This give anyone LTROI/Eli vibes?

A forum for discussing fan art related to Let The Right One In
CyberGhostface

This give anyone LTROI/Eli vibes?

Post by CyberGhostface » Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:20 pm

This isn't LTROI fan art but not sure where else it would fit. It's from Stephen King's short story 'One for the Road' which features a little vampire girl in a blizzard. Glenn Chadbourne did the art. It just reminded me of Eli (although Eli is obviously less menacing in appearance).

No banaaaanas?

Siggdalos

Re: This give anyone LTROI/Eli vibes?

Post by Siggdalos » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:34 pm

CyberGhostface wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:20 pm
(although Eli is obviously less menacing in appearance).
I'm not convinced that people who were subjected to Eli's worst sides would agree with that statement.

That said, yes, the idea of a little vampire girl in snow is definitely reminiscent of LTROI.
De höll om varandra i tystnad. Oskar blundade och visste: detta var det största. Ljuset från lyktan i portvalvet trängde svagt in genom hans slutna ögonlock, la en hinna av rött för hans ögon. Det största.

JToede

Post by JToede » Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:31 am

It has a Eli-ish feel. It reminds me of some images that intrige has found and posted here.
Veni, Vidi, volo in domum redire.

metoo

Post by metoo » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:56 am

Apart for the obvious - girl in snow - this picture doesn't remind me of Eli.

This menacingly smiling face conveys the kind of person that the vampire lady and the vampire lord represent. I believe Eli's face would be quite different - emotionless but with absolute determination. And uncommonly beautiful, as witnessed by many in the novel. But no teeth - a victim would never see Eli's teeth. For obvious reasons Eli would keep his mouth shut until he was in position to bite, and by then his entire face would be out of the victim's sight.
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

cmfireflies

Post by cmfireflies » Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:43 pm

A long time ago I wanted to write a fanfic from the perspective of Eli and Oskar's victims as a pure horror story and the picture is what I imagine the victim sees as Eli smiles seeing Oskar make his first kill knowing that they will be Ok together.
"When is a monster not a monster? Oh, when you love it."

intrige

Post by intrige » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:23 pm

A very creepy Eli yes :o
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

Return to “Fan Art”