From the light of a different sun

A forum for discussing fan art related to Let The Right One In
PeteMork

Re: From the light of a different sun

Post by PeteMork » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:35 am

ltroifanatic wrote:I've noticed that too.I just did a quick google and couldn't find one where she is smiling showing her teeth.I wonder what she's hiding ? ..Hey just found one..https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/22 ... 3538_n.jpg ....She's gorgeous. :wub:
Sorry to disappoint you, but that's not Lina. :cry: It's Caroline Maria Nilsen a 17-year old model from Norway.

Nightrider talks about it here: http://www.let-the-right-one-in.com/for ... =13&t=8450

This is the closest I've come to a toothy smile, but there must be others:
Last edited by PeteMork on Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:02 am

ltroifanatic wrote:I've noticed that too.I just did a quick google and couldn't find one where she is smiling showing her teeth.I wonder what she's hiding ? ..Hey just found one..https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/22 ... g....She's gorgeous. :wub:
I have to see this, but it just said page could not be shown.

Anyway, this is all I could find in my rather large collection of Eli and Lina pics:

“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:03 am

I am so embarrassed.I'm seeing Eli everywhere these days..lol
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:03 am

Well, there's always this one...

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:06 am

Or these...

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:15 am

ltroifanatic wrote:I am so embarrassed.I'm seeing Eli everywhere these days..lol
Eh, that girl could easily pass as Lina's twin. This young woman also pops up if you google Lina:

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:53 pm

Sure, she smells a little funny, and her makeup is a little off, and the way she talks is a little messed up, but she seems pretty smart and more than friendly enough, and the days are long and hard, and the nights harder because they're lonely. What harm can there be in picking up a strange girl at the bar and bringing her home for a nightcap?

But... what's up with her insisting on drinking her own wine?
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:16 am

This one looks like crap. Abby (yes, that's her) is at a different resolution from Eli, and both are different from the coliseum in the background. You'll find neither Abby nor Eli with quite those facial expressions in their respective movies, although you will find frames that are awfully similar. I did small things to both girls, mostly around their eyes and the way their mouths are set, and I'm finding that the smallest changes can result in some fairly radical changes in emotional temperature: Eli's eye is more slitted, where Abby's open just a bit wider, both girls' mouths have downturned corners (but just a bit), and Eli's lips are almost noticeably smaller. Her eyebrow is also just a scootch lowered. The intended effect is "confrontation", with one (or both) of the girls asking the other "Who are you and what do you think you're doing here!?"

Some of Eli's hair is snipped away to show a bit more of the coliseum and to bypass continuing problems I'm having with articulating hair, and the major reason this one looks like crap is that I'm also discovering that matching skin tones is not easy, especially when the lighting in the scenes from which the girls' faces are taken are very different.
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:02 pm

sauvin wrote:Image

Sure, she smells a little funny, and her makeup is a little off, and the way she talks is a little messed up, but she seems pretty smart and more than friendly enough, and the days are long and hard, and the nights harder because they're lonely. What harm can there be in picking up a strange girl at the bar and bringing her home for a nightcap?

But... what's up with her insisting on drinking her own wine?
:shock: The 'wine' is a nice touch. And of course that would be Eli's natural complexion. :D
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:06 pm

sauvin wrote:Image

... Eli's eye is more slitted, where Abby's open just a bit wider, both girls' mouths have downturned corners (but just a bit), and Eli's lips are almost noticeably smaller. Her eyebrow is also just a scootch lowered. The intended effect is "confrontation", with one (or both) of the girls asking the other "Who are you and what do you think you're doing here!?"
I think you've got it exactly right on the 'Eli' side. I think the eye and eyebrow are the most effective changes.

Return to “Fan Art”