Let The Wrong One Out (Fan Fiction)

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
dongregg

Re: Let The Wrong One Out (Fan Fiction)

Post by dongregg » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:05 pm

OMFG, you are completely in control of your reader's emotions. :o
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

andmker

Post by andmker » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:26 pm

dongregg wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:05 pm
OMFG, you are completely in control of your reader's emotions. :o
I nearly cried writing it 😢
Especially with Eli looking up at Oscar like a guardian angel 😇.

Next chapter coming in a few days.

andmker

Post by andmker » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:45 pm

CAUTION - This chapter contains violence, descriptions of gore, and details of injury.

***********************Chapter Eighteen***************************

Oscar’s entire field of vision was consumed by Eli’s blue eyes – that was all he could see and all he wanted to see. She was blinking like a butterfly, using the rapid movements of her lids to clear the blood out of her eyes. He had felt her climb on top of him and use her sleeve to cover the leaking hole in his chest. He wished that she hadn’t – he was finding it difficult to breathe with her arm across him.

“This is what it’s like to be shot?” he asked himself in his head being unable to say it out loud. It was not what he had expected it would feel like. It had happened so quickly, not like in the movies. He forced himself to stop thinking about it as there was something more important than the bullet inside him.

“Eli, you need to get out of here, he uninvited you.”
Oscar struggled to speak looking up at her eyes hovering over him.

“He is dead; this is no longer his residence. I don’t need an invite anymore. Let me help you.”
Oscar noted that her voice was quiet and weak – she had been hurt by what had happened here tonight. However, he took great pleasure in hearing that Albin Matty was dead.

“Eli...that guy was nuts. What’s the ‘face’ game he mentioned?” he asked then realised how stupid his question was. Here he was lying on the floor bleeding, unable to get up and he was just having a casual conversation.

Oscar could feel Eli’s arm trembling against his chest – it was only at that point he remembered her thirst and desire for blood.
“Eli, my blood, you can’t...it will...” he stopped speaking being unable to finish his sentence.
She leaned closer and kissed Oscar once softly on his lips. He could taste blood but it was her blood, from her bleeding mouth and gums.

“You have smelt like food since the night I met you. I haven’t eaten you yet and I don’t intend to start now.”
Oscar tried to laugh but the pressure that was still being applied on his chest preventing him from doing so. He tried to think of a funny response but he couldn’t. Lying on the carpet he began to wonder what exactly you were meant to do if someone was shot. For some reason, he couldn’t remember if you were meant to leave the bullet or to take it out.

At the same time, Eli had appeared to conclude that they couldn’t just stay on the floor – she had to do something. Turning around, she picked up his body carrying him on her back - Eli curled her toes and bit her lip hard being able to feel Oscar’s heartbeat against her back and feel his blood slowly leaking from him. She went over to the window holding Oscar on to her and looked out. Albin Matty was lying lifeless below and in the distance, the other guy was running away from the hotel as fast as he could. Eli knew this was going to be a problem. They were so high up that it was unlikely that either of them (especially Oscar) would survive a jump to the ground. By herself, Eli could easily scale down the building by digging her fingers and toes into the building itself but not while also carrying Oscar. There was no way that she could hold him with one hand and have the strength with the other hand to safely scale down to the ground.

Eli turned back around and dumped him down into a chair. Oscar looked spaced and vague and she slapped his face harder than intended but it succeeded in waking him up.
“Oscar, you need to grab my waist and hold on as tight as you can,” she said with her face inches from his own.
“I...can’t” he replied for some reason smiling.
“You NEED to hold on to me” she emphasised.
The injured boy simply shook his head.
“I’ve got pins and needles in my arms, I can’t really move them” he explained.

Eli glanced to the window and back at Oscar.
“Guess we’ll have to do this the old-fashioned way” she replied.

Eli lifted him again but placed him on the floor. She then took a hold of his feet and pulled him behind her, dragging him along the carpet and out the room.
“I’m sorry. I can’t get close to your blood again” she explained.

Oscar was dragged out the room, along the corridor, and towards the elevator. As the door opened she dragged him inside the lift and pressed the ground button. Oscar lifted his head as he saw her step out.
“Where are you going?”
“I can’t...I would have killed you by the time we reach the bottom” she explained, pointing to the wound on his chest.
“No, you won’t. I trust you” he replied trying but failing to give her a thumbs up.
“Oscar, I’ll meet you at the bottom,” Eli said as the doors closed.

The journey down to the ground floor was a slow one – the old lift seemed to be struggling to move. He gazed up at the flicking white light thinking how annoying it is and wondering why no one had fixed it. Still struggling to come to terms with recent events things were replying in his head. Everything was going alright until that man had uninvited Eli. Oscar was annoyed with himself for not having done something different, he saw the firearm being withdrawn from its holster. Albin had done so at such a casual speed. If Oscar had charged at him then and there he would have been able to stop him. They had gone into that meeting believing the worse outcome would have been they left with nothing and would have to move. However one thing pleased him – he took a bullet instead of Eli. Even if it was just dumb luck and the man’s poor aiming, it seemed to comfort him.

Oscar reached the ground floor finally and the doors opened with a “ding.” He managed to lift his head to see a pale Eli waiting patiently for him.

“Hey,” he said feeling like it had been a long time since they had seen each other.
She did not reply, simply picked his feet up again and resumed dragging him out the hotel to what end Oscar did not yet know.
“I can get you to the hospital – they will fix you.”

At that point, Oscar heard how weak and shaky Eli’s voice had become even in just a few minutes. Flat in tone with no emotion almost like the voice she would use when on the phone but somehow different. He also noticed that he was being dragged rather slowly compared to the speed she had removed him from the room. Eli was struggling like someone out of breath trying to drag a heavy sack of potatoes behind them. Oscar wanted to help but it was incredibly painful when he moved, plus the left side of his chest was getting heavier – he was beginning to breathe harder on his unshot side to try and compensate.

Finally, he felt a bump as he was dragged over the entrance to the hotel. As the cold air of the outside hit his face, the reality of the situation began to sink in. The hotel was either empty or everyone was hiding. No one knew Eli and Oscar were here. Neither one of them had a clue where the hospital was. Oscar didn’t like the idea of Eli trying to find someone to ask for help. He didn’t trust anyone else and he didn’t want Eli to leave him. Oscar had stopped being able to feel his legs at some point, he felt cold like he had never felt before. A cold deep inside him that was filling him up. Oscar felt his heart beating fast even know he wasn’t moving – he knew this was bad.

“Eli, it’s so dark.”
He then thought about her.
“You’re weak, you need blood...soon,” he told her.

Oscar could see the side of Eli’s face turn towards him. She looked older, still bloodstained but with matted hair that had thick streaks of grey shining out.
“Yes, I do.”
She turned around and without looking at Oscar she pulled the knife out of his trouser waistband.
“Wait here, I need to do something.”
Oscar screwed up his face – as if he was likely to jump up and go for a swim or something like that.

Eli was running over towards Albin’s heaped body which had landed about twenty or twenty-five feet to the right. As soon as reaching him, she kneeled down beside him and sunk her teeth into his neck. Feeding from him - drinking just enough blood to satisfy her hunger and restore some strength. When doing so, she deliberately bit into her own lip so that some of her blood mixed with his. Eli was trying to turn Albin into a creature like her. She wasn’t sure if it would work as he had recently died, but she was determined to give him what he had wanted for all these years. However, not exactly how Albin had wanted it.

As she pulled up with blood dripping messily down her mouth, she looked down at his face. Eli knew she had given him so many chances over the years to leave her alone, for him just to go and live his life but he was not capable of that.

“Enjoy being like me, enjoy your immortality” she whispered into his ear before making sure that if he did turn...that he would spend the rest of his existence in confusion, pain and fear.

Eli inserted both of her thumbs deep into his eyes rupturing them and pushing what was left into the back of their sockets. Then using a finger to open his mouth, she used her other hand to rip out his tongue, throwing it down beside him. Using the blade of Oscar’s knife she penetrated both of the man’s ears - just enough to ensure he would be deaf. Should he actually awake (and Eli hoped he would) Albin would be blind, deaf and dumb but she had one more thing to do. Her final act of revenge was to pull down the man’s trousers and underwear. Shaking her head and picking up Oscar’s knife she removed every aspect of his manhood.

Thirst and desire for retribution for what he had done to Oscar fulfilled, the man’s body was kicked hard three times before Eli run back over to her injured friend.

“Cold blood is like...saltwater, but it will do,” she said reaching his side before bending down to pick him up - but then he spoke.
“Eli, stop”
“Oscar I’m fine now. It’s your turn to be ok” she spoke starting to run her hands through his blonde hair.

“I don’t want to die in a hospital. Let’s just stay here. Just lie here with me.”
Oscar saw Eli press her arm across his chest again but this time he couldn’t really feel it. He looked up at her and saw that her eyes were watering.

“I’ve never seen you cry” he stated surprised.
“We vampires are only allowed to cry once a century,” she said grinning.
“Eli, you said the V-word.”

She did not reply but Oscar saw her scanning down his body.
“Oscar – I can save you. We can be together forever.”

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:15 pm

Thank you! Well paced and detailed as usual. Eli's tears add yet another level of emotion for me. :wub:
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

andmker

Post by andmker » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:56 am

dongregg wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:15 pm
Thank you! Well paced and detailed as usual. Eli's tears add yet another level of emotion for me. :wub:
Glad you liked it 😘

andmker

Post by andmker » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:58 pm

Whats people's thoughts?

Worth continuing? Would you all like more?

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:25 pm

Attention GK, PeteMork, and other WTI members. I hope you will continue to comment on andmkr's splendid work in progress, Let the Wrong One Out. You know how much I depended on your encouragement for Set Me As a Seal. :wub:

andmker

Post by andmker » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:46 pm

dongregg wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:25 pm
Attention GK, PeteMork, and other WTI members. I hope you will continue to comment on andmkr's splendid work in progress, Let the Wrong One Out. You know how much I depended on your encouragement for Set Me As a Seal. :wub:
I've starting tackling the next part.

But poor Oscar. I don't want him to die and also don't want him to become like Eli (yet) lol.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:18 pm

Poor Eli! If she turns him to save his life, won' he go through life with a chest wound? Well, I trust you to work through this tight corner. :)

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:53 pm

dongregg wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:25 pm
@dongregg ... thank you for the nudge. I confess I am behind. My bad, entirely :!: Here goes...

Return to “Fan Fiction”