Where has all the fan fiction gone :)

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
andmker

Where has all the fan fiction gone :)

Post by andmker » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:31 pm

Hello everyone from a (relativity) new member.

I was wondering what has happened to the wealth of LTROI fan fiction here on the forum? It's not something I usually go for, but I loved the movie and the book and thought I would give it a go.

Sadly anything I try to read like Eli Chronicles and Once Bitten seems to have dead links?

I would write my own FF but not sure if I could do it justice, was hoping to read other people's takes on it :)

Is there anyway to read it? Or am I doing something completely wrong, always a possibility)

Siggdalos

Re: Where has all the fan fiction gone :)

Post by Siggdalos » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:53 pm

Wolfchild posted this in the forum outage thread on August 6:
Wolfchild wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:34 pm
The ISP where this site is hosted had shut down all SQL database access. This forum, the Fan Content area, and my own LTROI site each run form an SQL database back end. It is not clear why they shut sown database access, nor what criteria they are using to restore it. The owner of the business that donates the web space for these sites has finally brow beaten the ISP into restoring most of the database access. However, the Fan Content area is still down with no ETA for its return.

I expect to spend some time in the coming months to find a new home for these sites. :evil:
And sauvin posted this on August 24:
sauvin wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:22 am
For the benefit of those who rely on email notifications of new topics and/or replies, the discussion forum seems to be back in business for the time being. The fan content area is still down with what appears to be a php (server-side programming) syntax error, or maybe a bad parameter.

While traffic might not be what it once was, a few die-hard fans like myself remain resolute in keeping that torch lit... and equally resolutely addicted. I think quite a few of us will breathe so much more easily when the site is moved to a more stable and well-managed host.
Until the error is (hopefully) sorted out, I think it's considered fine to post fan fiction here as a normal thread.
De höll om varandra i tystnad. Oskar blundade och visste: detta var det största. Ljuset från lyktan i portvalvet trängde svagt in genom hans slutna ögonlock, la en hinna av rött för hans ögon. Det största.

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:34 am

You may post fan-fiction (preferably here in the Fan-Fiction section) by using regular discussion threads. Be aware, however, the content of your story is subject to all the rules by which all entries on the site follow. Because of the context, that this is the fan-fiction section, a small degree of rougher language and content is permitted. Use the many discussion threads here which directly contain stories as examples.

Once we have the Fan-Content area restored to working order, we can continue to do as before: writing and art and video pieces may be submitted for review, all that passes is thus fine with the moderating crew.

andmker

Post by andmker » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:23 pm

Brilliant thanks.

I'll get through the wealth of posts and get caught up on everything. Be good to read other fans takes on it all.

Return to “Fan Fiction”