Exploring places

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
Kitsune

Exploring places

Post by Kitsune » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:35 pm

I hope this is alright, because this is somewhat mixed with was and fear exploring places with me and it's meant to be humorous but also informative because of the places I actually explored.

This will be short for now.

Suddenly I was cursed by some sorcerer. He told me, "you are now going to be a father of two boys, Elias and Oskar."
"Whoa wait a minute, I don't know much about being a dad yet and Oskar and Elias are not related."
"Now they are. Elias is now no longer affected by the sun. You will spend many years raising this kids."
"Why me?"
"Because loooool!! But seriously, take care of them."

"Daddy!!" Two of the kids ran up to me and hugged me.
"Oof! Oskar, Elias calm down. Alright, I'm not sure what to do here."

"We want to go see places."
"Oh. Well I have been doing exploration though and I guess I can have you kids tag along."
They cheered and ran all over the park.
"Whoa, ok, well I guess we can start off by going to the Lincoln Park, the first one I went to explore and filmed."
"Is that where Abraham Lincoln lived?" Oskar asked.
I sighed, "no. I'm not sure yet why it's named that, but it was originally called fauntroy park once. Well let's go and I'll show you."

PeteMork

Re: Exploring places

Post by PeteMork » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:53 pm

Good start! But if I were you I wouldn't consider it a curse at all. :D
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

SpartanAltego

Post by SpartanAltego » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:15 am

I appreciate the ROB (Random Omnipotent Being, for those unfamiliar) having no reason other than wanting to watch the world burn. That said, most “become parent to these boys” tales which comprise a large portion of local fanfiction do tend to run with Elias remaining a vampire as it presents some sort of challenge for the parent figure in question. Without that, it’s not quite Eli/Elias you’re babysitting. Wouldn’t you agree?
"The dark is patient, and it always wins. But its weakness lies in its strength: a single candle is enough to hold it at bay. Love is more than a candle. Love can ignite the stars." - Matthew Stover

Kitsune

Post by Kitsune » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:49 am

SpartanAltego wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:15 am
I appreciate the ROB (Random Omnipotent Being, for those unfamiliar) having no reason other than wanting to watch the world burn. That said, most “become parent to these boys” tales which comprise a large portion of local fanfiction do tend to run with Elias remaining a vampire as it presents some sort of challenge for the parent figure in question. Without that, it’s not quite Eli/Elias you’re babysitting. Wouldn’t you agree?
Oh I agree absolutely, considering that it would be interesting to see how things could go.

Kitsune

Post by Kitsune » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:43 pm

Lincoln Park

We took a bus out toward the west of Seattle, to the Lincoln park. For those who don’t know, Seattle is a city in Washington state of the USA. As we got off at the stop just in front of the trail, Elias jumped up and down toward the trail.
I called out to him, “Elias, come here for a second. Now remember you two, stay together. I have some things I would like to explain about the park as we go in.”
Elias smiled, “Ok Daddy, let’s go.” Oskar ran up ahead as we head in on the trail. There is a zip line across from the playground. There are a couple of children playing in the play ground area. Elias pointed to the zip line, “What’s that for?”
“That is for any kids who want to ride on that rope down to the other end over there. It’s a short zip line, made for kids. Never had those when I was a child. But it would have been fun if we did back when I was living in Maryland,” I explained. Just then Elias ran up to the bar on the line and then slid across the sand patch, “Weeee, this is fun!”
“I wanna go on too!” Oskar said, climbing on the ladder to grab the bar from Elias who then slid away from him, “Nope, I get to call dibs.”
“Elias…” I said, frowning. He then frowned and handed it back to Oskar who finally got to have his turn.
“Now remember, we share and we’re not staying here all day. Besides, there’s more to see here.” I told him, trying to reassure and cheer him up. He smiled, “Ok. But I get to have the last ride on it.”
I sighed, “Alright, one last time.” Oskar then got off and Elias grabbed onto the bar, then hung on by his legs, “Look daddy, no hands!” he then started flying back and forth, giggling like mad.
“No fair, using vampire power like that!” Oskar complained.
Again I sighed, “Do be careful, you can fall off and get hurt.”
After a few times he zipped back and forth, he got off at the furthest end and came bounding back to him, “Let’s come back here again some day.”
“Sure, we’ll do that, but let’s move on.”
There are several trails that branches out through the entire park, zigzagging here and there. The whole park is like a triangle shape, and I know we’re nearby the beach because of the wooden fence and you could see the Puget Sound. For those who don’t know, it’s a deep sea.
Elias sniffed the air, “Hey, we’re near the sea.”
“That’s right, we’re near to the point. There are steps down to the beach level, not to far from here.” I explained to them.
Oskar pointed to the benches, “There are benches there. I bet a lot of people sit to watch the sea, right?”
“Well yes, and for people to just relax after walking or jogging on the trail.” Then I was interrupted by Elias yelling out because he watched a squirrel run right up to him, he backed away, unsure what to do.
“Oh, a squirrel. Seems like these critters are so used to humans. Must have hoped you have food for him. Sometimes people feed them. But I won’t recommend doing that. There’s plenty of food here that they are well cared for.”
Elias watched as the squirrel scampered away onto the fence and looked up at them. They head further toward the point, which they find the archway toward the beach. The stairs are down ward the beach as they head across a narrow little trench. They see a bluff which so many plants and tree roots are showing. They finally reach the beach and they see a paved path which stretched from the Ferry terminal to the swimming pool and passed that to houses. There are driftwood lined all around between the paved path and the pebble beach. Elias ran right up to the water as you could hear the crashing of waves as it rolls in. It’s very peaceful and relaxing.
It is so relaxing that I forget the time that passed. Oskar tugged my arm, “Can we see more?”
“Oh yeah sure.” I called to Elias who was still staring out to sea. He then up and we moved on ahead. There were two picnic tables with a roof covered. They found the path heading back up. As we reach to the campground, Elias noticed a small bathroom building and turned to me, “Do people camp here?”
“I think so, but I hadn’t camped here myself, so I don’t know. Maybe one day we can. Looks like we’re at the end of our journey here. We’ll head back him and relax. We’ll go on another adventure.”
“Ok, then I think we should go to discovery park!” Elias exclaimed.
“Sounds like a good idea. Alright, we’ll do that.”

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:40 am

This is interesting! Good to see that you're back in the saddle and writing again.

I especially liked the visuls, such as, 'They see a bluff which so many plants and tree roots are showing."
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:40 pm

ha ha, at the end of each day this new father is going to go to bed tired out. Oskar and Elias have a lot of energy! :D

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:39 am

Light and fun. Keep em coming. I'm enjoying them.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Return to “Fan Fiction”