Forum Software Upgrade

For discussion of Tomas Alfredson's Film Låt den rätte komma in
Wolfchild

Forum Software Upgrade

Post by Wolfchild » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:18 am

Soon, probably the weekend of Dec 23, I will be doing a major upgrade of the software that runs this forum. The main reason for this upgrade is that the new forum software will behave better on small screens, like smartphones and tablets. However, another reason is simply that the version of software that currently runs this forum is going out of support.

For those who are interested, I have set up a temporary test forum that uses the new software here. It has taken some work to get it to look about the same in both board styles that we currently use (prosilver and ltroi). There are some new features, and some things are in different places, but for the most part everything should be pretty familiar to everyone.

If the upgrade goes smoothly, it should take a few hours or so. If something goes wrong in the middle, it will take additional time to fix it and move forward with the upgrade. If it looks like there is some show stopping issue, it will take an additional few hours or to so put everything back as it was. Either way, I don't plan on the forum to be down for more than one day. Pray for me 8-)
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

dongregg

Re: Forum Software Upgrade

Post by dongregg » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:33 am

Thank you for taking such good care of us. :wub:
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:33 am

dongregg wrote:Thank you for taking such good care of us. :wub:
Hear, hear!
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

metoo

Post by metoo » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:13 am

Good to hear that your'e maintaining the forum, Wolfchild!

I will test the new UI.
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

metoo

Post by metoo » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:18 am

It seems my login to the old forum doesn't (yet) work for the new one.

Is this so?
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

SpartanAltego

Post by SpartanAltego » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:23 am

Shiny and new. I like it!
"The dark is patient, and it always wins. But its weakness lies in its strength: a single candle is enough to hold it at bay. Love is more than a candle. Love can ignite the stars." - Matthew Stover

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:19 pm

Thanks Wolfchild.Looks good from here. :D
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

intrige

Post by intrige » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:40 pm

yes, thank you :)
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:31 pm

Shiny.
"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:36 am

metoo wrote:It seems my login to the old forum doesn't (yet) work for the new one.

Is this so?
I have not converted the database or transferred any data to that test forum. Its purpose is to make sure that I got the skins right and that custom features from this forum work there. The only active logins are the one I created for myself and a test user. New user registrations are also not enabled there, but perhaps I should turn them on. I just don't want people creating content there, because it is going to fold up its tent and disappear when the real forum comes on line.
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

Return to “Let The Right One In (Film)”