Let the Long Night End (Complete)

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
gkmoberg1

Re: Let the Long Night End

Post by gkmoberg1 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:10 pm

You've provided my afternoon play list. Thank you!

I'm sure putting that together was rewarding. Perhaps it's inspire you further!

Mishrashade48

Post by Mishrashade48 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:25 am

Good lord, Abraham is growing on me. I know from the perspective of Abby and the kind of history we know about him we are supposed to dislike this guy, but his character is too intriguing. I'm saying I'm entirely cheering him on throughout the story, but I'm giving big smiles, especially when he's thanking Milton for letting him into his home. :D

Eli and the sock-people, that's priceless in so many ways. You're still always continuing to yearn for those special moments where Eli gets the feelings of thankfulness and joy. It's brought even more to the front when Levi gives her his "actual gift," and the way Levi is just how you think he would. Just give a "whatever" but let out a little wink. That's the Levi I always enjoy seeing. You illustrate more and more the depth of these characters and it's truly great.

Yes, I do always feel this subtle anxiousness that things are abruptly going to go in the worse of ways for our main characters, but I know I can't close my eyes to this story, that's never going to happen. Great Job Spartan!!!! Can't wait for the next chapter!!!!!
All of life's journeys come with meetings, partings, and reunions.

SpartanAltego

Post by SpartanAltego » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:39 am

Mishrashade48 wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:25 am
Good lord, Abraham is growing on me. I know from the perspective of Abby and the kind of history we know about him we are supposed to dislike this guy, but his character is too intriguing. I'm saying I'm entirely cheering him on throughout the story, but I'm giving big smiles, especially when he's thanking Milton for letting him into his home. :D

Eli and the sock-people, that's priceless in so many ways. You're still always continuing to yearn for those special moments where Eli gets the feelings of thankfulness and joy. It's brought even more to the front when Levi gives her his "actual gift," and the way Levi is just how you think he would. Just give a "whatever" but let out a little wink. That's the Levi I always enjoy seeing. You illustrate more and more the depth of these characters and it's truly great.

Yes, I do always feel this subtle anxiousness that things are abruptly going to go in the worse of ways for our main characters, but I know I can't close my eyes to this story, that's never going to happen. Great Job Spartan!!!! Can't wait for the next chapter!!!!!
Your anxiousness is not unmerited given the history of similar fan fictions in this very site. But tension is part of the fun!

Abraham is fun to write for me, mostly because he’s challenging. I wanted him to seem almost inoffensive from the start, even as he’s introduced just after brutally murdering a person. There’s a certain emptiness of soul that comes with adult vampires, I feel, compared to Eli’s experience - because they have the actual choice to self terminate whereas a child vampire may not. So if you continue to exist, it can’t be in a state of mind comparable to conventional humanity. So he’s half-alien, in a sense, gliding through life and death. But he needed to have some kind of depth beyond that, so I brought him and Milton together twice (soon to be thrice) to better flesh out the character.

Writing happy scenes is addictive to me, which is why I dole them out in careful portions. :P Seeing Elias happy, Oskar, Milton, and especially Levi - that’s just warmth in my chest. I brought you all this far, I think you’re almost entitled to a little sweetness to brighten your days. And there is still more to come! LtLNE giveth, taketh, and giveth once more. 8-)

Chapter progress: 20+ pages and approximately 60% complete. New estimated drop date is by next Sunday or the week afternoon that! Definitely before Halloween. :)

Thank you again to everyone who responds and gives feedback. It really lights my fire.
"The dark is patient, and it always wins. But its weakness lies in its strength: a single candle is enough to hold it at bay. Love is more than a candle. Love can ignite the stars." - Matthew Stover

SpartanAltego

Post by SpartanAltego » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:05 am

“Hush, hush, hush...here comes the Boogeyman!”

Part XI is up and the longest chapter sitting at 30 pages worth of content! Enjoy this early Halloween treat, my friends. And remember - say your prayers at night, or the boogeyman will come for you too. :twisted:
"The dark is patient, and it always wins. But its weakness lies in its strength: a single candle is enough to hold it at bay. Love is more than a candle. Love can ignite the stars." - Matthew Stover

metoo

Post by metoo » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:20 pm

Phew. That was a though one...
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:49 pm

Reporting back... the first dozen or so pages seem tame enough. By page 14 I'm expecting a birthday party to break out. What could possibly go wrong for our friends? :? I venture on...

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:40 am

Well, uhh, things don't get to the birthday party stage. Events rear off into an umm entirely different direction. Sorry. No spoilers See? ... you're going to have to go read for yourself. :twisted: ... Me, I'm nearing the end, somewhere near page 28.

Spartan: you do understand I need to be able to sleep at night, right?

SpartanAltego

Post by SpartanAltego » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:11 pm

metoo wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:20 pm
Phew. That was a though one...
gkmoberg1 wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:40 am
Well, uhh, things don't get to the birthday party stage. Events rear off into an umm entirely different direction. Sorry. No spoilers See? ... you're going to have to go read for yourself. :twisted: ... Me, I'm nearing the end, somewhere near page 28.

Spartan: you do understand I need to be able to sleep at night, right?
:twisted:

It was fun writing this chapter. The long awaited landing of a shoe dropped from a very, very tall building. I try to write LtLNE how I would say I’ve experienced reality: bad things tend not to happen with preamble or warning. Things are usually just fine...up until the precise moment they are not. That’s something I wanted to capture with this chapter and something I think LtROI does well too.

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:46 pm

Spartan! You provide us yet again with a solid and very impressive chapter. This must have been hard for you to write as you have put so much thought and work into the story and these characters. I had to sit and chill out a bit after making it through to the end. As you say, the shoe dropped. And suddenly. Kudos on a spectacular tale. I'll be waiting for the follow-thru but will enjoy going back through this until then.

Return to “Fan Fiction”