Let the Long Night End (Complete)

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
SpartanAltego

Re: Let the Long Night End

Post by SpartanAltego » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:05 am

Apologies for the lack of updates; finals week, etc etc, excuses excuses. Part II is estimated for release around next Tuesday and Thursday! Not sure if this counts as a "nothing" post or not, just have a habit of periodic updates to reassure I haven't abandoned my projects.

A bit of good news, though. A discussion had during the WTI Skype call prompted some new lines of thought, and I've rejiggered some of LtLNE to meet this new idea.
"The dark is patient, and it always wins. But its weakness lies in its strength: a single candle is enough to hold it at bay. Love is more than a candle. Love can ignite the stars." - Matthew Stover

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:55 am

SpartanAltego wrote:Apologies for the lack of updates; finals week, etc etc, excuses excuses. Part II is estimated for release around next Tuesday and Thursday! Not sure if this counts as a "nothing" post or not, just have a habit of periodic updates to reassure I haven't abandoned my projects.

A bit of good news, though. A discussion had during the WTI Skype call prompted some new lines of thought, and I've rejiggered some of LtLNE to meet this new idea.
Great. Let us know when you need more stimulation. We'll do it again. ;)

Looking forward to your next installment. And the unfrozen water in the well. :D
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:17 am

Yes Spartan.You've got us hooked now.Yes and as Pete said if you need any more inspiration I'm sure we'll be more than happy to do another hook-up.Heck I'll do it anytime it was so much fun and very inspirational.Can't wait for the next instalement. :D :D
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

SpartanAltego

Post by SpartanAltego » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:03 am

Part II has been put up for review! Given the speedy response of the mods before, I expect it'll be publicly available before the night is out. A little shorter than the previous entry, but with much greater amounts of dialogue to balance out the introspection and long nights of the soul.

Buckle in; it's not a tale for the faint-hearted. But then, none of us are here because we're afraid of the dark. Just the implication, perhaps, that there really is nothing in those shadows at all. No monsters except for ourselves. And monsters, by definition, are alone.
"The dark is patient, and it always wins. But its weakness lies in its strength: a single candle is enough to hold it at bay. Love is more than a candle. Love can ignite the stars." - Matthew Stover

SpartanAltego

Post by SpartanAltego » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:57 am

http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... er-my-skin

Part II is up, fellow Infected! Enjoy - and may your Christmas and New Year be lovely. Also, the story now has an official "film poster" of sorts made by yours truly and featuring the protagonists. 8-)

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:15 am

World without end. Amen.

Thank you for this awesome journey you are taking us on. You are a remarkable writer. I think you feel what your characters feel. What you let us feel.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:50 am

I agree with Don. You're an excellent writer. It shows in your attention to detail--and the care you take in the development of your characters.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

metoo

Post by metoo » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:41 am

I agree as well.
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

SpartanAltego

Post by SpartanAltego » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:42 am

dongregg wrote:World without end. Amen.

Thank you for this awesome journey you are taking us on. You are a remarkable writer. I think you feel what your characters feel. What you let us feel.
PeteMork wrote:I agree with Don. You're an excellent writer. It shows in your attention to detail--and the care you take in the development of your characters.
metoo wrote:I agree as well.
Thank you. Really. :)

I've never had to fear bursting into flames if the sun should fall on me, but I have spent long years hiding from it because I was too afraid to face the light. I've never burst out of my own skin and been reduced to a monstrous beast, but I know what it's like to feel as though an animal paces inside ready to bite the first person it can. I've never been bullied to the same extent as Oskar (indeed, for a time I was the bully) but I have experienced cruelty at the hands of others. I've never been a pastor, but I've gone through the process of faith, doubt, and a final resolution of agonosticism.

You write who you know. And to some extent, I know every protagonist very intimately.

By the way, that image of an older Oskar in the "film poster" is indeed of Kare, all grown up and exceptionally handsome. Perhaps now we see the Oskar that Eli sees; as seen with the eyes of love. Speaking of eyes, Eli's are dark/pale blue in the poster because to make them novel accurate (brown/black) seemed a wasted opportunity and I prefer the pale blue color besides. Consider it an artistic licsense change.

Part III is estimated for a January 6th - 7th completion date. In which a fateful encounter occurs, questions are posed, and more light is shed on what led Oskar and Eli to flee Sweden entirely.

To be continued in: "Part III: Strangers In The Night"

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:17 am

I agree too.Your attention to detail makes me feel like I'm there.I'm hooked. :D :D..oh and of course I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and a great 2018. :D
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

Return to “Fan Fiction”