Set Me as a Seal Part 10

Postby dongregg » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:32 am

Discussion area for Set Me as a Seal upon Your Heart Part 10

"Um, could we listen to 'Pavane for a Dead Princess' while we wait?" She closes her eyes and draws the back of her hand across her forehead as though she might faint.

"Eli, you goof! That's not even funny!"

http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancontent/ff/set-me-seal-upon-your-heart-part-10

Enjoy! :)
Last edited by dongregg on Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Walker, there is no path; the path is made by walking." - Antonio Machado
dongregg

Re: Set Me as a Seal Part 10

Postby a_contemplative_life » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:26 pm

You're good to go, sir! :)
a_contemplative_life

Postby metoo » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:57 pm

dongregg wrote:[URL for the story goes here]

You don't have to wait for the story to be approved before adding a link to it, you know.

Here it is, anyway: http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... rt-part-10
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist
metoo

Postby PeteMork » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:06 am

I think your idea that Eli would be so struck by seeing daylight all through "The Sound of Music," and actually have a nightmare as a result, is both original and very clever.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)
PeteMork

Postby dongregg » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:34 am

PeteMork wrote:I think your idea that Eli would be so struck by seeing daylight all through "The Sound of Music," and actually have a nightmare as a result, is both original and very clever.

So many of us have written in fan fics or in our posts that giving up everseeing a sunrise or blue skiesis a big price to pay for becoming a vampire. In part 2, I wrote:

"Hey, I know!" Eli says brightly. "When I first made the hideout, I fell in love with this bit of forest. Will you go outside with me? And just sit? We can never watch a sunrise, but..."

They sit and hold each other, enchanted as the twilight sky brightens and the forest wakes up. Small animals rustle the foliage, and birds begin their predawn chorus. The wall of sound reaches a crescendo minutes before daybreak, when Oskar and Eli must go back in. Neither says a word. They fall into their deep sleep, hugging each other, their faces a picture of the sublime peace that all children deserve.

Then the opening scene of The Sound of Music slapped me in the face! And slapped dear little Eli even harder. :o
"Walker, there is no path; the path is made by walking." - Antonio Machado
dongregg

Postby ltroifanatic » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:03 am

Yes it would.Makes me remember what I take for granted.Simple pleasures that would knock Eli's socks off.Love,loyalty,friendship,trust to name a few.Thanks again Don for a beautiful story. :D
ltroifanatic