Temporary Visitors

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
metoo

Temporary Visitors

Post by metoo » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:51 pm

I have uploaded a short story that has been hiding in my virtual drawer for several years.

It will be available in Swedish and English as soon as it has been approved by the moderators.
Last edited by metoo on Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

gkmoberg1

Re: Temporary Visitors

Post by gkmoberg1 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:07 pm

gnashing my teeth while waiting and pressing [F5] on my browser... [Can't wait to read this!]

metoo

Post by metoo » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:25 pm

And I can't wait seeing if there will be any reactions upon it...
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

metoo

Post by metoo » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:03 am

My new story is now approved by the moderators.

It is available in Swedish and English.

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:14 am

Short and sweet, with a tender moment. Nice.

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:25 pm

Yes--setting the stage for who knows what? ;)

metoo

Post by metoo » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:50 pm

a_contemplative_life wrote:Yes--setting the stage for who knows what? ;)
Nothing particular.

With this short story I wanted to express my view on the life of Oskar and Eli. They would be utterly rootless, perpetually moving to the next place in order to stay ahead of any unwelcome rumours or investigations. Soon this would lose all adventure and excitement, and just become unwanted but necessary routine. Not much stuff for fan fiction, unfortunately.

Still, I think they would find life worthwhile.
Last edited by metoo on Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:25 pm

Definitely a barren, lonely existence, except for the spark of their mutual love. A sobering prediction of one way their life together could evolve into a sort of static stalemate. :(
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

metoo

Post by metoo » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:34 pm

PeteMork wrote:Definitely a barren, lonely existence, except for the spark of their mutual love. A sobering prediction of one way their life together could evolve into a sort of static stalemate. :(
Yes, but that would be the external observer's view. They might still consider themselves reasonably lucky...

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:58 pm

metoo wrote:
PeteMork wrote:Definitely a barren, lonely existence, except for the spark of their mutual love. A sobering prediction of one way their life together could evolve into a sort of static stalemate. :(
Yes, but that would be the external observer's view. They might still consider themselves reasonably lucky...
This sentence implied to me that they are loose-limbed and comfortable: "They walked at a brisk pace, their sports bags swinging in the shoulder straps, bumping at their hips."

Chrysalis -- from which something new could emerge -- paired with mummy -- a static ending -- speaks volumes about the uncertainty of their life.

In the last sentence, their awareness of their own vulnerability adds poignancy to their rootless wanderings.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Return to “Fan Fiction”