My Fan Fiction: "Days of Blood and Roses"

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
krmujn0831

My Fan Fiction: "Days of Blood and Roses"

Post by krmujn0831 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:31 am

I have created a wordpress blog for the purpose of posting chapters of my "Let the Right One In" inspired fan fiction. Chapters 1-7 are complete. Future chapters will follow. You can read it on https://lettherightoneinsequel.wordpress.com
Into a person,
Absolutely free
From thoughts and emotions,
Even the tiger finds no room
To insert its fierce claws.

dongregg

Re: My Fan Fiction: "Days of Blood and Roses"

Post by dongregg » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:35 am

krmujn0831 wrote:I have created a wordpress blog for the purpose of posting chapters of my "Let the Right One In" inspired fan fiction. Chapters 1-7 are complete. Future chapters will follow. You can read it on https://lettherightoneinsequel.wordpress.com
I only got as far as the first screen. Do I need to register with wordpress to see the story? :think:
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

krmujn0831

Post by krmujn0831 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:09 am

dongregg wrote:
krmujn0831 wrote:I have created a wordpress blog for the purpose of posting chapters of my "Let the Right One In" inspired fan fiction. Chapters 1-7 are complete. Future chapters will follow. You can read it on https://lettherightoneinsequel.wordpress.com
I only got as far as the first screen. Do I need to register with wordpress to see the story? :think:
To access the story, click on the three horizontal bars in the upper right corner of the screen. A menu will slide out showing the table of contents. There you can click on any chapter. It should work. If not, let me know. I'm a wordpress newbie and am still learning how it works. In the meantime, I will revise the preface to explain how to access the chapters.
Into a person,
Absolutely free
From thoughts and emotions,
Even the tiger finds no room
To insert its fierce claws.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:20 am

Yep the 3 bars did it. I've started reading it and am enjoying it. I'll return to the story tomorrow. :)
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

intrige

Post by intrige » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:21 am

Ok so I have read up to chapter 3 and I am really town about this FF. On one hand is it very well written. I am a sucker for passion and romance, and the part were Oskar got infected was really good. Also, the part where Eli questions Oskar and his motives is rad as fu*k. But then, it is also very over the top, which I mean, I have a love-hate relationship to that. I used to write like that myself back in the day but now when I read it I don't buy it. Also, as mentioned before this FF even began, there are two children doing sexual things to each other. That is disturbing and upsetting. Even though a part of it was some sort of joint fantasy?? Judging from how you write, and the intrests, hobbies and profession you have, you are a grown-up. I mean, getting carried way while writing is all well and good, but I honestly don't think it is OK to write that kind of stuff down and put it out there like that.

One of the things I have always loved about Oskar and Eli's relationship was their innocense, among this chaos of murder, dirt and rape. It seems very out of character for them to suddently matsurbate with each other's hands and such?? And how can someone without any reproductive organs even get aroused? All though it is between two people who love each other, in fiction.. They are still minors and not just, 15 turing 16 stuff here, they are kids. Does it not disturb you to have made something like that?

Anyway, that's all I have to say. I will not continue reading.
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:14 am

dongregg wrote:Yep the 3 bars did it. I've started reading it and am enjoying it. I'll return to the story tomorrow. :)
Or not.

I disagree with Trige's idea about not publishing your story (I think that's what she was suggesting, or maybe just that she wouldn't have), but the Internet is becoming more like the wild wild West, and everyone knows you need to walk carefully as you pick your way to stuff you want to read. Even though I'm consciously writing my fan fictions so that parental advisories are (probably) not necessary, I have nothing against whatever folks want to write and publish.

One thing concerned me in your preface -- you refer to O&E as pubescent and as adolescents. I sometimes ignore or contradict the "canon," but my own predilection is to treat the children as pre-pubescent. Knocking on the door of adolescence, but not yet getting an answer. But that's just me. There are stories on the forum that are explicitly sexual, others that imply sexual activity. I mostly don't make it to the end of those stories, though I hasten to add, some (maybe all) are better written than my stories. I'm also not very attracted to brutal or cruel stories, but -- again -- that's me.

And what I just wrote about sex and violence -- a writing can still be great if it passes the Lady Chatterley test of having socially redeeming value that transcends the content. Or was that first applied to James Joyce?

I get it loud and clear that you are writing for your own pleasure. Follow your bliss, but...

Well, that's my 2 cents worth.

Return to “Fan Fiction”