Set Me as a Seal Part 9

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
dongregg

Re: Set Me as a Seal Part 9

Post by dongregg » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:39 am

PeteMork wrote: He was soooo close. You could actually get him even closer in Book 3. ;) And in it, you could ponder the perfect fork in the road: When he finds them, will they befriend him, or eat him? :shock:
I love it! Of course they won't have Per for dinner. The next time we meet Per, he will have already married the medical examiner, Dr. Agnetha Andersson. I like her and I won't make a widow of her. :D However, I could build up the mystery as to whether the kids will or won't. Eeeee.
You could even involve them all in the separatist movement in Catalonia.
Yep. I would dare all, especially the separatist movement. I already tried a few things, but our Spanish friend @ketnar pointed out that in the '80s, Catalan was still shunned, spoken only by the old folks, unlike now when you can't throw a rock without hitting a school where Catalan is taught. And of course, I'm on Señor Ávila's side and have no love for the government in Madrid (or their arrogant soccer team, Real Madrid). :P

As for a zoom to the present, I've already got a lot of stuff--Google Maps of Barcelona are in Catalan, not Spanish, and Google Translate handles Catalan very handily. And of course I've got tons of today's images. But we'll see (Ho veure'm). Our 2008 (or 2018) is a long long way from the period in which Book 3 will need to play out. But @mackousko laid the groundwork with his painting of Eli browsing the WTI forum on her laptop (so cute).
@ltroifanatic wrote: Yes. Oskar and Eli today. It opens up so many interesting opportunities and situations. New technology. New friends and foes. New fads and fashions. The variations are endless. Per might be a little old by then but maybe his son or daughter? :think:
Yes, he and Agnetha are retiring, but they are Karin's age. I already tried one vignette--the 2008 photo in LTODD comes to Per (he's now Chief Inspector Morkus) and he's the one who passes the photo on to Karin. But, like many of the stories in Set Me As a Seal, it could easily be put in the circular file if a better vignette comes along. I sure like Pete's idea of the fork in the road!
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

dongregg

Re: Set Me as a Seal Part 9

Post by dongregg » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:47 pm

@ltroifanatic wrote: Yes. Oskar and Eli today. It opens up so many interesting opportunities and situations. New technology. New friends and foes. New fads and fashions. The variations are endless.
@dongregg wrote: Our 2008 (or 2018) is a long long way from the period in which Book 3 will need to play out. But @mackousko laid the groundwork with his painting of Eli browsing the WTI forum on her laptop (so cute).
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Return to “Fan Fiction”