Coming in from the Cold

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
gary13136

Re: Coming in from the Cold

Post by gary13136 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:02 pm

lombano wrote:
gary13136 wrote:A little ambiguous (Eli is already scheming) but that's OK.
Well, Eli is a centuries-old predator that looks like an angelic child, if she spent too long without scheming she would probably explode or something. :D
Well, for the first time in a long time, Eli has a family AND a real home. And in her child-like way, she doesn't want to give them up. Dawson, I think, is Eli's inspiration where scheming is concerned.
One example of democracy in action is 5 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what to have for lunch.--Anonymous

cmfireflies

Post by cmfireflies » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:58 am

I just finished this. The ending is so sweet, Eli is finally reclaiming her childhood. It was a very enjoying ride, thanks a lot.
"When is a monster not a monster? Oh, when you love it."

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:02 am

Thanks everybody! I really loved writing this. I like to think that Eli is one of those people who rolls with the punches and doesn't waste time feeling sorry for herself. I think she also knows instinctively that sadness is best experienced alone, but happiness isn't truely fullfilled unless you have someone to share it with. And god help anyone who gets between her and her new-found happiness . :twisted:
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

foxfire

Post by foxfire » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:52 pm

This was an enjoyable story. It's good that you found a way for Oskar to spend eternity with Eli without turning him into a vampire. If they were both vampires, I think it would take away part of what makes their relationship special.

lombano

Post by lombano » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:55 pm

gary13136 wrote:
lombano wrote:
gary13136 wrote:A little ambiguous (Eli is already scheming) but that's OK.
Well, Eli is a centuries-old predator that looks like an angelic child, if she spent too long without scheming she would probably explode or something. :D
Well, for the first time in a long time, Eli has a family AND a real home. And in her child-like way, she doesn't want to give them up. Dawson, I think, is Eli's inspiration where scheming is concerned.
Yes, she's plotting with the best intentions.
Bli mig lite.

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:39 pm

I enjoyed this story. Typical for kids like Eli and Oskar not to understand (or know how to deal with) the concept that people do get old and die, and their reaction seemed very natural. I wonder if Oskar will sneak a needle into the Professor? That was funny.

Maybe you'll have to write some more about their adventures in the U.K.

gary13136

Post by gary13136 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:22 pm

a_contemplative_life wrote:I enjoyed this story. Typical for kids like Eli and Oskar not to understand (or know how to deal with) the concept that people do get old and die, and their reaction seemed very natural. I wonder if Oskar will sneak a needle into the Professor? That was funny.

I hope that Eli will be very discriminating in her choice of victims in Britain. Else she could alter the succession to the throne. :o
One example of democracy in action is 5 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what to have for lunch.--Anonymous

DMt.

Post by DMt. » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:39 pm

As long as Dawson can keep the blood coming, the British subjects need have no cause for alarm...probably.

Thank God it doesn't have to be fresh, in the Morkiverse!

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:36 am

gary13136 wrote:
a_contemplative_life wrote:I enjoyed this story. Typical for kids like Eli and Oskar not to understand (or know how to deal with) the concept that people do get old and die, and their reaction seemed very natural. I wonder if Oskar will sneak a needle into the Professor? That was funny.

I hope that Eli will be very discriminating in her choice of victims in Britain. Else she could alter the succession to the throne. :o
Hmmm! Royal Blood. Is Royal Blood to Eli like Royal Jelly to a Queen Bee? Interesting idea. :twisted: Super Eli!! :shock:
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:52 am

foxfire wrote:This was an enjoyable story. It's good that you found a way for Oskar to spend eternity with Eli without turning him into a vampire. If they were both vampires, I think it would take away part of what makes their relationship special.
That was my thought. Their relationship has enough going against it without changing the basic dynamic between the two. (The preditor-prey dynamic? The powerful-powerless dynamic? The love-loneliness dynamic? The wimp-vampire dynamic? The worldly-innocent dynamic?) All potentially thrown off balance by Oskar being turned.

Return to “Fan Fiction”