Coming in from the Cold

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
EEA

Re: Coming in from the Cold

Post by EEA » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:36 am

You are going to enjoy reading The Dawson Family a lot then. :)

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:15 am

Daniel Ether wrote:so... i just finished reading "Coming in from the Cold"... AND WOW! I LOVE IT :D
I am sooo happy for them. The ending was awesome! :D And Dr. Dawsons dream was really incredibly sad. I read it in the bus, making my way to work, and nearly teared up :roll: (sentimental me)

I also think its not strange to have sympathy for imaginary characters. I alway think its like when you hear a nice story about a real person you dont know. The fact that you dont know the person makes it a little abstract but you still feel sympathy for the person because of the nice things she or he did. And for imaginary characters i think its the same. You can feel sympathy just for the idea of the person and all her/his likeable and lovable qualities. And so i think you can feel happy or sad for Eli and Oskar, as there pure ideas as persons. For me it nearly doesn't matter if Eli and Oskar are real or not. If Dr. Dawsons is real or not. Or if Vampires are real or not. I read about them and what happend to them, and if there are real or not, the sympathy i feel for them is as real as it can get.
so... now i am cheese :oops: but its really late right now ;)
But i have to say again that i really really enjoyed reading "Coming in from the Cold" and i cant wait starting with "The Dawson Family", Thank you Pete Mork!
You're quite welcome! I glad you enjoyed it.

Dr. Dawson's dream was originally written as a separate ending to "Coming in from the cold"; a terrible, alternate ending that had been bouncing around in my head for weeks, daring me me write it out -- which I finally did, but I posted it in a separate thread so no one would mistake it for my real ending. It was an old veteran of the forum, Dmt., who suggested that I turn it into a dream in "Coming in from the cold," and I am eternally grateful to him for the suggestion, because I wanted my readers to understand how much Dr. Dawson already loved Eli and Oskar :wub: , and this was the perfect way to do it.

The Dawson Family continues in the same tradition, and is quaranteed to have a happy ending also, just as EEA and Intrige have promised ;) . I hope you enjoy it.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

intrige

Post by intrige » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:01 am

God I miss Dmt. Those were the days. He made the forum so joyful. :)
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

Clubmeister

Post by Clubmeister » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:13 pm

intrige wrote:God I miss Dmt. Those were the days. He made the forum so joyful. :)
Yeah. And he still corrects our mistakes :D (at least mine)
He is looking at me, silently, expectantly, in the near-dark room, neither smiling nor frowning; gaunt as a Belsen child, proud as the Devil, distant and beautiful as a star. [DMt.]

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:22 pm

A PDF of "Coming in from the Cold" and "The Dawson Family," now combined into one novel called "Coming in from the Cold" is now available for download:

http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... 0Novel.pdf

A PDF of "The Eli Chronicles" is also available for download:

http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... sFinal.pdf
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Clubmeister

Post by Clubmeister » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:21 pm

PeteMork wrote:A PDF of "Coming in from the Cold" and "The Dawson Family," now combined into one novel called "Coming in from the Cold" is now available for download:

http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... 0Novel.pdf

A PDF of "The Eli Chronicles" is also available for download:

http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... sFinal.pdf
Thanks, Pete!
Let "We, The Infected" live as long as Eli, i.e. forever :) But now I'm comforted - if even something will happen with the forum, your nice books will always be with me :D
He is looking at me, silently, expectantly, in the near-dark room, neither smiling nor frowning; gaunt as a Belsen child, proud as the Devil, distant and beautiful as a star. [DMt.]

EEA

Post by EEA » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:06 pm

Cool. :) Now I can stay up late at night reading. :mrgreen:

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:29 am

Peter, I thank you for this from the bottom of my heart.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Daniel Ether

Post by Daniel Ether » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:55 am

dongregg wrote:Peter, I thank you for this from the bottom of my heart.
I just have to quote EEA here at that point who said to me...
EEA wrote:You are going to enjoy reading The Dawson Family a lot then. :)

when i had finished Coming in from the Cold. And EEA was soooo right :D

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:19 pm

dongregg wrote:Peter, I thank you for this from the bottom of my heart.
You're welcome, Don. I'm glad you liked it. Believe me, it was a lot of fun to write.

Return to “Fan Fiction”