Addition to Pool Scene / Fanfiction "Very Much Like a Kiss"

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
Marri Lightning

Re: Addition to Pool Scene / Fanfiction "Very Much Like a Ki

Post by Marri Lightning » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:36 am

Almost 100 views, whoo!!! :D

And I also found the soundtrack I'd all but given up looking for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVd-vmXLbUQ

"Then We Are Together" soundtrack from the movie. This music is inaccurately titled, though; the music playing during the "Then We Are Together" scene is a tiny bit different, albeit same melody.

But this one, specifically, I thought I'd never find! It's the music that starts when Oskar finds the completed Rubik's Cube on the jungle gym in the morning, and continues as the day skips ahead to night when they meet up there again.

Man, that music is a huge part of the inspiration for parts of my book :) sorry to keep bringing that up, but I'm happy kuz I found this music :)
*S...W...E...E...T
D...R......*

Marri Lightning

Post by Marri Lightning » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:40 am

Ah...hey, guys?

I sent that Wolf-something guy the message for a Fanfiction center login, but I never got a response back. I can't write any more fanfictions because of this. Is there a workaround for it? Did he / she just go offline or something? I know this story seems pretty dead already, but I'm hoping I can get a response on this, or else I can't post any more.
*S...W...E...E...T
D...R......*

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:52 am

Marri Lightning wrote:Ah...hey, guys?

I sent that Wolf-something guy the message for a Fanfiction center login, but I never got a response back. I can't write any more fanfictions because of this. Is there a workaround for it? Did he / she just go offline or something? I know this story seems pretty dead already, but I'm hoping I can get a response on this, or else I can't post any more.
What you should do is write a request to Wolfchild and a_contemplative_life , asking for login help. They will get back to you, but yes it might take a couple of days.

intrige

Post by intrige » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:18 am

I really really liked your little fan-fiction. It was sweet, allthough I wanted to see more of Eli's "evil" side. But you showed some of it, which was nice. You seem to have a theroy on how Håkan came about, allthough nice, mey I suggest reading the book? I am sure you are aware of it. And lastly, that bloody kiss was nice, I have written such kisses many times myself. Back in the day. Hope you write more, I can't wait to read it.
And please do tell me more about this book you're writing? :)

Welcome to the forum! A breath of fresh air is always welcome! Or as I like to say, new blood :twisted:
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:23 am

Marri Lightning wrote:Almost 100 views, whoo!!! :D

"Then We Are Together" soundtrack from the movie. This music is inaccurately titled, though; the music playing during the "Then We Are Together" scene is a tiny bit different, albeit same melody.

But this one, specifically, I thought I'd never find! It's the music that starts when Oskar finds the completed Rubik's Cube on the jungle gym in the morning, and continues as the day skips ahead to night when they meet up there again.

Man, that music is a huge part of the inspiration for parts of my book :) sorry to keep bringing that up, but I'm happy kuz I found this music :)
Yes Marri.The music is like the icing on the cake for me.Tranquil with a hint of "something's not quite right here".Loved your story.So nice to have you here.
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

JoBerg

Post by JoBerg » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:08 pm

ltroifanatic wrote:

Yes Marri.The music is like the icing on the cake for me.Tranquil with a hint of "something's not quite right here".Loved your story.So nice to have you here.
A beautiful addition to the film Marri well done!. Once I saw the film I just had to have the film score. Luckily I found the complete movie soundtrack on Amazon. I find the score utterly mesmerizing, dreamy and captures the whole atmosphere of the story.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:34 pm

The soundtrack is a huge part of why the film is so engaging. It goes a long way to integrating the various threads. I downloaded the soundtrack from Amazon and figured it would be great to listen to while I'm working at my computer, but it took two years before all I could do was either listen (and get choked up) or work -- not both.

My impression is that the music that plays when Oskar finds the Rubik's cube is "Oskar in Love."
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Marri Lightning

Post by Marri Lightning » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:55 am

Actually, yes I have already read the book. I've read it, seen both movies as well; I just wanted to "simplify" the whol deal with Hakan, and make him appear as more of a good guy like the man from the American remake instead of the pedophile from the story.
*S...W...E...E...T
D...R......*

Marri Lightning

Post by Marri Lightning » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:59 am

The music that plays during that Rubik's Cube scene is "Then We Are Together".

The music "Oskar In Love" plays during the scene where Eli climbs into Oskar's room and gets into his bed. The latter music is shorter but has more background detail; however, the first is longer with less background detail. I guess I like them equally. Even the music itself illustrated an entire scene of the book I wrote; the character, Atty, seems to appear out of nowhere as the sun is setting behind distant trees in the forest. This was inspired by how the movie switches from showing daytime around the apartment to suddenly showing Eli sitting on the jungle gym (and it's immediately nighttime) just seconds before Oskar runs up to join her and ask about the Rubik's Cube.

Jeez, explaining how this movie emotionally affected and inspired me is complicated :/ in the story, there's a note after the ending about all this stuff, crediting this movie LTROI for inspiring me and all the weird stuff that was jumbled up in my head from it XD maybe when the book gets released you guys can see it there. It's hard to really describe these feelings. I like how this movie does that though; makes me glad to have found this forum, because right here is a bunch of other people who feel and understand the same thing I do about it all.
*S...W...E...E...T
D...R......*

Marri Lightning

Post by Marri Lightning » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:03 am

Intrige:

"Kala Marise doesn't care much for life anymore. With her parents divorced, her sister living hours away and constant bullying at high school, the world looks hopeless.

Then Attison Cataline shyly walks in and changes everything. For once life doesn't hurt so much. But despite Atty's shy charm, there's no distraction from the monotonous routine and insufferable family crisis overshadowing Kala.

Until suddenly, things begin to turn around.

Kala wonders if meeting Atty was a blessing for her, but she notices Atty's withdrawn attitude and her weakness. Saying the wrong thing scares her and makes her shut down, and Kala realizes she's hiding something big, something she's been struggling with.

Now suddenly, Kala, who all her life has survived only for herself, finds herself fighting to help someone she barely knows open up about a secret heartbreaking past. She doesn't understand how much Atty knows, the things she's seen and done.

This mystery—and all the others surrounding Atty and her hidden life—will haunt Kala as she struggles desperately to save her newfound friend."

I can't say much more than this. I did before I got my story into publishing, before it felt so real, but now I don't want to give away any spoilers. There's a huge revelation near the end of the story that changes just about everything previous.
*S...W...E...E...T
D...R......*

Return to “Fan Fiction”