Dreams Made Flesh (Part 1 & 2)

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
JoBerg

Dreams Made Flesh (Part 1 & 2)

Post by JoBerg » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:22 pm

Hi all,

Here is the first two parts of my fan-fic contribution to JAL's LTROIN universe. Hope you enjoy :D

http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... h-part-one

http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... h-part-two

ltroifanatic

Re: Dreams Made Flesh (Part 1 & 2)

Post by ltroifanatic » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:30 am

Great stuff Joberg.Can't wait till the next instalement.Enjoying it immensely. :)
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

JoBerg

Post by JoBerg » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:28 am

ltroifanatic wrote:Great stuff Joberg.Can't wait till the next instalement.Enjoying it immensely. :)
Thanks for the positive feedback ltroifanatic it's really appreciated and I'm glad you like it :D

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:19 am

Joberg, having read both parts a second time, I must say that this story has me panting for more. Once started, I can't put it down until I read to the end.

Truly, this is something entirely new on the LTROI landscape. :)
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

JoBerg

Post by JoBerg » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:03 pm

dongregg wrote:Joberg, having read both parts a second time, I must say that this story has me panting for more. Once started, I can't put it down until I read to the end.

Truly, this is something entirely new on the LTROI landscape. :)
Thank you dongregg for the really kind feedback. It certainly motivates me to continue writing. I'm thrilled you like the story so far and there is quite a few instalments to follow :D

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:20 am

You have going an ingenious combination of two old themes 'A stranger comes to town' and 'Going on a journey'. First there is the arrival, unexpectedly into his life of 'Anna'. This is the first theme. Then he packs and makes the unexpected discovery that he is leaving his familiar life and ways behind. Thus the second theme. And so well mixed together!

Then there is also the aspect of a quest. Anna is in search of, well, you know who - and she apparently severely wants to get going.

Yet there is the entire mystery for both your protagonist and for us in learning what Karin and Anna have as their story and their plans. You must keep writing. Tack!

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:27 pm

Yes Joberg.Thank you.It really is a refreshing new take on the story.Please continue.
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

JoBerg

Post by JoBerg » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:18 pm

gkmoberg1 wrote:You have going an ingenious combination of two old themes 'A stranger comes to town' and 'Going on a journey'. First there is the arrival, unexpectedly into his life of 'Anna'. This is the first theme. Then he packs and makes the unexpected discovery that he is leaving his familiar life and ways behind. Thus the second theme. And so well mixed together!

Then there is also the aspect of a quest. Anna is in search of, well, you know who - and she apparently severely wants to get going.

Yet there is the entire mystery for both your protagonist and for us in learning what Karin and Anna have as their story and their plans. You must keep writing. Tack!
tack så mycket gkmoberg. There are several themes at work which I hope will cumulate (hopefully) to a beautiful ending. I'm glad you picked up on these :).
This ending is some time off yet and I am currently writing the next instalment. Thank you again for the really nice feedback and I have every intension of keeping writing ;)

JoBerg

Post by JoBerg » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:20 pm

ltroifanatic wrote:Yes Joberg.Thank you.It really is a refreshing new take on the story.Please continue.
Thank you ltroifanatic and thank you for reading! The story will continue :)

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:00 am

I have read this again. There is a deep sense of being out-of-place.

Consider
- Our protagonist is out of place, first by being a guest at Karin's place and then also, and surprisingly, second by finding a distance between himself and his own home during his brief return visit.
- Anna is out of place for two reasons - first her being at Karin's place and thus also being a visitor, and then second because her goal is Oskar and to not be at Karin's.
- Even Karin is out of place. And for yet two more reasons. First, she is without Stefan. And second, this is odd, but the unsettling element of the two adults discussing Karin's own mortality and how life -Anna's really- will continue. So even though Karin is present, we find them considering is that her presence is transitory.

Okay, you can say I'm reading too much into this. However the net effect is that at the end of Part Two, the three characters are each out of place from their lives. This couples well with the dual uncertainties the story provides in just the curiosity in wondering how Anna came to be as she is, plus the unresolved and entwined story lines of what has become of Oskar, why Anna and Karin had to leave Barcelona, and perhaps a there's yet a level of detail regarding Stefan's final days.

Before, I was struck with the stranger-comes-to-town plus going-on-a-journey themes. This evening I am struck with how everyone herein is found to be out of place and that the only things that feel to be solid and for certain are the two story layout of Karin's cabin and the tempting waft of bacon and kaffe coming from the kitchen.

please, more!

Return to “Fan Fiction”