Set Me as a Seal Part 6

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
JoBerg

Re: Set Me as a Seal Part 6

Post by JoBerg » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:29 pm

I've been reading this story with great interest and enjoyment. don it's clear that you write with a lot of love and passion for the characters and the continuation of the LTROI universe and I really do hope that you continue this saga of yours. Well done :D

dongregg

Re: Set Me as a Seal Part 6

Post by dongregg » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:31 pm

Ditto for your marvelous tale, which presents us with new concepts and possibilities for the post-LTROI/LTODD universe. While Set Me as a Seal upon Your Heart does have some new ideas, I try to take a middle-of-the-road approach by keeping to the sweet core of the story. A few readers will find fault. My Mr. Ávila is more compassionate and about 20 years younger than in the book, where he is presented as having flown fighters "in the war." And I let Eli present as a girl, even though, when the story requires it, I show her as an emasculated boy. Oh well. My story started out with no help from the novel, although I now freely take ideas from it.

But your story is much more a breath of fresh air -- and it has us all on the edge of our seats waiting for more revelations. :)

Oh, and part 7 of Set Me is close to being submitted. All of the vignettes are written, but "Family Meeting" is still a very rough draft. Part 7 will show up in Fan Fiction in a couple of weeks, I'd say.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Return to “Fan Fiction”