Disruption

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
Drakeule

Re: Disruption

Post by Drakeule » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:02 am

Sry for using so much of the book. I rather not, but if you don't know this story it would make no sence. Little late for a spoiler warning, but it's been 13 years, read the damn book...umm lol...

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:07 pm

Drakeule wrote:Sry for using so much of the book. I rather not, but if you don't know this story it would make no sence. Little late for a spoiler warning, but it's been 13 years, read the damn book...umm lol...
Okay, I'll read it. I have some unfinished business in Malmö, but after that I'll read it. Yep. For sure. I'll go ahead and order it soon so I won't be able to back out.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:17 pm

dongregg wrote:
Drakeule wrote:Sry for using so much of the book. I rather not, but if you don't know this story it would make no sence. Little late for a spoiler warning, but it's been 13 years, read the damn book...umm lol...
Okay, I'll read it. I have some unfinished business in Malmö, but after that I'll read it. Yep. For sure. I'll go ahead and order it soon so I won't be able to back out.
You will not regret it. I promise. ;)
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:55 pm

I know you're right, PeteMork. But I also won't regret immersing myself for 3 years in the film and in Swedish. I'm 10 days away from my third anniversary. From March until July, I was a one-person fan club, making everyone watch it, talking about it a lot. Then I found this wonderful site, and everything changed. :wub:
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Drakeule

Post by Drakeule » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:46 pm

It's good you want to read LTROI, dongregg. Do it, you'll love it. But what I was referring to was Handling The Undead. That's why I had it covered. I just let out, or am letting out, a major part of the plot. So from now on, it's read at your own risk.

Drakeule

Post by Drakeule » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:13 am

Correction. It's only been in english for 6 years. My bad.

Drakeule

Post by Drakeule » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:12 am

Flora explained to them the version she saw when Death would be near. How she saw herself as that version. Oskar said: “No, I saw Eli down there, just before the flames.” Eli said: “No, it was Him. But what did he want with the undead?” “Guys,” Flora interrupted, “that’s what I’m trying to tell you: Death looks different to us all. It takes whatever form you think of as Death. My grandmother showed me an image of what she saw earlier today. She is very religious, believes this is the Resurrection. The Virgin Mary appeared to her and told her that they need to come to her. She’s been running herself ragged trying to convince people to turn to God.” “What do you mean “showed” you?”
Asked Eli. “It’s them!” Flora exclaimed. “When you are around the dead you can hear each others thoughts!” “I thought you could already do that.” Said Oskar. “No. Not like that. I can feel what someone is thinking, their emotions, but I can’t read minds. Here, listen.” Can you hear me? Flora thought. They both nodded.
“Ok, you try.” “I did.” Said Eli.
“I didn’t hear anything. What about you, Oskar?”
“I did too.”
“Hmm... Maybe its because you’re dead.” Almost simultaneously, they replied: “We aren't dead.” With almost a hint of hurt in their eyes.
“I’m sorry, I just assumed being vampires and all that you were... sort of... dead.”
“That’s not how it works.” Said Eli.
At that point Flora heard what she thought was a small scream coming from the mass of burnt bodies. She ran over to them and kneeled next to them. Oskar and Eli followed and stood behind her. They watched in wonder as small, white caterpillars seemed to bore though a few of the charred bodies. As they watched, the small creatures wiggled around as if in pain, turned pink then start to swell as they became red. A slight scream could be heard just as they were about to burst, and then, gone. Flora could feel that wherever they went to was a dark, empty place. “What were those? And why did they only come out of a few? Asked Oskar. “Because She saved them.” Replied Flora. “Death came and saved them just before they were destroyed. These were too scared to go.” “Go where?” Asked Eli. “Wherever we go when we die.” Answered Flora. Then it struck her. “That’s it! That’s what my Nana saw!” “What is it?”Asked Eli. “Death was trying to tell her that they need to come to her. Not the living but the dead! I have to call her.”
Flora pulled out her cell phone and dialed her grandmother. She told her all about what she saw, and her grandmother told her that she was on her way. She walked back to the two of them and said: “I can’t believe neither of you can feel this. I would think, and I’m only guessing here, that you would be more... susceptible to this sort of thing. “What read minds?” Eli asked. “Well, yeah. For one thing.”
“We sort of have our own thing when it comes to that.”
“Oh really, like what?”
“Why don’t you show her Eli?” Oskar asks with a sheepish grin.
“You’d like to see that, wouldn’t you you little perv?”
Eli looks at Flora and shrugged. He starts to reach for Flora. Flora took a step back with her hands raised. “Wait. What’s going on here?” But Eli is quick and catches Flora by the back of her red, scraggly hair and their lips lock. Oskar tries to express his protest, but it’s too late. Flora’s mind goes into a tunnel. Images flash threw her head: a young boy with his mother, a castle, a feast, a wigged man with a pair of dice. “I’m scared momma!” He picks me. Fear, pain. I break free. “Where’s my family?” The hunger. The screaming faces, too many to remember. So many disgusting people. Helping me for sick things. Loneliness, frustration, no hope. A boy. He’s my friend. His name is Oskar. Hope, a chance to live again. No. A reason to live again. Anger, “Get off of him!” A train ride. We mix blood. Together forever. Eli breaks the kiss. Flora starts to fall to her knees but Eli supports her. Flora starts to come back through the tunnel. Though unseeing eyes, Flora asks:”What was that?” “My life.” Said Eli. “Who are you?” Eli smiles. “I’m Eli, and that’s one of my gifts. I see your gift too, and it’s to help these poor creatures." Flora looks at Eli and nods. “I was only kidding.” Said Oskar, red in the face. “Careful what you wish for.” Eli replied with a smile. Flora, getting her balance back, stands up on her own. “I think I... I think I know what I have to do.” “Then go” says Eli, nodding reassuringly. Flora nods, and runs back into the Heath, into one of the buildings. “Should we help her?” Asks Oskar. “No.” Says Eli. “There is nothing we can do. This is her fight.”

The end

Drakeule

Post by Drakeule » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:47 pm

Yeah, didn't mean to cut the story off. I just felt that I was taking too much as it was. Those of you who have read Handling The Undead know what happens next, but if you have LTODD, then what I wrote is enough to catch you up on Final Processing. If you care to read more about Flora. Hope you somewhat liked it.

Return to “Fan Fiction”