Set Me as a Seal Part 5

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
dongregg

Set Me as a Seal Part 5

Post by dongregg » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:42 am

Discussion area for Set Me as a Seal upon Your Heart Part 5

The whole troupe sees that Ingrid has her hooks into Oskar, and Oskar is beyond smitten. At every chance, they find ways to sit apart from the others, whispering, laughing—delighting in each other's company.

http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... art-part-5
Last edited by dongregg on Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:09 pm, edited 8 times in total.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

PeteMork

Re: Set Me as a Seal Part 5

Post by PeteMork » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:45 pm

I particularly like this little exchange.
“Oh yes, Moth and…what fairy are you?”

“Peaseblossom,” Eli answers.

“I wonder John didn’t let you play Mustardseed. I mean, you’re so tiny!”

Eli’s expression doesn’t change. More important, her eyes do not change and her stomach does not rumble, although her fingertips tingle – a reminder to Eli that she has claws, too – as she thinks of what she would like to do to Ingrid.
Ingid doesn't realize -- yet -- how lucky she is. ;)
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:14 pm

Thanks, Pete. Still relatively inexperienced at relationships, Eli and Oskar are challenged by flirty 14-year-old Ingrid to deal with jealously and infatuation.

Another member helpfully pointed out that one can't infer the reason for Rakel's obsession with harming other vampires from the one encounter in JAL's novel. True. The story "Kristina," which I recommend as one of the best crafted fan fictions on WTI, takes the encounter in the novel and imagines it to play out dramatically in a Malmö of more than a hundred years before part 5 takes place. With only a name change from Kristina to Rakel, the encounter in part 5 takes Kristina/Rakel even farther afield from the novel when she and Eli meet again.

That said, it will be worth any forum member's time to read "Kristina," and it will supply the missing motivation for why Kristina/Rakel is obsessed with young vampires and wants to kill them.

Oh, the member who wrote "Kristina"? One of our most accomplished authors, GK, of course.
Last edited by dongregg on Sun May 15, 2016 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:56 am

A character emerges from the background in part 5. Flirty Ingrid's flirty young aunt, Sassa, finds shy Constantin Grigor and his formal manners to be irresistible. Hapless Professor Grigor doesn't know what hit him. :o
Last edited by dongregg on Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:21 am

The story ends with part 5 and the cast party after the final performance of the play. At the end of part 5 are the words "End of Book 1." I have four vignettes done for Book 2, but there is such a shift in tone (more of the adults, more mature scenes and dialogue) that I'm having to get used to it before I can dream anymore of the story. BTW -- "mature" doesn't mean there are naughty bits. There aren't any naughty bits. What you can look for in Book 2 is Eli having to get over leaving Sweden (separation anxiety). Plus it feels dangerous to her to leave the country that she knows how to survive in. But she's all better by the time they get to Paris. Book 2 will mostly be set in Barcelona. What I've dreamed so far is pretty exciting.
:wub:

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:56 pm

Okay, now seven completed vignettes for Part 6 (which begins Book 2). At least 5 more to go before the family gets to open Christmas presents and I get to submit Part 6 to be moderated.

I'm pretty sure that Part 7* will get the little family to Paris by April 1984.

"Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it's been." (Truckin', The Grateful Dead)

* Actually, I'm not that sure now. More likely, they'll get to Paris in Part 9. Part 6 is ready to be moderated well short of Christmas. In fact, it ends before their first shopping trip.

Return to “Fan Fiction”