metoo wrote:Racquetball? What's that?
The Swedish Racquetball Federation (founded 1980) was active during the time of our story and is still active (see below). That there was a court in Kista doesn't mean it was the only court. (Lack of evidence is not evidence of lack.) It's a wonderful game, very fast (like the kids). I recommend that every reader of this tale find a court and watch it played. Or Google the dates of a tournament site in Europe, which I did:
The following will come up. (Then click on the News tab. Europe is jumpin'.)
Currently the following tournaments are part of the European Racquetball Tour:
01. Hamburg Open (GERMANY) September
02. Dutch Open (NETHERLANDS) October
03. Belgian Open (BELGIUM) November
04. Catalonia Open (Catalonia/SPAIN) December
05. French Open (FRANCE) January
06. Turkey Open (TURKEY) February
07. Castelbar Open (IRELAND) March
08. Italian Open (ITALY) March
09. German Open (GERMANY) April
10. Irish Open (IRELAND) May
It is expected that a tournament in England as well as Sweden
may be added to the tour in the coming months or year(s).There are more tournaments held, especially in Ireland and Germany.
As for a shot that achieves a significant fraction of Mach 1, the fastest serve measured on radar was 191 mph. Add vampire strength and do the math. Eli's shot to Mr. Smart Mouth Oskar's chest would have gotten his attention.
Since parts 3 and 4 (and part 5, coming soon) all take place in Malmö, I'm still looking for confirmation about what I got right.