Favorite let the right one in Fanfiction

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
Drakeule

Re: Favorite let the right one in Fanfiction

Post by Drakeule » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:32 pm

Yeah, I unstated too. It's just too bad; it's the cutest scene of all.

Cthulhuthanos

Post by Cthulhuthanos » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:56 pm

Someone in a comment said something about how Eli let Oskar do that to her. I haven't reached this point in the book yet, but given the context of the movie alone, I agree that it was a scene that was very interesting. From my perspective, Eli allows Oskar to hold her down because she feels that if she was to fight back, she would lose what she had with Oskar. After Oskar slaps her, she feels let down that this is what he would do knowing the truth, almost as if her expectations for what she thought were going to happen came into being. After this, Oskar hugs her and tries to apologize. Thinking it a mistake that he hit Eli, tries to make her laugh to show he didn't truly mean it. The rest of the scene plays out beautifully. It's almost like an abuse victim finally letting her walls down, ready to trust the person she's opened up to, only for her to be abused again. That's how it felt at least. Speaking of abuse, how many fan fiction stories include the Lord who turned Eli into a vampire in them? I've read A Contemplative Life's Story, I'd be interested in reading others.

intrige

Post by intrige » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:29 am

Not many. Not centered around it at least, often it is mentioned here and there from a memory of the past. But not much more than that from what I can remember. AND I HAVE READ IT ALL.
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:26 pm

Cthulhuthanos wrote:Someone in a comment said something about how Eli let Oskar do that to her. I haven't reached this point in the book yet, but given the context of the movie alone, I agree that it was a scene that was very interesting. From my perspective, Eli allows Oskar to hold her down because she feels that if she was to fight back, she would lose what she had with Oskar. After Oskar slaps her, she feels let down that this is what he would do knowing the truth, almost as if her expectations for what she thought were going to happen came into being. After this, Oskar hugs her and tries to apologize. Thinking it a mistake that he hit Eli, tries to make her laugh to show he didn't truly mean it. The rest of the scene plays out beautifully. It's almost like an abuse victim finally letting her walls down, ready to trust the person she's opened up to, only for her to be abused again. That's how it felt at least. Speaking of abuse, how many fan fiction stories include the Lord who turned Eli into a vampire in them? I've read A Contemplative Life's Story, I'd be interested in reading others.
My short story, The Death of Elias, is the tale of Eli's turning and ultimate escape from the Lord. You can find it here:
http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... eath-elias

Also, my series (Coming in from the Cold, The Dawson Family, and The Eli Chronicles) has many flashbacks which include the Lord, but the one that comes to mind is a flashback by his son, which appears in Chapter 18 of The Dawson Family. You can find it here.
http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... pet-master
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Cthulhuthanos

Post by Cthulhuthanos » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:06 pm

Awesome, thanks! :D

intrige

Post by intrige » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:28 am

I might have read it all, but I don't remember them all!! :D
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:55 pm

intrige wrote:I might have read it all, but I don't remember them all!! :D
Me neither! ;)
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Cthulhuthanos

Post by Cthulhuthanos » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:52 pm

Petemork, I shall read them in full when I have the time. Needless to say, I'm happy you have taken the topic.

Cthulhuthanos

Post by Cthulhuthanos » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:23 am

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever written a more humorous fan fiction?

Cthulhuthanos

Post by Cthulhuthanos » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:44 am

Just finished your short story Petemork, it was really good. I like the idea of the burning bit and Eli slowly discovering how he has to survive. Metoo gave me an excellent idea for a story. I very much like his idea that the lord had Eli as sort of a pet. He taught him things, fed him, etc. Eli keeping his mouth in line and looking 'pretty' being the only things that keep him alive. I can imagine The Lord forcing Eli into mass orgy type situations and forcing him to do very......terrible things. He would then pamper Eli into a female and make him act accordingly. It would be interesting if Eli, being the clever son of a gun that he is, actually ended up killing the lord. I was thinking that when he was supposed to sleep, he would actually set up a trap so that the Lord's coffin and or place of sleeping would open during the day and be exposed to sunlight. After the lord dies and they found out that it was a trap that someone set up, the go looking for the culprit. Eli eventually gets away. With the lord dead, the castle is stormed and people take what they desire. The castle lays abandoned and Eli uses it as a place to hid during the day while he hunts at night. He would do this for a long time until he would come across a woman who was infected who tell him that she manages to get by via 'sleeping' with various nobodies. Her proposal that Eli refuses is that they create a sex traffic ring in order to get food. Eli learns that he/she can force very sick people (like the Lord) into doing the terrible act of killing for her. Just a cool idea I thought would be interesting to turn into a fan fiction. I was actually thinking of drawing a picture of the lord and Eli together, but that'll have to wait.

Return to “Fan Fiction”