The Rage Left Behind

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
Mishrashade48

Re: The Rage Left Behind

Post by Mishrashade48 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:42 am

EEA wrote:Is a pretty creepy story, waiting for the next part patiently. :)

Yes, yes, I know, it's being worked on right now. I'm having to add more to the second chapter because it was originally too short. Fear plays a big part in my story and I have to make sure it's illustrated correctly. I appreciate your patience and hopefully I will not disappoint.
All of life's journeys come with meetings, partings, and reunions.

SpartanAltego

Post by SpartanAltego » Wed May 16, 2018 3:29 am

References in a different thread led me to this one-hit wonder, which I appreciate doubly so for being based on the film narrative yet containing a bit of the grim mood of the novel. In a way, Oskar's nightmare is akin to the doubtful look of Owen's face in the LMI rendition - and perhaps that's a little more appropriate. Even our dearest loved ones don't necessarily look all that appealing when covered in gore and viscera. I appreciate, too, Oskar's self-doubt being voiced through the avatar of a bandage faced boy. Many times I feel as though Oskar's flaws, insecurities, and all that comes with them are overlooked in post-Blackeberg fiction. Presumably romance cures all, in those narratives, not that there's anything wrong for wishing this duo the best after such a moving experience.

Color me intrigued. Perhaps the embers of your creativity just need a bit of gasoline feedback. Fortunately I came prepared with a can. 8-)
"The dark is patient, and it always wins. But its weakness lies in its strength: a single candle is enough to hold it at bay. Love is more than a candle. Love can ignite the stars." - Matthew Stover

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Wed May 16, 2018 5:52 am

Yes.Get that gas ready,I've got the matches.And the flames they grew higher and it burned,burned,burned.I wanna see how it ends. :think:
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

Mishrashade48

Post by Mishrashade48 » Fri May 18, 2018 4:04 pm

ltroifanatic wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 5:52 am
Yes.Get that gas ready,I've got the matches.And the flames they grew higher and it burned,burned,burned.I wanna see how it ends. :think:
SpartanAltego wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 3:29 am
References in a different thread led me to this one-hit wonder, which I appreciate doubly so for being based on the film narrative yet containing a bit of the grim mood of the novel. In a way, Oskar's nightmare is akin to the doubtful look of Owen's face in the LMI rendition - and perhaps that's a little more appropriate. Even our dearest loved ones don't necessarily look all that appealing when covered in gore and viscera. I appreciate, too, Oskar's self-doubt being voiced through the avatar of a bandage faced boy. Many times I feel as though Oskar's flaws, insecurities, and all that comes with them are overlooked in post-Blackeberg fiction. Presumably romance cures all, in those narratives, not that there's anything wrong for wishing this duo the best after such a moving experience.

Color me intrigued. Perhaps the embers of your creativity just need a bit of gasoline feedback. Fortunately I came prepared with a can. 8-)

The bandaged body lifts that can, pouring the gasoline around the base of the jungle gym.

His mouth curls into a fanged smile, black blood oozing from his gums.

"I take such delight in seeing what others say regarding who or what I am."

Dropping the can, and letting more liquid leak out onto the snow, he scrambles back to the top of the metal structure, letting out a happy whistle.

"I am judgment that has been set upon them, I am a consequence of their bond, and I am the RAGE LEFT BEHIND. But, will any of that matter in the end?"

Reaching up with a bruised and ashen colored thumb to his head, he runs it along his closed off brow before smirking.

"Those twerps will either collapse into nothing or persevere and push forward in their time of reckoning. All you can do is watch and hope for the best. But I will tell you one little thing that you might find intriguing."

The boy's voice drops down to a cruel whisper.

"We're going to need a lot more gasoline for what's to come"

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sat May 19, 2018 1:13 am

You're on roll! Well written and chilling. :wub:
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Sat May 19, 2018 2:31 am

Now you're cooking with gas.( :lol: boom tish)
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Thu May 24, 2018 3:19 pm

Good thing it's a metal jungle gym. Not work out so well for him if it was wood :?

:D

Mishrashade48

Post by Mishrashade48 » Fri May 25, 2018 9:10 pm

dongregg wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 1:13 am
You're on roll! Well written and chilling. :wub:
It's coming and going in spurts, but at least something is igniting.

ltroifanatic wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 2:31 am
Now you're cooking with gas.( :lol: boom tish)
Ohhhhhh you :lol:

gkmoberg1 wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 3:19 pm
Good thing it's a metal jungle gym. Not work out so well for him if it was wood :?

:D

Yeah, the story would stop before it even really started. Thanks GK, I'll definitely make sure to remind to him not set fire to any wooden structures before he climbs on top of them. ;)

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Wed May 30, 2018 4:53 am

Aaaand,...here we go again! Another wild ride. (I hope).
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Return to “Fan Fiction”