The Rage Left Behind

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
gkmoberg1

Re: The Rage Left Behind

Post by gkmoberg1 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:32 am

I feel that the bandage boy is Oskar's wounded subconscious deciding to terrorize Oskar and shock him towards coming to grips with what he's doing with Eli. It's living in the wounds Oskar received from all the bullying and using them against him. :twisted:

Mishrashade48

Post by Mishrashade48 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:55 am

gkmoberg1 wrote:I feel that the bandage boy is Oskar's wounded subconscious deciding to terrorize Oskar and shock him towards coming to grips with what he's doing with Eli. It's living in the wounds Oskar received from all the bullying and using them against him. :twisted:
Wow, that's...quite beautiful GK. You sound a lot like my muse.
All of life's journeys come with meetings, partings, and reunions.

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:18 am

I am afraid that if Oskar follows Eli into a life of being such a perpetual 12 yr old that he will for a long while be his own worst enemy. Eli has long ago learned to fit in the shoes he wears. But Oskar is a boy from a different age. He has had a 20th century formal education, up through the 6th grade, and been raised to morals that may take a long time to shed. For Oskar, the physical changes he undergoes will for a lont time outrun his ability to cope. Who knows what demons he might have to face his way through; it is hard to be your own worst enemy!

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:22 am

Mishrashade48 wrote:You sound a lot like my muse.
Your muse sings aloud to the car radio when not yelling at the other drivers? :P

Mishrashade48

Post by Mishrashade48 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:48 am

gkmoberg1 wrote:
Mishrashade48 wrote:You sound a lot like my muse.
Your muse sings aloud to the car radio when not yelling at the other drivers? :P
Yes, everyday. I thought that was normal. ;)

Mishrashade48

Post by Mishrashade48 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:38 am

gkmoberg1 wrote:I am afraid that if Oskar follows Eli into a life of being such a perpetual 12 yr old that he will for a long while be his own worst enemy. Eli has long ago learned to fit in the shoes he wears. But Oskar is a boy from a different age. He has had a 20th century formal education, up through the 6th grade, and been raised to morals that may take a long time to shed. For Oskar, the physical changes he undergoes will for a lont time outrun his ability to cope. Who knows what demons he might have to face his way through; it is hard to be your own worst enemy!
Where are you getting this from? It's amazing. It's impossible that my first chapter sparked this up in you.

metoo

Post by metoo » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:25 am

gkmoberg1 wrote:I am afraid that if Oskar follows Eli into a life of being such a perpetual 12 yr old that he will for a long while be his own worst enemy. Eli has long ago learned to fit in the shoes he wears. But Oskar is a boy from a different age. He has had a 20th century formal education, up through the 6th grade, and been raised to morals that may take a long time to shed. For Oskar, the physical changes he undergoes will for a lont time outrun his ability to cope. Who knows what demons he might have to face his way through; it is hard to be your own worst enemy!
Mishrashade48 wrote:Where are you getting this from? It's amazing. It's impossible that my first chapter sparked this up in you.
I have had similar thoughts a long time. In my case they are based on the novel, where Oskar is described as being very empathic. Even though he fantasizes about being a cruel mass murderer, when it comes to reality he finds it difficult to hurt people. There are two occasions that shows this. The first one is when he (unintentionally) knocks Jonny unconscious. The second one is when he backs out from the Eli's bathroom, whispering "I'm sorry" to Lacke, having virtually caused his death. I find it plausible that Oskar would retain this personality trait even as infected. Plausibly the infection would suppress his compassion during feeding, but it will return afterwards. And there will be many afterwards. Many.
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:26 pm

Mishrashade48 wrote:
Where are you getting this from? It's amazing. It's impossible that my first chapter sparked this up in you.
Well, yes and no. No because, like metoo, I've had these thoughts for a long time. This comes from my own considerations plus having read so many fanfics here that delve into such terrority. (ex: sauvin's Oskar at 40, etc.). Yes because it sparked the accummulaton of such material which is stacked here like firewood throughout my infected brain.

cmfireflies

Post by cmfireflies » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:03 am

I am afraid that if Oskar follows Eli into a life of being such a perpetual 12 yr old that he will for a long while be his own worst enemy. Eli has long ago learned to fit in the shoes he wears. But Oskar is a boy from a different age. He has had a 20th century formal education, up through the 6th grade, and been raised to morals that may take a long time to shed. For Oskar, the physical changes he undergoes will for a lont time outrun his ability to cope. Who knows what demons he might have to face his way through; it is hard to be your own worst enemy!
well, at least Oskar will have Eli to guide him through it. It'll be fine :)
"When is a monster not a monster? Oh, when you love it."

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:30 am

cmfireflies wrote:
well, at least Oskar will have Eli to guide him through it. It'll be fine :)
"Han älskar mig eftersom jag älskar honom." found scratched on a large rock near the Karlstad railroad station. Author unknown, but we have a good guess.

Return to “Fan Fiction”