The Rage Left Behind

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
Mishrashade48

The Rage Left Behind

Post by Mishrashade48 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:52 am

First chapter link: http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... hapter-1-1

Alright, here's the beginning of my first fan fiction. This is going to be more of a sequel to the film, and a dark one at that. I know this chapter is pretty short, but comments are always appreciated. I hope you all enjoy the tone setting first chapter of my story.

I know this is premature, but a huge thank you to PeteMork for helping me edit this and providing great input. Don't worry Pete, the second chapter is being written right now. Also, I have to thank Dongregg and Mikallein for all the motivation they've supplied me with. I appreciate you both and Pete for letting me use you guys as guinea pigs for interactions with a certain character.
Last edited by Mishrashade48 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
All of life's journeys come with meetings, partings, and reunions.

EEA

Re: The Rage Left Behind

Post by EEA » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:02 am

A pretty dark beginning. :twisted:
I am interested in knowing more about the boy with the bandages and if he will appear only in Oskar's dream or will he also visit Eli.

Looking forward to chapter two.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:38 am

OMG. I imagined as I was reading that Eli's face in the dream was really what she looked like after killing the bullies at the pool.

And the description of the boy's bandaged face is truly the stuff of nightmares.

Even though I had a sneak preview, along with PeteMork and Mikallein, it's still a kick in the gut to read it here. An extraordinary bit of writing. First class horror!
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Mishrashade48

Post by Mishrashade48 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:54 am

dongregg wrote:OMG. I imagined as I was reading that Eli's face in the dream was really what she looked like after killing the bullies at the pool.

And the description of the boy's bandaged face is truly the stuff of nightmares.

Even though I had a sneak preview, along with PeteMork and Mikallein, it's still a kick in the gut to read it here. An extraordinary bit of writing. First class horror!

That's what I thought Eli looked like during the massacre, a creature just wearing Eli's skin. Well, maybe not that extreme, but close.

Everything about the bandaged boy is supposed to make you feel uneasy. Him just being on that jungle is gym is disgusting isn't it? Like he's a blight on the memory of it.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:10 am

Mishrashade48 wrote:That's what I thought Eli looked like during the massacre, a creature just wearing Eli's skin. Well, maybe not that extreme, but close.

Everything about the bandaged boy is supposed to make you feel uneasy. Him just being on that jungle is gym is disgusting isn't it? Like he's a blight on the memory of it.
Yeah, how Eli might have looked in her killing rage is new to me. You know, the smile wipes out all thoughts of that, but she must have looked at least something like your description while she tore off heads and arms. At least the razor sharp teeth and claws. Plus her eyes would be different.

But I'm going with the dream face all the way -- eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Mishrashade48

Post by Mishrashade48 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:23 am

dongregg wrote: Yeah, how Eli might have looked in her killing rage is new to me. You know, the smile wipes out all thoughts of that, but she must have looked at least something like your description while she tore off heads and arms. At least the razor sharp teeth and claws. Plus her eyes would be different.

But I'm going with the dream face all the way -- eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
The smile does wipe all those thoughts out. That's why, while writing this I paused that moment in the movie before Oskar is pulled up. I thought about how cruel can Eli look while mutilating these bullies before all the cruelness fades away when Oskar is brought up to the surface. Well, that's at least how I saw it in my crazy mind. :lol:

Mishrashade48

Post by Mishrashade48 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:37 am

EEA wrote:A pretty dark beginning. :twisted:
I am interested in knowing more about the boy with the bandages and if he will appear only in Oskar's dream or will he also visit Eli.

Looking forward to chapter two.
Don't worry EEA, more will be revealed about him later. He's always lurking around...somewhere.

Mikallein

Post by Mikallein » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:40 am

And so it begins. :twisted:

I have a sneaking suspension that it was not just a dream. :P

Mishrashade48

Post by Mishrashade48 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:58 am

Mikallein wrote:
I have a sneaking suspension that it was not just a dream. :P
Maybe...maybe not

The bandaged boy gives a slight wave from the jungle gym.

EEA

Post by EEA » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:00 am

That bandage kid must be really scary. :twisted:

Return to “Fan Fiction”