Where Ya Headed?

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
epicfan84

Re: Where Ya Headed?

Post by epicfan84 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:27 am

Mishrashade48 wrote:
epicfan84 wrote:
Mishrashade48 wrote:I really like that moment where he wonders if he has to ask someone if he can come in. For a second I got nervous too. Also the scene with the taxi driver almost shocked me. I had forgotten he could serve another purpose to Eli because I was so focused on her internal conflict. That purpose was food of course, but for some reason that didn't come to mind immediately until they stopped and no one was around. Hopefully I can write something as good as the stories I've seen here, but that will only happen when I get the nerve to actually put it in print and not hold back. Wonderful Job and I hope to see more!!
Thanks! Welcome to the forum by the way!

I'd love to hear your stories! The community doesn't judge and loves to hear good stories!
Oh wonderful, now I feel obligated. No, I appreciate the welcome from you and dongregg, it's comforting. I actually just watched the movie for the first time last weekend. Out of impulse I then went and bought the book. Went through that and was wondering how did I ever miss this. I kept thinking that there has to be more out there and this is where I ended up. I read Reflections at Dawn and Redemption from Darkness by a_contemplative_life. Then there were the two from dongregg that keep smacking me in the face. Of course Letters by Wolfchild, okay, I'll stop there. I was going to pace myself, but then Where ya Headed? immediately grabs my attention and the ideas for a story just start flowing. So, thank you one and all.

Of course, helpful input is always appreciated if I find myself stuck or trailing too far away from the soul of the story.
That's exactly how I became infected! You'll love the book possibly even more than you loved the movie. Both the movie and book jumped right into my favorite for both versions of entertainment.

EDIT: You should also check out dongregg's "Set Me As a Seal Upon Your Heart". Was the first one that I read and I loved it. You may want to read the book and it's sequel first, however.
"Real love is to offer your life at the feet of another"

Mishrashade48

Post by Mishrashade48 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:49 am

Oh, don't worry, I did read dongregg's stories. I've been reading them both almost every night or so it seems. They are stories amongst a couple of others that put me at ease before I sleep, and now yours is part of that chain.
All of life's journeys come with meetings, partings, and reunions.

EEA

Post by EEA » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:23 pm

I also wander what Eli was doing before she came back to check on Oskar. I think this story shows a good possibility of what Eli was up to.

And welcome to the forum Mish. :)

epicfan84

Post by epicfan84 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:44 am

EEA wrote:I also wander what Eli was doing before she came back to check on Oskar. I think this story shows a good possibility of what Eli was up to.

And welcome to the forum Mish. :)
Thanks EEA! That's exactly what I was going for. Glad you enjoyed it!

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:01 am

I really enjoyed this. Nice connection between Eli's goodbye and Eli's timely return. I do feel a bit sorry for the poor cabdriver though. ;)

See if you can fill in a few more of the gaps. Please?
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Drakeule

Post by Drakeule » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:19 am

PeteMork wrote:I really enjoyed this. Nice connection between Eli's goodbye and Eli's timely return. I do feel a bit sorry for the poor cabdriver though. ;)

Feel sorry for the cab driver? Nomming is half the fun. :D

epicfan84

Post by epicfan84 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:13 am

PeteMork wrote:I really enjoyed this. Nice connection between Eli's goodbye and Eli's timely return. I do feel a bit sorry for the poor cabdriver though. ;)

Hey he was only in it for the money! He was about to kick out a little kid! :)

But I'll try! I've had many more ideas!

Mishrashade48

Post by Mishrashade48 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:09 pm

epicfan84 wrote:
Hey he was only in it for the money! He was about to kick out a little kid! :)

But I'll try! I've had many more ideas!

Great, keep those ideas coming, I'm very eager to see them. :)
All of life's journeys come with meetings, partings, and reunions.

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:23 am

I like how you have Eli using the phone and also being on the playground; these little things tie in with the novel, if I remember correctly.

Yes, poor cabdriver!

Terrific first story. Write more for us anytime you like :D

Return to “Fan Fiction”