Casting call! (The Hunters)

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
Drakeule

Re: Casting call! (The Hunters)

Post by Drakeule » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:17 pm

First time listening to that. I feel bad for asking, and no offense ok? Why did Oskar's mom sound like Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite? And no, I couldn't do it better.

Mikallein

Post by Mikallein » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:02 pm

Cool thanks for the link GK. Really awesome job with the sound effects. I'm sure the more of these we do the better at voice acting we will all become. :)

gkmoberg1 wrote: I think I was 'the Narrator' last time? Hopefully we can leave that out for this skit. I found that better as we worked out the edits that it was more pleasant to keep any narrative voiceover a minimum.

Around the time that portable Mp3 players became popular my dad got me one and would always load it up with old time radio shows. Abbot and Costello and the show The Great Gildersleeve were my two favorites. I considered them to be the greats and they were both fairly popular in their day.

One of the things they had in commen was a complete lack of a narrator. Just the voice actors alone were able to carry the story forward.

Granted the two examples I gave were both comedies and maybe the same format doesn't work for a horror / drama story. But I feel with the proper sound effects and voice acting it can be pulled of, and the lack of a narrator pulls the listener in more.

EEA

Post by EEA » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:54 pm

Here is the one that Clubmeister did. It was based on one of my fan fictions:

http://www.let-the-right-one-in.com/for ... =12&t=7047

:)

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:00 pm

Drakeule wrote:First time listening to that. I feel bad for asking, and no offense ok? Why did Oskar's mom sound like Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite? And no, I couldn't do it better.
What you are hearing is, I think, the best part of this. We are scattered all over the globe. Thus, you get to hear a little of each of us, each in our own voice as we are.

Drakeule

Post by Drakeule » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:19 pm

gkmoberg1 wrote:
Drakeule wrote:First time listening to that. I feel bad for asking, and no offense ok? Why did Oskar's mom sound like Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite? And no, I couldn't do it better.
What you are hearing is, I think, the best part of this. We are scattered all over the globe. Thus, you get to hear a little of each of us, each in our own voice as we are.
Yeah and i think that's cool. But i couldn't help but smile for that part. :lol:

Mikallein

Post by Mikallein » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:26 pm

EEA wrote:Here is the one that Clubmeister did. It was based on one of my fan fictions:

http://www.let-the-right-one-in.com/for ... =12&t=7047

:)

Wow EEA I really enjoyed this. :lol:

Thanks for the link :D

Return to “Fan Fiction”