Set Me as a Seal Part 1

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
dongregg

Re: Set Me as a Seal Part 1

Post by dongregg » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:38 am

The complete story! Go to Fan Fic Upload. On the right, select Recent Posts. All 10 parts are grouped together!

Same ripping good story, but it includes months of tweaking and rewriting to include the wonderful suggestions from so many of you.

There may be a Book 3 in 2019. I've go lots of notes and images of Barcelona. It could happen! :D
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

SpartanAltego

Post by SpartanAltego » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:35 am

dongregg wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:38 am
The complete story! Go to Fan Fic Upload. On the right, select Recent Posts. All 10 parts are grouped together!

Same ripping good story, but it includes months of tweaking and rewriting to include the wonderful suggestions from so many of you.

There may be a Book 3 in 2019. I've go lots of notes and images of Barcelona. It could happen! :D
Excellent! Congratulations on not one but two full complete tales. :)
"The dark is patient, and it always wins. But its weakness lies in its strength: a single candle is enough to hold it at bay. Love is more than a candle. Love can ignite the stars." - Matthew Stover

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:52 pm

Thanks Dante! And thanks for all of your suggestions. And I'm doubly thankful for "Let the Long Night End"!
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:00 am

Just in time for Christmas… :wub:

The complete story containing six months of tweaking and updating to include the wonderful suggestions from so many of you.

Go to Fan Fic Upload. On the right, select Recent Posts. All 10 parts are grouped together!

Or you can just go to part 1 from here:

http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... art-part-1

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:38 pm

Thanks Don! Got something new yet old to read over the holidays :) cheers!

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:01 pm

"I don’t know why I remember this but I recall this little bit about two children from my bus routes. They were sometimes on my bus, but there was never any regularity. Sometimes they would be there earlier in the evening, usually sitting about halfway back with their cameras about their necks and gear at their sides. They would be quiet. Getting off they’d be looking up at at the sky or at the buildings. And they always had their tripods with them. The ‘Limhamn shutterbugs’ was what some of my other riders called them. I suppose if you are going to take pictures at night you’d need a tripod to hold the camera. I don’t know very much about photography but suspect you’d have a longer, oh I need some fancy term to describe what I mean and I don’t have one. Let’s say shutter speed or film speed. These would need to be slow. Or some combination. But on the occasions when instead they happened onto my bus late in the evening they were noisier. Not so as to be a problem by any means, please understand. Simply, in comparison to the times I would see them earlier, they were more amiable and talkative. But only ever with each other. Our buses where almost never anywhere near crowded at night, certainly on the routes I drove through Limhamn, so the two camera children never ended up talking with anyone other than themselves. Yet they did get along very well with each other. Their late evening rides were busy with talk about f-stops and whether they got a lighting change right. Yet they were kids and most near all of their chatter was the merry, giddy talk children are able conduct and we lose the ability to do when we get older. I tried to relate this to the reporter who asked after them months later, maybe a year later. He listened to me for a while on this, but I do not think he really understood. Yet I could tell he was a legitimate reporter. He wasn’t like the first one who asked after them. That reporter was a woman who claimed she was from a local paper. That was back during the same months when the two were sometimes riding. Her vibe gave me nothing but a chill, like a January wind in June. I know a liar when I meet one. She was simply a dog on a trail and her only interest was in knowing where they got on and got off. She was rather much like the detective who came later on and asked much the same. He was a Stockholmer and I didn’t much care for the likes of his nose. Those kids never bothered anyone. I gave him a pile of nonsense on where I’d seen the camera children get on or off. But then, you know, after some months those two children were gone. That’s when the reporter, the one who I said was legitimate, came along. Gee, I haven’t thought about those two children for years. I wonder what became of them."

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:22 pm

One of those kids, the taller one, was a nollåtta, like the detective, but I could never pin down the dialect of the shorter one. Maybe a little of this and a little of that.

Return to “Fan Fiction”