When I am With You

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
gkmoberg1

Re: When I am With You

Post by gkmoberg1 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:24 pm

This interview says it all. Lina played a little girl vampire; it's what she was directed to do.

metoo

Post by metoo » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:55 pm

gkmoberg1 wrote:This interview says it all. Lina played a little girl vampire; it's what she was directed to do.
Yes, it was. They didn't tell her that Eli was actually a mutilated boy. I don't think it devaluates the film, including the androgyne motif and all its complications would have made the film loose its focus. For similar reasons Håkan's paedophilia was also excluded.

But both are central to the novel, and make the novel much richer and thought provoking than the film. I like the film for its beauty, but the novel is more interesting.
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

Mishrashade48

Post by Mishrashade48 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:36 am

Absolutely breathtaking and is now a permenant tab in the top left corner. When there is that goodbye kiss in the apartment I always have to look away for a moment and collect myself. I know what happens after, but the fact that it was genuine goodbye to someone so special to her, it hits me hard every time. I wanted her to say something like this in the movie, but seeing that she was thinking it makes it better to me. Fantastic work, sorry I was so late to the party
All of life's journeys come with meetings, partings, and reunions.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:19 am

Mishrashade48 wrote:Absolutely breathtaking and is now a permenant tab in the top left corner. When there is that goodbye kiss in the apartment I always have to look away for a moment and collect myself. I know what happens after, but the fact that it was genuine goodbye to someone so special to her, it hits me hard every time. I wanted her to say something like this in the movie, but seeing that she was thinking it makes it better to me. Fantastic work, sorry I was so late to the party
Mishrashade48, there's no such thing here as "late for the party." Why? In the short two years I've been here it all seems like a timeless experience. It's a place that seems to exist in a dimension where time is suspended.

I'm so glad you liked the story, especially the kiss. I reread the story for the same reason I read other fan fiction here. It's a way of hanging out with Oskar and Eli, seeing their faces and hearing their voices. :wub:

Welcome again to We the Infected!
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Mishrashade48

Post by Mishrashade48 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:35 am

dongregg wrote:
Mishrashade48 wrote:Absolutely breathtaking and is now a permenant tab in the top left corner. When there is that goodbye kiss in the apartment I always have to look away for a moment and collect myself. I know what happens after, but the fact that it was genuine goodbye to someone so special to her, it hits me hard every time. I wanted her to say something like this in the movie, but seeing that she was thinking it makes it better to me. Fantastic work, sorry I was so late to the party
Mishrashade48, there's no such thing here as "late for the party." Why? In the short two years I've been here it all seems like a timeless experience. It's a place that seems to exist in a dimension where time is suspended.

I'm so glad you liked the story, especially the kiss. I reread the story for the same reason I read other fan fiction here. It's a way of hanging out with Oskar and Eli, seeing their faces and hearing their voices. :wub:

Welcome again to We the Infected!
Seeing their faces and hearing their voices, well put my friend. I'll reflect on that as I sleep and imagine what they would be saying in my story. Vengeance has a way of showing up that no one is prepared for, but that's all I'm letting out. It may be a farfetched idea and it may have already been told, but I think it's my turn to tell it. Thank you for the continued inspiration.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:25 pm

Mishrashade48 wrote:Seeing their faces and hearing their voices, well put my friend. I'll reflect on that as I sleep and imagine what they would be saying in my story. Vengeance has a way of showing up that no one is prepared for, but that's all I'm letting out. It may be a farfetched idea and it may have already been told, but I think it's my turn to tell it. Thank you for the continued inspiration.
Sleep is a good place for your muse to speak to you! I look forward to seeing what she whispers to you! :)
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Mishrashade48

Post by Mishrashade48 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:28 pm

dongregg wrote:
Mishrashade48 wrote:Seeing their faces and hearing their voices, well put my friend. I'll reflect on that as I sleep and imagine what they would be saying in my story. Vengeance has a way of showing up that no one is prepared for, but that's all I'm letting out. It may be a farfetched idea and it may have already been told, but I think it's my turn to tell it. Thank you for the continued inspiration.
Sleep is a good place for your muse to speak to you! I look forward to seeing what she whispers to you! :)
She whispered enough, that's all I can tell you. Now, it is time to write. If I need any help, and I know I will, I will make sure to ask.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:45 am

Mishrashade48 wrote:
dongregg wrote:Sleep is a good place for your muse to speak to you! I look forward to seeing what she whispers to you! :)
She whispered enough, that's all I can tell you. Now, it is time to write. If I need any help, and I know I will, I will make sure to ask.
Your carefully and effectively polished pieces that a couple of us are getting from you via PM deserve to be seen by other members. They are beyond good; they're great.

And why should I be the only one who is now afraid to go to sleep at night? :twisted:

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:04 am

dongregg wrote:
Mishrashade48 wrote:
dongregg wrote:Sleep is a good place for your muse to speak to you! I look forward to seeing what she whispers to you! :)
Your carefully and effectively polished pieces that a couple of us are getting from you via PM deserve to be seen by other members. They are beyond good; they're great.

And why should I be the only one who is now afraid to go to sleep at night? :twisted:
But it'll be worth it. Guaranteed! ;)
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Mishrashade48

Post by Mishrashade48 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:16 am

dongregg wrote:
Mishrashade48 wrote:

Yes, I know

Oh, I could be sending out these creepy dream meetings left and right. I just don't know if that's what others want to interact with. Do you think that people here want to meet the bandaged boy from my upcoming story? ;)

Return to “Fan Fiction”