250 years

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
EEA

250 years

Post by EEA » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:47 pm

Prologue: July 2008

"That's it. All my history before I met you."
"Now is my turn."
Eli stood up and looked at Oskar, he paced around the room. He was nervous, this would be the first time he would tell someone about the memories that he remembered.
Then he said:
"This is my story.... This is my history...."

This is were my life starts. This is the only memories that I have of my family. In this year that was fill with joys, the last year I was with my family. The year before it all fell apart. I can imagine them still, my mom, my sister waiting for me by the river. My dad has gone to get wood for the fire. I stay with mom because I am too clumsy, I am always dropping things. I am no good at doing boy's chores. Everything I touch breaks.
My big sister Maria has to look after me.
"Elias be careful!"
So I stop running around the river and sit near to where my mom is washing the clothes while Maria helps to twist the water out of the wet clothes, then she puts them back in the basket.
"Let's go!"
I follow my mom and my sister as they carried the two baskets. I am too little to help. Is there anything I am good at?

We lived in a small hut. It had two rooms. I shared my room with my sister. My sister Maria was 17 but she would soon was going to be leaving to another village. She was going to get married to Lukas. Lukas was a seller. He was 22 and he went village to village selling different items. My dad knew Luka's dad and so Lukas always came by before he left our village to say hi. Then I don't even know how it happened but Maria and Lukas became engaged. My parents were happy and so was I. Lukas was a good man and we knew he would make Maria happy. Even so I was sad because Maria was going to leave and who knows when I would see her again. The village that she was moving too was far, too far away.
Still the wedding would not be until next year, so I didn't worry because time was not that important to me. So I forgot about that and to our life continue as a family.

"No, no Elias I don't need any help."
So dad carried the stack of woods to the back of the hut. He left a few pieces behind to start the fire.
"Sit down it is almost time for dinner."
My mom did this so I would not be in dad's way. Last time I had try to start the fire in the small chimney but I wound up burning my hands.
So I sat down as dad came in and took the pieces of wood and put then inside the chimney to start the fire. I continue to watch as my mom put the pot in the fire while my sister set the table. That's all I was good at. At watching.

a_contemplative_life

Re: 250 years

Post by a_contemplative_life » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:15 pm

EEA is giving us a FF Christmas present! :D This should be interesting...

Clubmeister

Post by Clubmeister » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:10 pm

Yes, very nice and plausible story :)
He is looking at me, silently, expectantly, in the near-dark room, neither smiling nor frowning; gaunt as a Belsen child, proud as the Devil, distant and beautiful as a star. [DMt.]

EEA

Post by EEA » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:00 am

Thank you. :) Exploring Eli's past will be interesting since there is a lot to explore. ;)
Tomorrow I will post the next big update. :)

EEA

Post by EEA » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:41 am

My family was poor. My father worked for the lord. Each month my father had to give a certain amount of money to this lord since according to the law he owned the land. The cottage that we lived on was not ours. So my dad worked hard each morning so that the harvest would be good. There was all sort of vegetables and fruits in the garden. They varied from season to season. He then would go to the market and sell the crops. So things were good. I did not know we were poor. I never noticed how hard it was for my parents to give me and my sister three meals a day.
My mom would wash our clothes, mend our shoes, sow and sow our clothes if they needed mending.
She cooked, she cleaned, she took care of the two sheep we had. My sister once she was old she would help my mom and take cared of me. Both of them did. I was not good for anything. All I did was stand in the way. I broke many things, I would cry for the tiniest scratch.
"There, there it will get better."
"Do you promise?"
"Yes. See isn't it better already?"
Then my mom would kiss my arm were the tiny scar was.
Once I heard my parents discussing my future. Dad sounded concerned. Mom tried to make things better. All I did was bring them trouble.
"What will become of him Emy?"
"Our little Elias will do well."
"Can't you see if he can't defend himself...."
"There is plenty of time for that."
My dad only gave a sigh and said.
"We can't protect him all the time. What will happen to him when we are gone?"
I wonder that too.

Return to “Fan Fiction”