Soccer

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
metoo

Re: Soccer

Post by metoo » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:51 am

gkmoberg1 wrote:Oh, I had not thought they would feed on Svend. Rather that if Svend - or anyone for that matter - got too close, that things could end badly.

You are right, they would rather flee than fight. Yet it is the inadvertent event of stumbling upon them that could be very dangerous.
I have an annoying tendency to correct people, I shouldn't do that. You are absolutely right, to corner them would indeed be very dangerous.
gkmoberg1 wrote:I liked how well Svend was able to follow them without their noticing. Sometimes we write FF material imagining them able to hear every pin drop. Here, they are strolling along unawares. That seemed rather likely.
Their minds, I think, would work the normal, human way. People don't see what they don't expect, unless the stimulus goes over a certain level. On top of that, they'd be children, with a child's single-mindedness. So even if their ears were capable of hearing Svend's footsteps, their brains would filter this weak signal out and it wouldn't enter their minds.
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

Clubmeister

Post by Clubmeister » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:24 pm

Some posts have disappeared or I'm wrong? :ugeek:
He is looking at me, silently, expectantly, in the near-dark room, neither smiling nor frowning; gaunt as a Belsen child, proud as the Devil, distant and beautiful as a star. [DMt.]

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:12 pm

I hope not! Nothing to my knowledge has disappeared.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:32 am

I liked all of the stories that Barcelona 2008 led me to, but I especially liked the physicality of "Soccer." It gave the story a lot of depth and presence.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

metoo

Post by metoo » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:52 am

dongregg wrote:I liked all of the stories that Barcelona 2008 led me to, but I especially liked the physicality of "Soccer." It gave the story a lot of depth and presence.
Thanks!

Nice to see my old stories pop up...
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

Return to “Fan Fiction”