Pittsburgh, a LMI2 Fan Fic

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
Clubmeister

Re: Pittsburgh, a LMI2 Fan Fic

Post by Clubmeister » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:26 pm

Oh, my gosh! Gk, you have written this episode like Agatha Christie's detective story. Will I ever understand all of the psychological intricacies?
Good writing :)
He is looking at me, silently, expectantly, in the near-dark room, neither smiling nor frowning; gaunt as a Belsen child, proud as the Devil, distant and beautiful as a star. [DMt.]

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:35 pm

Oh shield your eyes! Here it is, finally, after many years - me standing on Woodland Avenue in northwestern Pittsburgh. This fanfic, Pittsburgh, begins with our protagonist/antagonist Randy looking down the length of the lined up porches at dusk and spotting a lone girl.

On this particular afternoon with its bright sun, 28C and not much going on, I found neither Randy nor her. Shame.

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:02 am

"My eyes!my eyes! They burn".. :lol: Great story Gk.Loved it.I'm glad you didn't meet Abby.You look too happy and Abby likes "happy food"..plus with that exposed neck, and body like a Greek god, you would have been a goner.. :lol: I'm off to you tube to watch that band you mentioned..Thanks for sharing.. :D
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:14 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJPafsJX8Kg...good band.They sound a little Queen-ish in parts. :D
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:55 am

gkmoberg1 wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:35 pm
Oh shield your eyes! Here it is, finally, after many years - me standing on Woodland Avenue in northwestern Pittsburgh. This fanfic, Pittsburgh, begins with our protagonist/antagonist Randy looking down the length of the lined up porches at dusk and spotting a lone girl.

On this particular afternoon with its bright sun, 28C and not much going on, I found neither Randy nor her. Shame.
I'll bet it gives you an odd feeling. Visiting several places in Albuquerque where my new tale takes place certainly had a strange effect on me...
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:28 pm

You'd think there'd be a stone marker in the grass out front or placed on one of the buildings, commemorating the events that happened here from LetMeIn2.

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:47 am

Fresh back from Pittsburgh! Only the third or perhaps fourth time there. I'm starting to learn my way about, but it's a wild set of roads, bridges and tunnels to learn.

We drove by the road where this story took place, but I did not mention it. I'd like to stop by again though, preferably early evening, near "supper time." Nah, this time the crew I was with would have thought "What is he jabbering about now? LTROI? LMI? Fan-fic... wha?" :roll: , c'est la vie

Also, in getting to Pittsburgh I found I was driving the route Abby would have taken the night she escaped there with (unconscious) Owen. We went across New Jersey, away from Manhattan, and then across eastern Pennsylvania on Route-22. From the Harrisburg area west to Pittsburgh we took the ole PA turnpike (I-76), through its set of tunnels under the Appalachians. Driving it alone, as Abby did, would have been a feat of endurance! (All this is from Lee Kyle's LMI2 (A fan-fic novel truly worth reading) (imho))

Return to “Fan Fiction”