Voices Alone

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
Wolfchild

Re: Voices Alone

Post by Wolfchild » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:27 am

a_contemplative_life wrote:
drakkar wrote:I didn't grasp the scene where Eli is sitting in her room sits with the hand on the wall. Until now. She promised Håkan. Of course. Thanks! :)
Seems like I have to modify my Eli ever so slightly. Again.
Actually, she didn't really promise. She just looked at him and then stroked his cheek.
I believe she nods and gives a little grunt of assent, just as the shot cuts to her hand on Håkan's face.
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

genie47

Post by genie47 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:49 am

Wolfchild wrote:
a_contemplative_life wrote:
drakkar wrote:I didn't grasp the scene where Eli is sitting in her room sits with the hand on the wall. Until now. She promised Håkan. Of course. Thanks! :)
Seems like I have to modify my Eli ever so slightly. Again.
Actually, she didn't really promise. She just looked at him and then stroked his cheek.
I believe she nods and gives a little grunt of assent, just as the shot cuts to her hand on Håkan's face.
Yes, you can hear this "hmmm.." of assent.
Låt den rätte komma in in both its printed and celluloid form is a slow acting poison. You will be poisoned white. White from arsenic and innocence.

To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage. - Lao Tzu

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:44 am

genie47 wrote:I believe she nods and gives a little grunt of assent, just as the shot cuts to her hand on Håkan's face.
Yes, you can hear this "hmmm.." of assent.[/quote]

Boy, I don't know, guys. That wasn't much of an assent, in my book. But I agree, it seems to fit with her later hesitation at the wall.

drakkar

Post by drakkar » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:16 am

a_contemplative_life wrote:Boy, I don't know, guys. That wasn't much of an assent, in my book. But I agree, it seems to fit with her later hesitation at the wall.
It IS very subtle, but I did not understand why Eli should hesitate in contacting Oskar when Håkan was away. And it puzzled me just because I didn't notice the promise she gave him.
For the heart life is simple. It beats as long as it can.
- Karl Ove Knausgård

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:45 am

I'm surprised that noone has complained about my take on Håkan. :?

I added one more scene: I finally got Eli into Oskar's room.
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

cmfireflies

Post by cmfireflies » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:34 am

Awww, that section was so sweet.

Although maybe you could have taken advantage of Eli's POV more and tell us how she settled on that Romero and Juliet quote.

I'm curious on how you'll handle Virginia's attack scene. I always imagined it as pure instinct, with Eli having no conscious thought until she's rudely kicked off by Locke.
"When is a monster not a monster? Oh, when you love it."

drakkar

Post by drakkar » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:57 am

Wolfchild wrote:I'm surprised that noone has complained about my take on Håkan. :?
I don't see anything wrong. A bit on the harsh side, maybe, especially when Eli drains him at the hospital. Perhaps a couple of seconds with Eli mourning in that scene and nobody should have any reason to complain...
- Karl Ove Knausgård

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:21 am

Wolfchild wrote:I'm surprised that noone has complained about my take on Håkan. :?

I added one more scene: I finally got Eli into Oskar's room.
I think Eli would've felt bad about Håkan; to what extent is anyone's guess; but, I've already said that somewhere else, I think.

I really like the latest chapter, esp. the idea of Oskar's bedroom as a safe haven for Eli. Funny, you wouldn't think something as simple as "do you want to go steady" would create such confusion! :lol: But when you're a vampire child, I guess things are different. :cry: But I sense that with this scene, the defenses around that little heart of gold are beginning to come down. Yay! :D

drakkar

Post by drakkar » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:53 pm

a_contemplative_life wrote: But I sense that with this scene, the defenses around that little heart of gold are beginning to come down. Yay! :D
They do; listen to the soundtrack :). The shrilling distant disharmonics slowly give way to a softer symphonic tone when Oskal finds the note from Eli.
- Karl Ove Knausgård

genie47

Post by genie47 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:11 pm

drakkar wrote:
a_contemplative_life wrote: But I sense that with this scene, the defenses around that little heart of gold are beginning to come down. Yay! :D
They do; listen to the soundtrack :). The shrilling distant disharmonics slowly give way to a softer symphonic tone when Oskal finds the note from Eli.
Kare's quizzled look adds to it also. He picks up note, looks up, gives a sort of smile but at the same time most likely have the "what did she mean by "not a girl?""
Låt den rätte komma in in both its printed and celluloid form is a slow acting poison. You will be poisoned white. White from arsenic and innocence.

To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage. - Lao Tzu

Return to “Fan Fiction”