A Christmas Story

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
Swaefheard

A Christmas Story

Post by Swaefheard » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:44 am

I am definitely not a writer but I read Snaps Xmas story late last night and woke with this in my head!

23rd December, 2011. Santa's workshop in Lappland.

Santa heard someone knocking on his door. He walked over and opened it.
Two children are standing there, a small blonde boy and a dark-haired little girl.

He beckons them in.
They stay standing outside.
'You have to ask us in'
Santa stopped and looked at them. They must be freezing, and there's a strange smell. Is it coming from them? Don't want to embarrass them.
Neither of the children are wearing coats and the girl is shoeless.
'It's all right. We don't feel the cold any more. But you have to ask us in.'
Santa shrugs his shoulders.
'You can come in'

They entered and the boy glared at him. He held up a crumpled letter.
'We haven't got much. We're sort of.... poor. And now you say you aren't bringing us anything for Christmas.'

'Ah, these must be the Swedish vampire children', thought Santa, trying to hide his feelings of unease.
'Where did you get your clothes? They look like something from the trash, little girl'
'Jag är ingen flicka', Eli said menacingly.
'Come and sit on my knee and let's talk things over.'
'Oh, another one like Håkan', both children thought as they warily sat down.
Oskar leant towards Santa as if to hug him but bit his throat instead and jumped off his knee, followed by a giggling Eli. They ran to the door and were gone.

'Strange kids', Santa said to himself as he wiped two pinpricks of blood from his throat and began stacking presents on the sleigh.

24th December, 2011, early evening

Santa has finished loading his sleigh with Christmas presents and harnessed the reindeer. They have a lot of deliveries to do tonight and must be finished before people start waking on Christmas morning.
'I think I'll feed the reindeer and have something to eat before we leave'.
Santa took a bite from a slice of bread but it didn't taste right. He spat it out. He'd been feeling different since those children had been to see him. He kept thinking about blood for some reason...
He sat in the sleigh, murmured 'let's get started'. The reindeer pulled at the weight and then they were airborne.

It was taking a long time to deliver the presents this year. A lot longer. Santa had discovered that he could no long go down chimneys to deliver presents and had to wait for people to invite him in. And they really weren't very happy being woken in the middle of the night by someone they thought hadn't existed since they were children.

25th December, 2011

It had been a long night and there were still undelivered presents in the sleigh. The first signs of dawn were in the sky and Santa felt uncomfortable. It wasn't because he hadn't finished his work. Something else was happening. Something ominous approaching.

The first rays of the rising sun hit his face like red-hot needles. So hot. The pain.
'I can smell something... burning', he thought...

Shortly after sunrise on Christmas day the police started receiving reports of a fiery flying sleigh pulled by terrified reindeer.

Of course an explanation would be found.
Probably just the wild imaginings of a drunk.

- - - - -

'I've been thinking, Oskar', said Eli. 'We didn't break Santa's neck after you bit him. He will turn into a vampire'.

But nature had already put things right.
Last edited by Swaefheard on Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mackousko

Re: A Christmas Story

Post by mackousko » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:31 am

:lol:
Poor Santa. Eli could obtain some magical powers from his blood.

varamiglite

Post by varamiglite » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:23 pm

Is this like The Santa Clause with Tim Allen? Does Oskar have to become Santa now? Is he gonna gain a whole bunch of weight and grow a big white beard? Is he gonna get cravings for bloody cookies?
slog tillbaka. hårt.

snaps

Post by snaps » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:54 pm

I looved it! :D

You have anticipated some of my ideas, so I will have to rewrite the second bit of my Xmas fanfic. :idea: :shock: :D

(Great minds think alike :lol: )

I had hoped to post tonite but what with the usual Xmas rush, won't get posted till Wednesday. :think:

Thanks for posting. :wub: I hope others chip in their stuff. :geek:

It makes me feel less ike a prune now, knowing that someone else has submitted kick-yeh Xmas fanfiction. ;)

Swaefheard

Post by Swaefheard » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:55 pm

Oskar isn't able to eat cookies since he was turned so it's unlikely he would be able to put on weight like that :D Can a vampire get fat by maybe drinking a whole coachload of people in one blood binge?
He'd most likely have to wear a false beard (he hadn't started shaving in the book or film) and have a lot of padding under his red robe. The flying and moving about fast would be easy enough normally, but not when he was dressed as Santa Claus. A naked Santa would not go down well with the parents! A vampire could cover a lot of ground in one stride (the cancer woman scene from the book) but the sack of presents would get in the way.
Would people be expected to leave a glass of fresh blood for him to drink when he visits, instead of a mince pie or whatever is traditional in whatever country he is in at the time ?
Why am I thinking about this so seriously? It's not real.

Is it? :lol:

Swaefheard

Post by Swaefheard » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:58 pm

I'm sorry I stole some of your ideas for part 2, snaps.
I read part 1 late last night and must have been thinking it about it in my sleep. The story just needed writing down when I woke! I don't think I've written a story since I was at school (a long time ago) :D

varamiglite

Post by varamiglite » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:59 pm

Swaefheard wrote:Oskar isn't able to eat cookies since he was turned so it's unlikely he would be able to put on weight like that :D Can a vampire get fat by maybe drinking a whole coachload of people in one blood binge?
He'd most likely have to wear a false beard (he hadn't started shaving in the book or film) and have a lot of padding under his red robe. The flying and moving about fast would be easy enough normally, but not when he was dressed as Santa Claus. A naked Santa would not go down well with the parents! A vampire could cover a lot of ground in one stride (the cancer woman scene from the book) but the sack of presents would get in the way.
Would people be expected to leave a glass of fresh blood for him to drink when he visits, instead of a mince pie or whatever is traditional in whatever country he is in at the time ?
Why am I thinking about this so seriously? It's not real.

Is it? :lol:
It's as real as you make it to be ;)
slog tillbaka. hårt.

Swaefheard

Post by Swaefheard » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:05 pm

You're right! Maybe someone tapped my window and called my name last night to sow the seeds of my story :lol:

snaps

Post by snaps » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:23 pm

Swaefheard wrote:I'm sorry I stole some of your ideas for part 2, snaps.
I read part 1 late last night and must have been thinking it about it in my sleep. The story just needed writing down when I woke! I don't think I've written a story since I was at school (a long time ago) :D
Hej, no problem! :D That's the nice really thing about LTROI. It enables you to re-write your, or others, personal history, not as it happened, but possibly how you may have wished it to be (for you or them) in another, parallel, dimension? School tends to beat creative potential out of you, so you can go get a job, earn money, and useful things like that.

Somewhere, along the long road of life, you need to re-connect to yourself, however many years later.

For all I know (or care) you might be a Chief Exec of a multinational., A Government Minister, or High Court Judge.

What we have here is anonymous, tongue-in-cheek fun. :lol: I really did love your story. It would be great to see it continued :twisted:

best wishes

snaps.

Clubmeister

Post by Clubmeister » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:36 pm

I think, as Santa is magical person, he may become a magical vampire. So, if he bites the deers, they will become vampire deers.
He is looking at me, silently, expectantly, in the near-dark room, neither smiling nor frowning; gaunt as a Belsen child, proud as the Devil, distant and beautiful as a star. [DMt.]

Return to “Fan Fiction”