little Funny Fictions:)

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
gkmoberg1

Re: little Funny Fictions:)

Post by gkmoberg1 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:04 am

At the jungle gym... (Take Five) (<-- trivia: the name of an incredible jazz piece)
  • (Same day as Take Four and the others, Same hour of the evening but ... a different scenario)

Tuesday
October 20, 1981

<as evening descends, the crews prepare for the evening film shoot. Make-up is applied to 'the talent', the young pair who will star in the upcoming scene. Thomas is on the radio with the light and sound crews. Props seem to be set and in place. "Wiring harness for Lina needs to be checked," he says.>

tree <to jungle gym>: oh, this is giving me the shivers! our final dress rehearsal!
<jungle gym: :?: >
tree <to jungle gym>: Oh yes. Don't you go giving me that blank stare.
<jungle gym: :shock: >
tree: This is your big moment, after all.
jungle gym (afraid to ask): What are you getting at?
tree: Dude, wake up, look at the title of this submission. "October 20, 1981". Tomorrow is the the first day of the novel, the day when we launch into learning how Oskar meets Eli.
jungle gym: Yet this is somehow my big moment?
tree: For certain. Look, this little set of skits is even nicely named in your honor "At the jungle gym" It's a stretch, I know, but a little limelight is good for you.
jungle gym: Well, thanks, I suppose. But the moment is about Oskar and Eli, not me. And what do you mean by "It's a stretch"?
tree: LOL! I'm certain this was meant all along to be called "At the tree" but, do agree, no hard feelings at all. You deserve a shot at the Big Time.
jungle gym: I'm ... not sure what to say.
tree: Your modesty, oh my. Look, yes, I carried this film - we talked about this before, remember? But don't go all lopsided on me over this - They've gone with naming these shorts after you "At the Jungle Gym" , I mean, that's really sweet.
jungle gym: Well, err, makes sense to me, but thank you just the same.
tree: The little ones will be out in a short while. You know, he gets to stab me, she drops from your upper rails, they awkwardly chatter, and then in a reverse angle shot, you get to see Oskar being supported by me. oh, it is like magic.
< jungle gym :shock: >
tree (swaying gently): Such a moment! He's there saying "what makes you think I'd want to be your friend" and I'm right there -ta da!- in the background in my supportive role.
< jungle gym :shock: :roll: >
tree: Rich cinematic moments like this - they don't come that often.
jungle gym: Yes, right. I'm so glad you're there for him. So too the viewers. I bet... I bet nearly all of them wonder how that would have played out if you weren't there for the moment.
tree (shivers): Oh oh oh oh, let's not contemplate that. no.
jungle gym: "For certain." as you put it. The film, it would be...
tree: .. ruined, yes.
jungle gym: Oh indeed. "For certain"

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:42 pm

gkmoberg1 wrote:You are too kind, sir! :blushes: Uhh, really, I am little compared to the remarkable efforts set here by others. Look at all EEA, intrige, ACL, PeteMork, DMt., metoo and so many other have written - amazing.

As for your thoughts on further plot entanglements - I like them all! Please write one out for us :D Yes, how did it come to be that Eli lost track of Louis? Your explanation sounds good.
Good to see that the tree and the jungle gym are back. As for Eli and Louis -- durn, now I have to do the research I said I would. :evil:
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Clubmeister

Post by Clubmeister » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:16 pm

Very interesting continuation of the episode "At the jungle gym..." :)
He is looking at me, silently, expectantly, in the near-dark room, neither smiling nor frowning; gaunt as a Belsen child, proud as the Devil, distant and beautiful as a star. [DMt.]

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:31 pm

gkmoberg1 wrote:At the jungle gym... (Take Five) (<-- trivia: the name of an incredible jazz piece)

Saw Dave Brubeck and Paul Desmond perform it in 1966 or 1967, I think it was. In Central Park at the free Reingold Concert. Next year I saw The Blues Project just about get electrocuted when a sudden storm drove them off stage. That may have been the last concert that Reingold sponsored. Not totally sure about that (or about much of anything these days. It doesn't seem that long ago, but it was, wasn't it).
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

metoo

Post by metoo » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:50 pm

But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:56 pm

Thanks, metoo!

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:20 pm

I was once in a group, Swing Shift, that would sometime attempt Take Five. It was oh so very difficult for me. I could not keep with the 5/4 time; I think I was a menace for the others. Fortunately we never did that one on stage!

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:25 pm

gkmoberg1 wrote:Found this!

ImageStjärnholms slott by patrikneckman, on Flickr
Really good album of Stjärnholms slot and the wedding celebration.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:39 am

As for Eli and Louis -- durn, now I have to do the research I said I would. :evil:
I've started doing the reading. I'm surprised that there were so many battles on Swedish soil--towns burnt down and so forth. So that gives me ideas. But then I returned to "Kristina" for more ideas. OMG. The amount of information you have pulled together, both in the tale and in the comments by forum members. It's rather daunting. I hope I'm up for it. I'm intrigued by the way you presented Elias, and I have an image burned into my mind of his asking Kristina, "Are there many of us?" That speaks volumes to me about how alone in his solitary existence Elias is at that time. I mean at around three-quarters of century, he hasn't been able to answer that question for himself.

Anyway, intrigued as I am, I still don't know if I'm up for it. Won't stop me from reading, though.

Now that I remember me, the 1800s isn't really my century. 1700s. I wrote a 30-page monograph on Scotland that examines the transition from a traditional farm economy to a capitalist farm economy, and especially how the common people were affected by the changes.

I wonder if I dare pick up the tale at an earlier time, long before the Kristina encounter. Well, I'm not writing anything unless it just bubbles up in me and compels me. It's how I do most things. It's called ADHD, but I prefer to call it an endless childhood. :roll:

Return to “Fan Fiction”