The Eli Chronicles

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
Daniel Ether

Re: The Eli Chronicles

Post by Daniel Ether » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:39 am

PeteMork wrote:
gkmoberg1 wrote:Can I play Mr Dawson in the movie?

When are the auditions?
You sure can! As soon as I work out the details with Tomas Alfredson, Johan Söderqvist, and Hoyte van Hoytema. I envision a trilogy... :D
(I figure auditions this summer and final production in time for Halloween, 2014.)
:D hahaha awesome! who would make a great Sava? :think:

Clubmeister

Post by Clubmeister » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:44 pm

PeteMork wrote:

When are the auditions?
You sure can! As soon as I work out the details with Tomas Alfredson, Johan Söderqvist, and Hoyte van Hoytema. I envision a trilogy... :D
(I figure auditions this summer and final production in time for Halloween, 2014.)
If Johan Söderqvist won't agree, you may always talk to me. My fee would be much more modest :mrgreen: .
------------------------------

I'm really glad for Jack. He deserves to be happy.
I try to imagine how's this - to live on this beautiful island? Probably - very cool. And now, when their main danger is over, they may travel freely, all over the world. If i'm not mistaken, they have a castle somewhere in Europe (super cool :D ).
He is looking at me, silently, expectantly, in the near-dark room, neither smiling nor frowning; gaunt as a Belsen child, proud as the Devil, distant and beautiful as a star. [DMt.]

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:10 pm

Clubmeister wrote:
PeteMork wrote:

When are the auditions?
If Johan Söderqvist won't agree, you may always talk to me. My fee would be much more modest :mrgreen: .
I consider this excellent news from both of you!

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:08 pm

Daniel Ether wrote::D hahaha awesome! who would make a great Sava? :think:
My own choice from among “The Infected,” with or without his acquiescence, is Sauvin. ;)
Clubmeister wrote:If Johan Söderqvist won't agree, you may always talk to me. My fee would be much more modest :mrgreen: .
Excellent idea! You’re now an official member of the “Dream Team.”
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:15 pm

Chapter62: Midnight Flight of Fancy

Link: http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... ight-fancy

As promised, this will be the final chapter in the Eli Chronicles. Things have taken an unexpected turn, to the delight of our heroes; at the same time, creating potential headaches for Jonathan and others who like to always have their ducks in a row.

Translations: (Don't peek until the link has been approved, and you feel the need for clarity. I don’t want to give too much away…)

Codladh sámh (sleep peacefully)
Más é do thoil é (If you please)
Is fearr rith maith ná drochsheasamh! (A good run is better than a bad stand)
Na dean sin! (Don’t do that!)

Note:
There will be surprises here, which many of you will enjoy if I’ve done my job properly, and many others will dislike intently. To the later, it may seem that I am taking liberties with Eli’s world that take away too much of the inherent darkness that makes JAL’s tale so powerful and poignant. To them, I apologize. They can just pretend this chapter doesn’t exist, if that helps. :D (unless it’s already too late) :lol:
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Clubmeister

Post by Clubmeister » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:31 am

First I wanted to write about all the story "The Eli Chronicles", but then I realized that it would be very hard to me - this story is too large-scale and multi-faceted. I should be at least half-talented as Pete :)
When read such story, you always regret that it's impossible to publish.
Well, at least I was happy to read it here!
And while reading - I was inside: when there were danger with the main characters, I was frightened.
When they were happy, I was happy.
Many, many exciting events, emotions and experiences.

I'd like to quote from Pete's "The author":
“Will we live after you die?” she asked suddenly, snapping him completely out of his musings. Oddly, she didn’t seem to be worried about it; the question was asked in the same tone of voice one might use to ask whether or not Angels were real.

“Of course you will!” and finally, he was certain of it. “You’re as real as I am, and you’ll both be immortal, remember.”

Yes, they will live their happy lives (surely happy!) for hundreds (or thousands) years after we will die.
And it's cool!

I have to say about the last chapter: as to me, It would be very hard to make a better ending.
It's an incredibly cute :)
Promise of many interesting and funny adventures!
Only one thing about that cute little boy with freckles :wub: : I see him more elf than the leprechaun, because I have memories about leprechaun from the movie "Leprechaun", who isn't very pleasant personality.

I'm sure: the end of "The Eli Chronicles" is no more than the end of "The Eli Chronicles".
And Pete, when gather interesting ideas will gladden us with another interesting stories :D
He is looking at me, silently, expectantly, in the near-dark room, neither smiling nor frowning; gaunt as a Belsen child, proud as the Devil, distant and beautiful as a star. [DMt.]

Daniel Ether

Post by Daniel Ether » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:54 pm

So... im finished reading.
I went home from work today and read the last five chapters all at once. what can i say...?
I dont even know where to begin.
There where so many highlights, beautifull and funny ones but also scary and fearsome ones. Like Clubmeister wrote, its realy hard to writte about the whole thing. Even despite the fact i read it kind of "all at once" in a very short time. (lets say 'relatively short time' :D )
When i started with "Coming from the Cold" i became an instand fan of your stories and it always seemed that there are always many chapters head, till the last few ones. so its really kind of sad that its over now. it seems i came quite right to the finish ;)
I reread a few of my previous comments on your three storys and i really dont want to sound canting or something :oops:
But cant help it. What an awesome ride these three stories where! :D I enjoyed every single chapter very very much!
And what a lovely, lovely ending :wub:
Its so lovely to know that they are save and secure now on their beautiful island with all their loved ones, a happy and exciting future ahead of them :wub:
I really liked it! The whole thing! :)
And i also would be very delighted to read another of your awesome stories

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:21 am

Clubmeister wrote:First I wanted to write about all the story "The Eli Chronicles", but then I realized that it would be very hard to me - this story is too large-scale and multi-faceted. I should be at least half-talented as Pete :)
When read such story, you always regret that it's impossible to publish.
Well, at least I was happy to read it here!
And while reading - I was inside: when there were danger with the main characters, I was frightened.
When they were happy, I was happy.
Many, many exciting events, emotions and experiences.

I'd like to quote from Pete's "The author":
“Will we live after you die?” she asked suddenly, snapping him completely out of his musings. Oddly, she didn’t seem to be worried about it; the question was asked in the same tone of voice one might use to ask whether or not Angels were real.

“Of course you will!” and finally, he was certain of it. “You’re as real as I am, and you’ll both be immortal, remember.”

Yes, they will live their happy lives (surely happy!) for hundreds (or thousands) years after we will die.
And it's cool!

I have to say about the last chapter: as to me, It would be very hard to make a better ending.
It's an incredibly cute :)
Promise of many interesting and funny adventures!
Only one thing about that cute little boy with freckles :wub: : I see him more elf than the leprechaun, because I have memories about leprechaun from the movie "Leprechaun", who isn't very pleasant personality.
Elf, Pixie, fairy, take your pick. (I prefer to think of him as someone who will fit very nicely into their world, in spite of the fact that they are now aging, and he isn’t. :think: ) Whoever he is, Hannah is certain he’s a ‘good guy’ and Hannah is never (well…hardly ever) wrong. And, after all, he didn’t have a pot of gold… :D
One thing is certain: With our heroes in it, His future will be far more interesting than his past.
Clubmeister wrote:I'm sure: the end of "The Eli Chronicles" is no more than the end of "The Eli Chronicles".
And Pete, when gather interesting ideas will gladden us with another interesting stories :D
Thanks, Aleks. Bringing the “Eli Chronicles” to an end was quite sad for me. I’m already in the throes of withdrawal, and miss them all already. But at least I gave them what I promised them. :wub:

Daniel Ether

Post by Daniel Ether » Mon May 13, 2013 10:08 am

By the way:

A happy Leprechaunday everybody
http://classiclit.about.com/od/leprecha ... un_Day.htm

:D

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Mon May 13, 2013 9:50 pm

I re-read Einstein Spills the Beans :D This is one of my favorite chapters! And in reading through it again, yet after a long while since last time, I was struck by how well done this story has been built. The characters are so precious and this chapters draws on them all nicely. Hannah, Oscar, Eli, Sara, Jack, and of course my best buddy Einstein provide a lot of good-spirited fun. I, uh, might want to keep the girls out of my kitchen though... :roll: (he says, putting the Anise up on a higher shelf.) but I want to try Eli's famous peanut-butter cookies.

Return to “Fan Fiction”