The Eli Chronicles

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
gkmoberg1

Re: The Eli Chronicles

Post by gkmoberg1 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:08 am

BellKatHerm wrote:I appreciate the input. Work just went all crappy, so I don't know when I'll be able to do justice to your comments. But I do appreciate your writing, know that. I can't imagine the world without JAL and his work, and I'm glad you seem to feel the same way.
Welcome to the forum! I too cannot imagine the world without JAL and his work - althought it (somehow) existed just fine without until just recently. :think:

Have you read many of his works? Sounds like something has made an impression on you - i'll suspect it's LTROI for starters. But have you read/seen anything beyond that? ( I'll admit I'm way behind. I have 'Handling the Undead' but have not had time to start it. And it looks like he's gotten a few other done since then... My bad. )

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:05 pm

Chapter 57: Eli’s Favorite Color

Link: http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... rite-color

With Eli’s help, Hannah flies, and later attempts to pay Eli back for the gift, in spite of what she thinks might happen in her own future as a result.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Clubmeister

Post by Clubmeister » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:22 pm

A-ha! New chapter! :)
I already start to read...
He is looking at me, silently, expectantly, in the near-dark room, neither smiling nor frowning; gaunt as a Belsen child, proud as the Devil, distant and beautiful as a star. [DMt.]

Clubmeister

Post by Clubmeister » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:51 pm

Oh, my gosh. I'm so scattered. I missed Chapter 56 :? How could I???
I have to go back a little :lol:
------------

Honestly, before Chapter 56 I was puzzled: "whom Eli has eaten before Oskar found her in the cave?" Just stupid curiosity.
But it was merely a rock. Such a good rock. There should be memorial plaque installed: "This rock saved Eli".
-----

I was exited, while reading this part:
She simply couldn’t describe it. It was as though she could feel the individual molecules of air as they slipped swiftly past her wings; the faster ones on top lifting her up and the slower ones below, gently pressing upward against her wings as they would against a kite, keeping her from falling. And she could feel the beautiful balance of it all, and the clear limits of its almost limitless variation, and she understood it! For the first time since her fairy dream, she really understood it in its entirety.

I think, I could give my life after fifty for possibility to have wings and fly...

Have to say, this descripton, when Hanna was digging in Eli's mind is a total suspense. I think, it could be possible to write ten scenarios of horror films, based on those digging...
And this moment is just scary:
...So she moved swiftly past it and realized at once it was actually a very brief period in her life; no more than a few weeks at most...
I'm frightened, because I have some suspicions about.

Who-h... I need a drink to calm down :)
He is looking at me, silently, expectantly, in the near-dark room, neither smiling nor frowning; gaunt as a Belsen child, proud as the Devil, distant and beautiful as a star. [DMt.]

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:19 pm

Chapter58: Eli’s Secret

Link: http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... 99s-secret.

Elias’s life-changing event is revealed to Hannah, but not without indirect consequences for Hannah herself.

Part of this Chapter is taken from a short story I wrote in November, 2010, called “The Death of Elias.”

Warning: spoilers.
Link: http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... eath-elias
Clubmeister wrote:I think, I could give my life after fifty for possibility to have wings and fly...
Me too, as you can probably tell by how often I fly through my own characters. :D
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

ValarMorghulis

Post by ValarMorghulis » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:22 pm

Actually I'm not the one who writes a lot of things in forums like this.
After I read the LTROI novel (and also watched the movie) my curiosity about the whole story brought me to this pace. After a little while of reading I found "Coming in from the cold" and "The Dawson family" and I liked it very much.
It's amazing for me how you have developed the story and their characters. I'm agree with you 100 % that also a imaginary character like Eli is, has a right of not living in eternal darkness but giving her a chance to return back to humanity. (Uh, I hope my spelling is right here)
I really enjoy it to read also "The Eli chronicles".
So I just want to say Thank you for all the efforts you have given to this fantastic story.

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:31 pm

ValarMorghulis wrote:Actually I'm not the one who writes a lot of things in forums like this.
After I read the LTROI novel (and also watched the movie) my curiosity about the whole story brought me to this pace. After a little while of reading I found "Coming in from the cold" and "The Dawson family" and I liked it very much.
It's amazing for me how you have developed the story and their characters. I'm agree with you 100 % that also a imaginary character like Eli is, has a right of not living in eternal darkness but giving her a chance to return back to humanity. (Uh, I hope my spelling is right here)
I really enjoy it to read also "The Eli chronicles".
So I just want to say Thank you for all the efforts you have given to this fantastic story.
You’re welcome! I sincerely appreciate your kind words. Eli and Oskar are dear to my heart. Writing about them brings them to life for me and allows me to give them all the happiness they deserve in payment for all they’ve done for me. (Whether they exist or not isn’t the least bit important in the scheme of things.) ;)

And welcome to the forum! I hope you get a chance to spend a lot of time here. It's a wonderful place and full of kind, thoughtful folks, all madly in love with this beautiful love story.

Clubmeister

Post by Clubmeister » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:46 pm

PeteMork wrote: ...Eli and Oskar are dear to my heart. Writing about them brings them to life for me and allows me to give them all the happiness they deserve in payment for all they’ve done for me. (Whether they exist or not isn’t the least bit important in the scheme of things.) ;) ...
What do you mean "Whether they exist or not..."?
Surely they exist !!!
Maybe in parallel word, but anyway :!:

Daniel Ether

Post by Daniel Ether » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:53 pm

Clubmeister wrote:
PeteMork wrote: ...Eli and Oskar are dear to my heart. Writing about them brings them to life for me and allows me to give them all the happiness they deserve in payment for all they’ve done for me. (Whether they exist or not isn’t the least bit important in the scheme of things.) ;) ...
What do you mean "Whether they exist or not..."?
Surely they exist !!!
Maybe in parallel word, but anyway :!:
was that even up for debate? ;)

ValarMorghulis

Post by ValarMorghulis » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:20 pm

So I'm at chapter 29 now, and as I told you last week I love it very much to read this story. Especially this thing about how to fly like they do it...
Yesterday I got my motorbike out of the carport for a first ride after the winter break. After a little while (and some fast turns) I remembered myself about Eli, when she used her beautifull wings for flying around and I thought to myself how much fun it could be to do the same, instead of riding the bike. (and because I still was riding at this moment, I had to remember myself fast, that in fact I don't have wings :D )
Pete, it's really fantastic how you have described it to fly like they do. Awfull...

Return to “Fan Fiction”