The Eli Chronicles

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
PeteMork

Re: The Eli Chronicles

Post by PeteMork » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:20 am

Clubmeister wrote:Oh, my gosh...
Pete, this is the funniest chapter among all of your trilogy :lol:
While reading some episodes, like that moment with Einstein, I almost fell from my chair. :lol:
I think, Eli's cookies are good enough now, but it's impossible even imagine, what a perfection in making them she will reach in a hundreed years of practice :)
Thanks! Now we have to teach Eli how to make s'mores. :wub:
gkmoberg1 wrote:Just fantastic! My bud, Einstein, takes on the girls' creation and downs it in record time. Good boy, Einstein!

The story development continues here but the dog wins the cake, err, I mean sauce. Good to see Hannah up and doing so much better. Yet there's an ominous remembrance that is yet to unfold.... "but of what she had seen in the darkness after Oskar had gone on ahead of her"

But for now, it's a hero's cheer for Einstein. Even if he "returned" it all later on. :o ( Sorry about the white dining room carpet, Livia - ya should have known better. ) I'm sure he'll be up for repeating the entire event by midday tomorrow. Atta boy!
I agree. I'm sure Einstein thinks it was all worth it, and in spite of the price he paid, would bravely step forward and sacrifice himself again tomorrow if the opportunity arose. :D
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:51 am

Chapter 53: Eli’s Ghost

Link: http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... %99s-ghost

A much darker chapter as Eli’s ghosts come back to haunt her, even as her love for Oskar is strengthened.

EDIT:Thanks to Wolfie's perseverance, the FF and FA area are back up and running!
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Clubmeister

Post by Clubmeister » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:37 pm

Oh... I'm so glad that Fan Fiction is ok now. I began to think about to ask you, Pete, to send me this chapter personally :)
I'm so selfish sometimes :mrgreen:

And as usual, you described perfectly both beautiful and tragic moments.
Some points made me think, that the bomb is the work of competitors, not the Club.
But, from the other hand, in which sphere Archaeogenetics could have such a mad rivals?
And poor Eli, as usual, will blame herself.
The good thing is, - due to Hanna's abilities they all avoided a lot of much worse troubles (if were alive at all :roll: ).
He is looking at me, silently, expectantly, in the near-dark room, neither smiling nor frowning; gaunt as a Belsen child, proud as the Devil, distant and beautiful as a star. [DMt.]

pantsonparade

Post by pantsonparade » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:31 am

Another excellent chapter, I am glad there is some turmoil again. In my opinion though the nice peaceful chapters were still good, they were definitely slower reads compared to those filled with fear and action.

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:52 am

Clubmeister wrote:Oh... I'm so glad that Fan Fiction is ok now. I began to think about to ask you, Pete, to send me this chapter personally :)
I'm so selfish sometimes :mrgreen:

And as usual, you described perfectly both beautiful and tragic moments.
Some points made me think, that the bomb is the work of competitors, not the Club.
But, from the other hand, in which sphere Archaeogenetics could have such a mad rivals?
And poor Eli, as usual, will blame herself.
The good thing is, - due to Hanna's abilities they all avoided a lot of much worse troubles (if were alive at all :roll: ).
Thanks, Clubmeister. Eli WILL blame herself of course. It is, IMO, one of the reasons she remains an innocent. Even JAL hinted at it when he had Eli cry out, "God. God? Why can't I have anything? Why can't I..."And then had her answer her own question, "Because you should be dead." :(

More on this in the next chapter...
pantsonparade wrote:Another excellent chapter, I am glad there is some turmoil again. In my opinion though the nice peaceful chapters were still good, they were definitely slower reads compared to those filled with fear and action.
Thanks, pantsonparade. Turmoil, fear and action are definitely more interesting to the reader, but probably much less so to the characters having to live through them. (That is, if they were real ;) )

Clubmeister

Post by Clubmeister » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:11 pm

I agree with pantsonparade in common, but not in this story, bacause main characters are almost like relatives or friends to me :) So, I like when everything here is calm and boring:D
He is looking at me, silently, expectantly, in the near-dark room, neither smiling nor frowning; gaunt as a Belsen child, proud as the Devil, distant and beautiful as a star. [DMt.]

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:57 am

Chapter 54: Descent into Darkness

Link: http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... t-darkness

Oskar searches for Eli and Hannah betrays his trust.

P.S. Merry Christmas, everyone!

pantsonparade

Post by pantsonparade » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:28 am

I already can't wait for the next chapter, I cannot believe Eli would do that again.

Clubmeister

Post by Clubmeister » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:40 pm

PeteMork wrote: ....P.S. Merry Christmas, everyone!
Same to you!
-------------------
Very exciting chapter. The most tense part is when Oskar was moving slowly through the cave.
Eli, Eli... What happened with you? :(

You know, Pete, how cool it would be, if it was possible to make a fascinating TV series by your trilogy. I'm not a fond of TV series, but this one I'd watched for sure :)

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:59 pm

Chapter 55: Sava’s Promise

Link: http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... 9s-promise

Sava gives them both a piece of his mind, and Hannah is forgiven.

Return to “Fan Fiction”