The Eli Chronicles

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
pantsonparade

Re: The Eli Chronicles

Post by pantsonparade » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:49 pm

Clubmeister wrote:(To chapter-48).
Very eloquently written...
I can't understand, how Adrian could approach to Hanna insensibly? Probably because she was half-sleeping.
My distress about it exceeded the critical mass and "fuse" has snapped. All I could do is sigh and be glad that you finished chapter 49 just to the moment that I finished to read chapter-48. ;)
I didn't understand that at first either, but my interpretation of it was Hannah was just seeking out the minds of people she knew on the island, then after she was done wanted to see what Adrian was up to in Manchester so her mind wondered there. She wasn't expecting him to be on the island so she wasn't looking for him on the island I hope that makes sense.

Clubmeister

Post by Clubmeister » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:27 pm

pantsonparade wrote:... She wasn't expecting him to be on the island so she wasn't looking for him on the island I hope that makes sense.
Yes, perhaps you're right.
He is looking at me, silently, expectantly, in the near-dark room, neither smiling nor frowning; gaunt as a Belsen child, proud as the Devil, distant and beautiful as a star. [DMt.]

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:37 pm

pantsonparade wrote:
Clubmeister wrote:(To chapter-48).
Very eloquently written...
I can't understand, how Adrian could approach to Hanna insensibly? Probably because she was half-sleeping.
My distress about it exceeded the critical mass and "fuse" has snapped. All I could do is sigh and be glad that you finished chapter 49 just to the moment that I finished to read chapter-48. ;)
I didn't understand that at first either, but my interpretation of it was Hannah was just seeking out the minds of people she knew on the island, then after she was done wanted to see what Adrian was up to in Manchester so her mind wondered there. She wasn't expecting him to be on the island so she wasn't looking for him on the island I hope that makes sense.
Yes, that's what I was trying to show; Hannah's mind was somewhere else when Adrian finally approached her, and she was tired. And by the time her focus began to shift to specific threats, it was too late.And after all, she's only 14.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

thestich

Post by thestich » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:04 pm

What HAve YOu DONE TO HANNAH! :x

Well done again Pete!
While wandering here between posts and FF, I am gradually getting convinced, that I haven't seen anywhere more beautiful madness than on this forum. Clubmeister

OutsideLookingIn

Post by OutsideLookingIn » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:11 am

Every chapter leaves me wanting more! Great stuff!
Please don't kill Hannah :cry:
She touched my soul and now I bear her sentence. But, for her love, I'll gladly pay

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:29 am

Chapter 50: Hannah’s Light

Link: http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... %99s-light

Eli has a disagreement with the Sandstrøms, Elaine makes a discovery, and a new vampire may be on the horizon.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Clubmeister

Post by Clubmeister » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:14 pm

Oh! I'm so happy that Hanna is alive! :D Like this dog:
Even if Hanna will become a vampire.
I can imagine this:
Oskar wakes up in the middle of the night and sees a burning hungry eyes before his face. Then he says: "I think I've seen this before" :lol:
He is looking at me, silently, expectantly, in the near-dark room, neither smiling nor frowning; gaunt as a Belsen child, proud as the Devil, distant and beautiful as a star. [DMt.]

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:12 pm

What a chapter! Hannah!! I was glued to the screen from the halfway point on.

Adrian is officially off my holiday card list. And where is my bud, Einstein?

Good job Pete - this is engrossing.

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:42 pm

Oskar wakes up in the middle of the night and sees a burning hungry eyes before his face. Then he says: "I think I've seen this before"
:lol: Oskar needs to just suck it up and quit complaining. After all, perhaps he's got two vampires for the price of one now.

@gkmoberg1: Never fear; Einstein plays a pivotal roll in the chapter after next, which will be tentatively titled "A day in the life..."

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:52 pm

Chapter 51: The Seed

Link: http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... 1-the-seed

Hannah and Oskar have a talk, and Elaine is surprised.

Return to “Fan Fiction”