PeteMork

Re: The Eli Chronicles

Post by PeteMork » Mon May 13, 2013 11:46 pm

Daniel Ether wrote:By the way:

A happy Leprechaunday everybody
http://classiclit.about.com/od/leprecha ... un_Day.htm

:D
:D perfect!
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Tue May 14, 2013 3:46 am

gkmoberg1 wrote:I re-read Einstein Spills the Beans :D This is one of my favorite chapters! And in reading through it again, yet after a long while since last time, I was struck by how well done this story has been built. The characters are so precious and this chapters draws on them all nicely. Hannah, Oscar, Eli, Sara, Jack, and of course my best buddy Einstein provide a lot of good-spirited fun. I, uh, might want to keep the girls out of my kitchen though... :roll: (he says, putting the Anise up on a higher shelf.) but I want to try Eli's famous peanut-butter cookies.
Thanks, GK. I'm glad the characters have seemed consistant over the months. They are quite distinctive in my own mind, but sometimes I have to be carefull, as they do blend together on occasion. But one thing is certain to me now; My own experience (and I'll bet the experience of many other writers) has been that the characters sometimes take on minds of their own and do the most unexpected things. It's almost as though they are really alive. :wub:

I am glad you liked "Einstein Spills the Beans" It was one of the most enjoyable chapters for me to write.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Tue May 14, 2013 8:22 pm

I think I'm going to read forward from this point to the end ....

Yes, I'm living in denial. But I don't want this movie to end :(

EEA

Post by EEA » Tue May 14, 2013 8:51 pm

gkmoberg1 wrote:I think I'm going to read forward from this point to the end ....

But it isn't over yet. Lucy has already invaded the life of the Dawson family. And things will never be the same. :mrgreen:

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Tue May 14, 2013 9:30 pm

EEA wrote:
gkmoberg1 wrote:I think I'm going to read forward from this point to the end ....

But it isn't over yet. Lucy has already invaded the life of the Dawson family. And things will never be the same. :mrgreen:
Lucy had better be careful, or I'll send Sava over to straighten things out. :lol:

But then again, even Sava may be no match for Lucy!

pantsonparade

Post by pantsonparade » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:54 am

I really enjoyed the last chapter, but it's sad it's all over.

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:37 pm

pantsonparade wrote:I really enjoyed the last chapter, but it's sad it's all over.
Thanks! It's sad for me too. :(

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:26 pm

A PDF of "Coming in from the Cold" and "The Dawson Family," now combined into one novel called "Coming in from the Cold" is now available for download:

http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... 0Novel.pdf

A PDF of "The Eli Chronicles" is also available for download:

http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... sFinal.pdf

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:40 am

Chapter 63A: After the dream (or Who’s on First?)

Link: http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... %99s-first

I guess I’m breaking my promise. This is the first of two alternate but fanciful epilogues to my novel. Nothing at all serious going on here. I just had a bit of spare time and a couple of beers to waste (or is it a few spare beers and a bit of time to waste?) I’ll let you decide which one you like best. ;)

Daniel Ether

Post by Daniel Ether » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:02 pm

Awesome news!!! :D
I just read it and it was great fun!
I read the first few sentences and i was like "wait a moment... :think: " and i spent like 10 minutes to check up Elis and Hannahs birthday. So i could remember its in november
so i read on to get it with a big "Ahaaa!". :D
Like i said it was great fun to read. Its such a lighthearted scenery.
And there are so many possibilitys for awesome stories, now in the past and the future from that point ;)

Return to “Fan Fiction”