Life's Memories

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
a_contemplative_life

Re: Life's Memories

Post by a_contemplative_life » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:17 am

Enjoyed reading this, esp. the description of the grandchildrens' interaction with Oskar. Some members of my extended family wound up with Alzheimers, so I have to say it was pretty sad to read about Oskar suffering from it, too. Reaching the end, I'm now intrigued to read further and see what will happen. How could Anton possibly track down the elusive Eli?

Nicro

Post by Nicro » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:18 pm

Yeah my great grandma had Alzheimer's, that where I got the idea from. I wasn't close to her, I was more affected by it through my grandpa who I am close to, and seeing him have to deal with it himself. It's kinda sad that the person with it is bothered the least by it. Most of the time they don't realize they don't realize they have forgotten so much, and it is then their loved ones who have to deal with the person they knew being pretty much gone.
Death changes everything, sweeps everything away. Even mistakes.

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:26 pm

WOW! Your opening chapter packs some very emotional punches. Well done!

Nicro

Post by Nicro » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:03 am

OK. I checked out that "Loves Epitaph" Joint. It was good. This is the second and last part of "Life's Memories". It has an obvious similarity to "Loves Epitaph", but is a bit different. Naturally seeing this similarity I hope that my story is at least of comparable quality in the eyes of the reader. Here it is:

http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancontent/ff/thank-you Link when approved
Death changes everything, sweeps everything away. Even mistakes.

jonjon_z

Post by jonjon_z » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:21 am

Nicro this story is very well written and moving. I enjoyed it tremendously. You can't help but wonder about the when, where and hows but then you realize, that's not the point. This is a very realistic and tragic conception of the story in its' context. Nicely done. :)
"Can we die?" "Of course we can." Eli put his hand on his heart, felt the slow beats. Maybe it was because he was a child. Maybe that was why he hadn't put an end to it. The pangs of conscience were weaker than his will to live.

DMt.

Post by DMt. » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:52 pm

Yes, very strong stuff. To judge by its effect on me and others, you must have paid the price of writing it.

intrige

Post by intrige » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:59 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Sooooo sad! Good story, but so very very sad. My eyes are all wet!
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:27 pm

Beautifully done. I had a lump in my throat as Eli let the connection with her past and link to the future blow away in the wind, leaving her...completely alone. :(
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

jonjon_z

Post by jonjon_z » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:15 pm

I have to add that the 'point' of it all hits you at the very end like an emotional sledgehammer. This got me all choked up. Again, kudos for an exceptional story.
"Can we die?" "Of course we can." Eli put his hand on his heart, felt the slow beats. Maybe it was because he was a child. Maybe that was why he hadn't put an end to it. The pangs of conscience were weaker than his will to live.

thestich

Post by thestich » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:41 pm

OMFG :o

Is this Eli walking away from his humanity because it hurts too much? :x

Very well done and an emotional sledge hammer.

Blurry vision made me stop a couple of times.
While wandering here between posts and FF, I am gradually getting convinced, that I haven't seen anywhere more beautiful madness than on this forum. Clubmeister

Return to “Fan Fiction”