Table Manners

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
Dragonclaws

Table Manners

Post by Dragonclaws » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:34 pm

http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... le-manners

So, this is a little ficlet I wrote almost immediately after seeing the movie. My thoughts were "I love it! I love it! But, seriously, wipe your mouth, kid." I wrote this after thinking about how one would approach Eli about it.
"The human body can be drained of blood in 8.6 seconds given adequate vacuuming systems." --River, Firefly

PeteMork

Re: Table Manners

Post by PeteMork » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:54 am

Dragonclaws wrote:http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... le-manners

So, this is a little ficlet I wrote almost immediately after seeing the movie. My thoughts were "I love it! I love it! But, seriously, wipe your mouth, kid." I wrote this after thinking about how one would approach Eli about it.
Oskar’s apprehension about the possibility of losing a finger or two while cleaning up her messis priceless! :o What bravery! Seriously, you need to give us more of this. Your take on this is very original, and well written. There’s got to be more where that came from. :think: ;)
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:03 am

You painted that scene really well. I liked feeling his determination overcoming his unease at approaching her with the washcloth. I mean, who could possibly do that but her Oskar? Yet, even with that in hand I like the tension level and the uncertainty over exactly what might happen or what he thinks is going on inside that clenched, closed, red mouth.

I also liked all the little bits that drew me in and made me wonder what might going on in the larger picture. For example, what is Oskar up to by picking at the wall, is there something more to it than perhaps boredom? I'm left wanting to know more :)

Thanks for this. Please drop more "ficlets" when you can, dragonclaws!

Dragonclaws

Post by Dragonclaws » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:19 pm

I'm glad you liked it. Perhaps "ficlet" is the wrong word, but it seems too short to be a short story. I don't know.
PeteMork wrote:Seriously, you need to give us more of this. Your take on this is very original, and well written. There’s got to be more where that came from. :think: ;)
More of Oskar cleaning Eli's mouth? I'm not really sure what more I can say. I would think Eli would at least make an effort to clean up after that.
gkmoberg1 wrote: I also liked all the little bits that drew me in and made me wonder what might going on in the larger picture. For example, what is Oskar up to by picking at the wall, is there something more to it than perhaps boredom? I'm left wanting to know more :)
That is boredom, a bit of disrespect for societal rules, and a way to illustrate how he feels uncomfortable just stopping somewhere so Eli can feed rather than settling down somewhere (if it was his wall, he could do whatever he wanted with it). Sorry, that's it.
"The human body can be drained of blood in 8.6 seconds given adequate vacuuming systems." --River, Firefly

Clubmeister

Post by Clubmeister » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:40 am

Hi, Dragonclaws !
I've read this little story by recommendation of gk. (I would read it anyway earlyer or later, but unfortunately, it was only on second page of section).
May be sounds rather strange, but after reading this story I have cheered up :)
He is looking at me, silently, expectantly, in the near-dark room, neither smiling nor frowning; gaunt as a Belsen child, proud as the Devil, distant and beautiful as a star. [DMt.]

Return to “Fan Fiction”