A New Life - fan fiction by metoo

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
metoo

A New Life - fan fiction by metoo

Post by metoo » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:12 pm

This thread was created for announcing, commenting and discussing the fan fiction written by me, metoo. Originally I created one thread per contribution, but I've asked Wolfchild to merge the various threads into this one. All postings that were made to the single threads have been moved here. Further on, I will post to this thread when I add new fan fiction.

My first piece of fan fiction is called Ett nytt liv. There is a translation into English, A New Life.

I wrote it to learn what might have made Oskar to leave his mother to instead go with Eli. This is my take on this subject.

Chronologically, it fits just before the epilogue of the novel.

I've tried to keep true to the world that was created by JAL for his novel. I believe an essential quality of John Ajvide Lindqvist’s work is that he makes just tiny deviations from the reality were we all live our daily lives. This enhances the contrast, and increases the weirdness and horror of the events that unfold in his books. Less is more.

Enjoy!
Last edited by metoo on Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:48 am, edited 9 times in total.
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

intrige

Re: A New Life (Ett nytt liv)

Post by intrige » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:20 pm

in Swedish? :) Nah, I just saw that you live in Sweden, so I supose so.. haha. Did Wolfchild allow this? Last time I heared something about it, Wolfie wanted everything to be in english?? O.o Or,, something like it..I don't know..
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

metoo

Hosting Guests (Att hysa gäster)

Post by metoo » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:10 pm

Here's my second piece of fan fiction, Att hysa gäster, and a translation into English, Hosting Guests.

I wrote it to learn what happened Oskar and Eli the first days in Karlstad. This is my take on this subject.

Chronologically, it fits right after JAL's epilogue to the epilogue, Let the Old dreams Die. I would say reading my piece will not spoil Let the Old dreams Die the least.

I've tried to keep true to the world that was created by JAL for his novel. I believe an essential quality of John Ajvide Lindqvist’s work is that he makes just tiny deviations from the reality were we all live our daily lives. This enhances the contrast, and increases the weirdness and horror of the events that unfold in his books. Less is more.

Enjoy!
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

metoo

Hunter's Exam (Jägarexamen)

Post by metoo » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:12 pm

Here's my third piece of fan fiction, Jägarexamen, and a translation into English, Hunter's Exam.

I wrote it to learn what happened when Oskar went for his first hunt.

Chronologically, it fits after my piece Att ha gäster/Hosting Guests.

An explanation for non-Swedes, regarding the title: In Sweden, in order to be allowed to obtain a weapon license and to hunt, you need to pass a hunter's exam (jägarexamen). This exam checks that the prospective hunter has knowledge about the regulations, handles his gun in a safe way, is able to judge when to and not to try shooting, and of course tries his shooting abilities.

Enjoy!
Last edited by metoo on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:21 am, edited 8 times in total.

intrige

Re: Hunter's Exam (Jägarexamen)

Post by intrige » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:26 pm

This bugs me off!! You donæt link anything, and nothing comes ut at the FF uploading earia.. Where can I thind it? And read it?? DXDX

metoo

Raven Flight (Korpflykt)

Post by metoo » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:15 pm

Here's my my fourth piece of fan fiction, Korpflykt, and a translation into English, Raven Flight.

I wrote it to investigate how it would be to learn to fly, as well as to see what the teacher - student relation between Eli and Oskar would be like during Oskar's freshman year of vampirehood.

Chronologically, it fits about a year after my contribution Jägarexamen/Hunter's Exam.

I have written a posting about Eli's flying ability. There I hinted at writing this piece, and to use the title Wings of Love. Since the love theme didn't turn out very prominent, I changed the title. The new title alludes at the acrobatic mating flight of ravens. I imagined Eli and Oskar doing something similar.

Some trivia: In this piece, the Swedish singer Anita Lindblom is mentioned. Here's a nice video of her performing the song that is mentioned. I really love her voice! And check out her canines, she looks a little vampirish, doesn't she?

Enjoy!
Last edited by metoo on Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jonjon_z

Re: Hunter's Exam (Jägarexamen)

Post by jonjon_z » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:15 pm

I think he was awaiting approval from Wolfchild correct? But if you were able to upload it then you should have the FF account so you can still post a link.
"Can we die?" "Of course we can." Eli put his hand on his heart, felt the slow beats. Maybe it was because he was a child. Maybe that was why he hadn't put an end to it. The pangs of conscience were weaker than his will to live.

Wolfchild

Re: Raven Flight (Korpflykt)

Post by Wolfchild » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:44 am

“We are two humans who have been thrown out of humanity, but won each other.”
Very nice.

I've been feeling guilty that I really didn't see way to moderate fan fiction på svenska. This line kind of made me glad that I seem to have forced you translate it into English, and that makes me feel even guiltier. :oops:
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

jonjon_z

Re: Raven Flight (Korpflykt)

Post by jonjon_z » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:51 am

I'm beginning to see metoo is a very good writer and I'm getting anxious to see his work. :)
"Can we die?" "Of course we can." Eli put his hand on his heart, felt the slow beats. Maybe it was because he was a child. Maybe that was why he hadn't put an end to it. The pangs of conscience were weaker than his will to live.

intrige

Re: A New Life (Ett nytt liv)

Post by intrige » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:35 am

Now I have read it. Well written, I like how childish Oskar and Eli are about the vampire thing. Even though it's a very serous topic for them.

I shall read the next part when I can, in mabye 10 hours or so ^ ^

Return to “Fan Fiction”