Meeting of the Minds

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
PeteMork

Re: Meeting of the Minds

Post by PeteMork » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:34 pm

gkmoberg1 wrote:I bought a copy of LMI today. Once I get to watch it I'll re-read this. Looking forward to it! It was fun the first time through but I suspect there's a ton of little details and barbs that sail right by me at present.
I've noticed that a lot of the differences between LMI and LTROI being pointed out in the recent LMI threads are ones I was particularly fond of in this little tale. And Nicro might be interested too, since this one ends up in Albuquerque. :D
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

the_value_of_x

Post by the_value_of_x » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:58 pm

“That’s why I love you so much, Abby!! It’s your access to excess that won my heart!!” He pressed his excessively rosy cheek against the trunk. “Watching you needlessly rend that detective into chunks consummated my love for you!!!!!”
This.

"If you can do a half-assed job of anything, you're a one-eyed man in a kingdom of the blind."
~Kurt Vonnegut

Nicro

Post by Nicro » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:34 pm

PeteMork wrote: And Nicro might be interested too, since this one ends up in Albuquerque. :D

Yay!!
Death changes everything, sweeps everything away. Even mistakes.

Cthulhuthanos

Post by Cthulhuthanos » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:37 am

Ha! satire, I love it. I have yet to see Let Me In, but I have spoiled all the necessary information about it. Question, does Abby really grow wings in 'Let Me In'?

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:17 am

Cthulhuthanos wrote:Ha! satire, I love it. I have yet to see Let Me In, but I have spoiled all the necessary information about it. Question, does Abby really grow wings in 'Let Me In'?
I honestly can't remember. I guess I'll have to watch it again to find out.

Anyone else remember?
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Drakeule

Post by Drakeule » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:55 am

No wings.

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:03 am

No wings that we see. We hear them only, such as when she departs from the hospital window ledge.

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:25 am

gkmoberg1 wrote:No wings that we see. We hear them only, such as when she departs from the hospital window ledge.
True enough. We also hear them clearly in the final pool scene, after Owen breaks the surface.

Cthulhuthanos

Post by Cthulhuthanos » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:01 pm

Hold up, I had a revelation. Try to follow me on this one guys, but what if Abby doesn't have wings at all. What if she's just flapping a coat around her arms really, really fast like? If not a coat, then a large white towel?

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:18 pm

Cthulhuthanos wrote:Hold up, I had a revelation. Try to follow me on this one guys, but what if Abby doesn't have wings at all. What if she's just flapping a coat around her arms really, really fast like? If not a coat, then a large white towel?
:D Sounds like a great beginning to a LMI FF. Now all we have to do is find someone to write it. ;)

Return to “Fan Fiction”