Meeting of the Minds

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
Cthulhuthanos

Re: Meeting of the Minds

Post by Cthulhuthanos » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:34 pm

I'm actually in the process of writing a quick, humorous, short.

SpartanAltego

Post by SpartanAltego » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:48 am

A little late to the party, but I wanted to throw in my own praise for this very humorous what-if. I was a little worried that the potshots would be somewhat one-sided against LMI, but while it's clear there is a preference for Eli and Oskar it's not so overwhelming as to seem spiteful. And there's one line in particular that actually made me burst out into laughter:

"We don't discuss politics here," Oskar said evenly. "Wolfchild won't let us."

I guess it's never too early in the morning to get a good laugh. Thanks for the tale, PeteMork.
"The dark is patient, and it always wins. But its weakness lies in its strength: a single candle is enough to hold it at bay. Love is more than a candle. Love can ignite the stars." - Matthew Stover

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:03 pm

SpartanAltego wrote:A little late to the party, but I wanted to throw in my own praise for this very humorous what-if. I was a little worried that the potshots would be somewhat one-sided against LMI, but while it's clear there is a preference for Eli and Oskar it's not so overwhelming as to seem spiteful. And there's one line in particular that actually made me burst out into laughter:

"We don't discuss politics here," Oskar said evenly. "Wolfchild won't let us."

I guess it's never too early in the morning to get a good laugh. Thanks for the tale, PeteMork.
Why, thank you! It was great fun to write. Especially while in the midst of the great LTROI - LMI debate raging on the forum at the time.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:13 pm

Great fun! I'm glad I'm only reading it now. A bit late, but there is just so much good stuff on the forum!
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:13 am

Really great fun.Not the first time I've read it.Loved it then love it now.I really enjoyed the banter between Abby and Eli it was really funny.I hope Eli and Oscar didn't surprise you when you got home.I guess if they had I wouldn't be posting this.haha.Really enjoyed it. :D
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:42 am

[Bump] Just in case any of our new inspired writers missed this simple convergence of 'Let the Right One In' and "Let me in" :D
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Return to “Fan Fiction”