In Strictest Confidence - A Happier Kind of Story...

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
preythestars

Re: In Strictest Confidence - A Happier Kind of Story...

Post by preythestars » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:53 am

While I don't tend to like most fan fiction, no matter the franchise, I very much enjoyed this. LTROI was such an intensely emotional experience for me, and therefore had the mindset that no fan fiction could possibly be acceptable or remotely come close, but this is about as close as possible to my own romanticized ideal of their fates together. Nowhere near the sappyness I was expecting from your own description at the beginning. I don't know if you're planning to or not, but I would love to see the story expanded more in the future.

Clubmeister

Post by Clubmeister » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:47 pm

Many times I was going to write a reply, but each time something interrupted me. :)
I like this little story very, VERY much. It's so nice and cute, that cheers me up each time I read it. The feelings from reading like when you sink into a warm bath :D
And worries go away...
He is looking at me, silently, expectantly, in the near-dark room, neither smiling nor frowning; gaunt as a Belsen child, proud as the Devil, distant and beautiful as a star. [DMt.]

SpartanAltego

Post by SpartanAltego » Sun May 27, 2018 7:28 pm

jellmoo wrote:
Thu May 20, 2010 4:03 am
Hi all,

Well, after writing a dark and twisted story that soured my mouth a little, and then reading several other similarly dark pieces of fan fiction, I felt the need to try writing something a little less tragic.

This is a small pair of monologues from both Eli and Oskar, where they just vent out some of what they are thinking and feeling. I wanted it to be tame, sweet and even a little cheesy. Hopefully I'll get a smile or two out of this one. ;)

Thanks!

http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... confidence
This was a refreshingly sweet, oddly sincere piece of storytelling. Our two boys felt quite like children in their choices of gifts, if not necessarily in their advanced level of thinking during their soliloquies. It also receives a golden star for introducing me to the concept of a vampire potato. I positively squealed with glee at that line.

Well done!
"The dark is patient, and it always wins. But its weakness lies in its strength: a single candle is enough to hold it at bay. Love is more than a candle. Love can ignite the stars." - Matthew Stover

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Mon May 28, 2018 3:01 am

How lovely.A vampire potatoe. :wub:
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Mon May 28, 2018 8:26 am

Ah, Jellmoo, whither art thou gone?
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Wed May 30, 2018 4:50 am

I miss him too. I had almost forgotten this little gem. :D
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Return to “Fan Fiction”