DMt.

Re: My Very First Story - Never Again

Post by DMt. » Thu May 20, 2010 8:42 pm

:lol:

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Thu May 20, 2010 10:19 pm

jellmoo wrote:
DMt. wrote:Man, just obey your Muse, don't get hung up on all that.
That's what I try and do! But my Muse is fickle, and demands ice cream!
Mine often demands blutwurst and beer. :D
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

jellmoo

Post by jellmoo » Thu May 20, 2010 10:21 pm

sauvin wrote:
jellmoo wrote:
Aw man... your Muse is so much cooler than mine!
---
At one point, we have all been both the monster and the victim.
Time will tell for which you will be remembered.

lombano

Post by lombano » Sun May 23, 2010 1:55 am

Grim piece, but good. I'm inclined to think that Oskar would have had an inkling of what paying the rent consisted of, but I think it's something that would have been like a suspicion at the back of his mind. Then again, I don't actually know any twelve-year-olds.

sauvin wrote:
jellmoo wrote:
Mine demands blood, so I'm wearing a Band-Aid and my plans for the rest of my piece are in serious disarray...
Bli mig lite.

DMt.

Post by DMt. » Wed May 26, 2010 10:48 am

Lombo, Lombo, you don't really have to write in blood, you know, it's only a metaphor, man... :roll:

But if you really must, remember to add some anticoagulant. That dip pen will clog up in no time, otherwise.

lombano

Post by lombano » Thu May 27, 2010 9:20 pm

Actually I accidentally cut myself and hence the blood and the band-aid. But shortly afterwards I had new ideas for my piece...
Bli mig lite.

Kaizarc

Post by Kaizarc » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:14 pm

Wow, I read this yesterday and it was quite a piece of work. It's been on my mind for a while. It brings up so many questions. Mostly though If Eli would actually do something like this?
Oskar definitely changed Eli in a way I'm not sure I'll ever know. She's becomes emotional to the point of being seen by an entire group of kids and killing in front of them to rescue Oskar. She didn't care if she was caught, reported or whatever. Throwing any rules she's had to live by to the wind. All she had in mind was Oskar. It's something I'm sure she would have never done for anybody in the past.

Then I'm reminded of Eli's talk with Hakan; the bartering scene. Where Hakan wants to spend the night with Eli in trade for a kill but Eli flat out says no to being touched like that. She understands what he wants. I believe this scene is to show that Eli has had experiences like this in the past. Experiences where maybe she couldn't say no and had to "Hit back. Hard" and ones where maybe she had to say yes. It's very upsetting for me to think about.
After the credits role maybe she feels some responsibility for Oskar. Taking him away from his parents like some boogieman or monster from a fairy tale would. I'm sure with her self image she might feel this way from time to time. Maybe this fanfic could be a way to counter those feelings. Doing something only she can in order to protect Oskar and hopefully never expose him to this side of the world she lives in.

I really do appreciate this darker side of fan fiction and hopefully I can find some more but not tonight. I read love's epitaph before writing this and uh I don't think I can handle any more heartbreak :(

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:37 am

Kaizarc wrote:...I really do appreciate this darker side of fan fiction and hopefully I can find some more but not tonight. I read love's epitaph before writing this and uh I don't think I can handle any more heartbreak :(
Welcome to the WTI forum, Kaizarc! I tried to relate Love's Epitaph to a friend at work who had seen LTROI. When I got to the Rubik's cube and the note with Morse code, I got choked up and had to compose myself in order to go on.

I sometimes think that fan fiction writers -- myself among them -- sometimes have to write dark stories just to get them done with so they can go on with fan fics that cleave more to the sweet core of the tale.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Return to “Fan Fiction”