The Dawson Family

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
rgh

Re: The Dawson Family

Post by rgh » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:16 am

God of Vampires wrote: At the end of all this, just one things left to say; Eli, I love you, and yeah, I will try to treat you better in my fanfiction from now on ;)
It kills me every time I read another story where Eli is tormented and makes me happy when she can have a happy ending. (Sort of makes me feel a bit goofy :oops: ) How on earth did I get so attached to a fictional character? :think:

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:09 am

God of Vampires wrote: I can see before my eyes the children of Oskar and Eli, angelic, with wings and all ;)
I have to admit, It would be interesting to see how such children would play together, wouldn’t it? I can just see Eli and Oskar chasing them through the neighborhood like a flock of birds. The punishment, “You’re all grounded!” would take on a whole new meaning. :lol:
God of Vampires wrote: When the researchers mentioned that they would "restore" Eli from the damage caused by Gudmund's father, I though you meant turning her into a boy again, what would Oskar think of that :lol: (Probably he would not care ;) ) . But how are making her into a true girl "restoring" Eli? Its more like the Törnkvist family are responsible of actually making Eli into a girl now ;) .

At the end of all this, just one things left to say; Eli, I love you, and yeah, I will try to treat you better in my fanfiction from now on ;)
I hadn’t remembered Johathan or Gudmund ever using the term “restore,”so I did a quick check, but I couldn’t find it. However, I did find the following:
Jonathan wrote: And now, with your permission, and Eli’s of course, we’re going to make her whole again.
and
Gudmund wrote: she is the key to Eli’s final completion; the undoing of everything evil that was done to her by my father.
Just ambiguous enough, I think. And since Eli wanted to be a girl (at least in my stories) It was the least they could do to ‘undo’ the evil that was done to her. :think:
rgh wrote:It kills me every time I read another story where Eli is tormented and makes me happy when she can have a happy ending. (Sort of makes me feel a bit goofy :oops: ) How on earth did I get so attached to a fictional character? :think:

It beats me. But the more I write about her the worse it gets for me. I’ve even become attached to Hannah, but that’s probably because she looks so much like Eli. :D ;)
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

DMt.

Post by DMt. » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:56 am

rgh wrote: How on earth did I get so attached to a fictional character? :think:
Beats me too...perhaps because s/he represents some part of us all...?

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:07 pm

DMt. wrote:
rgh wrote: How on earth did I get so attached to a fictional character? :think:
Beats me too...perhaps because s/he represents some part of us all...?
Perhaps that's it. But I'm not sure that would explain why I feel the irresistable urge to give Eli a happy life in virtually all my FF. I'm sure it must get boring to you all after a while, but the two short stories I wrote depicting Eli's awful life before Oskar came into his life, were not very satisfying to write. I felt like I was beating my dog or something. :( I feel like I have to protect Eli and somehow make up for all the terrible things that have happened in his life, caused first by the wigged man, and continued for over 200 years by ignorant, superstious fellow human beings, who, with a relatively minor effort, at least in this modern world, could end his suffering forever with a small blood bank.

Sauvin is actually responsible for my latest "Oskar at 18." He's one of the few here who really takes on Eli's and Oskar's dark side head on, with great enthusiasm, regardless of the grim realities thus exposed. I leave that aspect of their lives to him. I really can't bear to write about it myself, as much as I realize it is a far more likely outcome for them than my simpy, through the rose-colored glasses approach. But I simply can't help it. ;)
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

DMt.

Post by DMt. » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:45 pm

If there is a Cold Hard Awful Truth, my lord Morkus, then there is surely a Warm Soft Blissful Truth also. It grieves me to see you thus apologise for your naturally gentle and amiable proclivities.

Since ACL, Sauvin and others are indeed doing a wonderful job with the Awful Truth, why not obey your kindly Muse and persist with the Blissful one?

Oh! That's what you are doing!

Well, then...er...excuse me, I think the phone is ringing :oops:

rgh

Post by rgh » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:39 pm

PeteMork wrote: Perhaps that's it. But I'm not sure that would explain why I feel the irresistable urge to give Eli a happy life in virtually all my FF. I'm sure it must get boring to you all after a while, but the two short stories I wrote depicting Eli's awful life before Oskar came into his life, were not very satisfying to write. I felt like I was beating my dog or something. :( I feel like I have to protect Eli and somehow make up for all the terrible things that have happened in his life, caused first by the wigged man, and continued for over 200 years by ignorant, superstious fellow human beings, who, with a relatively minor effort, at least in this modern world, could end his suffering forever with a small blood bank.

Sauvin is actually responsible for my latest "Oskar at 18." He's one of the few here who really takes on Eli's and Oskar's dark side head on, with great enthusiasm, regardless of the grim realities thus exposed. I leave that aspect of their lives to him. I really can't bear to write about it myself, as much as I realize it is a far more likely outcome for them than my simpy, through the rose-colored glasses approach. But I simply can't help it. ;)
I have enjoyed the fact that your stories have managed to bring Eli and Oskar happiness together while being well written entertainment. Keep it up.

intrige

Post by intrige » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:13 am

I just used all night reading the peoilog! I understand it have been here for a long time! And writing has been added while I have not been fallowing.

Man you can write!! And so much, I used hours just to tew it! I feel like using big words, but I don't have them.THIS IS SO DAMN GOOD, TO BAD IT HAD TO END. But the end was in a good time and place :D
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:50 am

rgh wrote:I have enjoyed the fact that your stories have managed to bring Eli and Oskar happiness together while being well written entertainment. Keep it up.
Thanks. Right now, I'm trying to come up with a new starting point, but all the good ideas are already taken... :think:
intrige wrote:I just used all night reading the peoilog! I understand it have been here for a long time! And writing has been added while I have not been fallowing.

Man you can write!! And so much, I used hours just to tew it! I feel like using big words, but I don't have them.THIS IS SO GOOD, TO BAD IT HAD TO END. But the end was in a good time and place :D
These words were definitely big enough. ;) Thank you so much, intrige. I’m glad you enjoyed it.
Last edited by PeteMork on Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

intrige

Post by intrige » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:59 pm

Hey mabye you can come in when Eli is pregnat? :D
or at least grown up, the weddingday?

Aaand: You're welcome :D
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

DMt.

Post by DMt. » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:55 pm

PeteMork wrote:Right now, I'm trying to come up with a new starting point, but all the good ideas are already taken... :think:
The fact that El Lombo and I both came up independently with the notion of certain tears having unconsidered properties prevented neither of us from exploring it in our own way. We are, after all, working on a borrowed theme in any case; so I had no scruple about using ACL's blood-sharing or Lombo's pinkish tears, and other interesting notions like vampiric telepathy are already common property.

Return to “Fan Fiction”