The Dawson Family

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
PeteMork

Re: The Dawson Family

Post by PeteMork » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:08 pm

Daniel Ether wrote:Wow! I haven't had much time to read in the last few days so i am only at chapter 20 of "The Dawson Family" yet. First my plans were to write in the thread when i am done reading but i cant wait anymore! THIS IS AWESOME! :D
EEA wrote:You are going to enjoy reading The Dawson Family a lot then. :)
like EEA predicted, i LOVE it! The Other One :shock: , Elaine :wub: and everybody! And I am realy happy for the Professor because i always felt sorry for him because he had lost so much.
First i was a little sad that i could not by part of the active discusion because you wrote the chapters like over two years ago :( but then i realized: i can read the whole thing at once if i have time enough. i cant even imagine how hard it must be to wait for the next chapter after such cliffhangers as in "The Dawson Family" :D
I'm glad you're enjoying it! But don't worry about missing out on the discussion. Feel free to ask any questions, or make any comments you like. I'll be happy to respond.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Daniel Ether

Post by Daniel Ether » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:34 pm

So here i am now... finished reading "The Dawson Family" and it finaly happend...
I don't know more superlative to describe how much i love this story!!! :D
Wow Pete! What a great, great story!!! All the characteres, Elain, Hanna, Gudmund; how things turned out with Elain, and the other one, and how eli found hanna... and everything else :D
like i wrote in my post on "coming in from the cold" i really have the tendency to care, maybe a little to much, for fictive charachters, like they are the ideas of real people.
so im even more happy what an awesome happy end "the dawson family" has :wub:
But the BEST thing is that i can right now stard with "The Eli chronicles" :D
So thanks again Pete! You wrote an other really marvelous Story
I wonder if there really IS something supernatural about hanna :think: hmmm... i will find out ;)

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:25 pm

Daniel Ether wrote:So here i am now... finished reading "The Dawson Family" and it finaly happend...
I don't know more superlative to describe how much i love this story!!! :D
Wow Pete! What a great, great story!!! All the characteres, Elain, Hanna, Gudmund; how things turned out with Elain, and the other one, and how eli found hanna... and everything else :D
like i wrote in my post on "coming in from the cold" i really have the tendency to care, maybe a little to much, for fictive charachters, like they are the ideas of real people.
so im even more happy what an awesome happy end "the dawson family" has :wub:
But the BEST thing is that i can right now stard with "The Eli chronicles" :D
So thanks again Pete! You wrote an other really marvelous Story
You're welcome! A few new characters appear in "The Eli Chronicles" as their journey continues; a few good guys, a few bad guys, and even a few very unlucky ones.There are 'magic' potions, secret islands, and new relationships. (After all, the "Eli Chronicles" alone is over 250,000 words and growing. :shock: ) Little did I realize how far out of control it would become when I began...
Daniel Ether wrote:I wonder if there really IS something supernatural about hanna :think: hmmm... i will find out ;)
The jury is still out on this question. ;)
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Clubmeister

Post by Clubmeister » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:25 am

PeteMork wrote:...Little did I realize how far out of control it would become when I began...
:lol:
Now, this story is already outside any criticism and praise.
It's just too cool :)
He is looking at me, silently, expectantly, in the near-dark room, neither smiling nor frowning; gaunt as a Belsen child, proud as the Devil, distant and beautiful as a star. [DMt.]

Daniel Ether

Post by Daniel Ether » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:01 pm

Clubmeister wrote:
PeteMork wrote:...Little did I realize how far out of control it would become when I began...
:lol:
Now, this story is already outside any criticism and praise.
It's just too cool :)
:D
oooh... if i just could draw better i would make fanart from this fanfiction! it would be... like... fan-ception! :D

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:35 pm

A PDF of "Coming in from the Cold" and "The Dawson Family," now combined into one novel called "Coming in from the Cold" is now available for download:

http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... 0Novel.pdf

A PDF of "The Eli Chronicles" is also available for download:

http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... sFinal.pdf

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:21 am

Link to discussion of "Coming in from the Cold" Part one of the first of two novels about Oskar and Eli after the end of LTROI
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=951
Link to discussion of "The Dawson Family" Part two of the first novel.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1199

Link to discussion of "The Eli Chronicles" The second of two novels, from where you can download the complete PDFs of both books. You can then read the books while following along with the discussions, which are still accessible.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3417

If any of the rest of you FF writers have posted PDFs of their stories on the site, this is a good workaround.

Return to “Fan Fiction”