Once Bitten

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
Crow-453

Re: Once Bitten

Post by Crow-453 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:18 am

Well, I just finished reading it, and I was very impressed! I was drawn to it when JAL himself praised the scene where Oskar has to empty his guts in order to complete the transformation, and it most certainly did not disappoint!

I'll admit, it wouldn't have been my personal choice to only include the vampire lord who Sired Eli as a very brief appearance. I had always imagined that, were he still around, he would be the Big Bad of the story he appeared in. However, in "Once Bitten", it works perfectly. In the context of the story, it makes perfect sense to portray him as this dessicated shell of a creature, as it means that Eli's able to make a start at healing much easier than if her Sire had been this big threat to them.

All in all, a truly fantastic work! I'm going to be moving onto reading your other stuff now, a_c_l!

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:00 am

I am glad you enjoyed it, and hope you like the others as well. I am trying to motivate myself to write something new--maybe over the holidays...

Enly

Post by Enly » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:37 pm

I'm from Russia, I know English is not very good. On the Russian sites is almost no work in this fandom. But in an embrace with a translator I finished reading the story.

What confused:
transformation procedure (treatment) Oscar differs from that described in the book. Or I not correctly translated
And as I understand it, Oscar and Eli become plenikami (prisoners) authorities. Without the right to leave the house.

What we liked:
The size. Very large fanfic. I love big fanfiction)
Interesting story. Bored were not

The author thanks a lot!
You can throw links to other work of a large size, and interesting? Inter Especially if someone tried to describe the events after "Let the old dreams die?"

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:01 am

Enly! Welcome! As you have no doubt found, this is an international forum, although we post in English. We throw in a few Swedish words now and again, but we only have a few Swedish members.

I'm glad you mentioned post-LTODD fan fiction. "Set Me as a Seal upon Your Heart" is a long fan fiction that begins about 15 months after Eli turns Oskar when they get to Karlstad. They travelled south to Gothenburg and then back north to Orebro, where Part 1 begins. But you'll see. The five parts bring them from May 1983 to December 1983.

Because I only read the novel three years after I saw the film, Oskar and Eli are like Kåre and Lina, not as the kids are portrayed in the book. Mr. Ávila is much younger (as he is in the film) and is the only teacher who takes an interest in Oskar. I borrow at times from the book (like Eli's age) and from other fan fictions, like the emptying out of everything described in a_c_l's marvelous story. I model the vampire Rakel (not named in the book) on gkmoberg1's short story, "Kristina." It's either plagiarism or homage. I prefer to call it homage. :D

You asked for links to longer stories. Here is "Set Me as a Seal" in five parts. I'm in process of writing part 6, with a LOT OF HELP from other forum members, who make great suggestions and who keep me from straying off track.

I hope you enjoy it. Your enthusiasm for Låt den rätte komma in fits in so well here! :wub:

http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... art-part-1
http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... art-part-2
http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... art-part-3
http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... art-part-4
http://let-the-right-one-in.com/fancont ... art-part-5
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:30 am

Enly wrote:I'm from Russia, I know English is not very good. On the Russian sites is almost no work in this fandom. But in an embrace with a translator I finished reading the story.

What confused:
transformation procedure (treatment) Oscar differs from that described in the book. Or I not correctly translated
And as I understand it, Oscar and Eli become plenikami (prisoners) authorities. Without the right to leave the house.

What we liked:
The size. Very large fanfic. I love big fanfiction)
Interesting story. Bored were not

The author thanks a lot!
You can throw links to other work of a large size, and interesting? Inter Especially if someone tried to describe the events after "Let the old dreams die?"
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

Not sure what you mean by Oskar's transformation procedure/treatment. If you mean his turning, yes I agree it was a bit different from what was described in the novel with Virginia.

Yes, Oskar and Eli are confined at the end of the story. Although I have thought from time to time about writing another sequel that involves their escape...

All of the fan fiction (well, at least a lot of it) is indexed. The indices start here:

http://www.let-the-right-one-in.com/for ... =12&t=8291

There are a few other super-long FF's here. The ones that I most clearly recall are Pete Mork's Coming in from the Cold, and The Dawson Family. Hope this helps.

Enly

Post by Enly » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:12 am

"dongregg"

And you greetings!
I think I read fanfic on your links. Thank you
The fact that an international forum, I understood :)

"a_contemplative_life"
Thank you for the greetings!
Yes, I mean the changes that have taken place with Virginia.

I think that they were not able to live in captivity for a long time. So the idea to write a sequel (sekiel) sounds good.
Thanks for the links :)

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:58 pm

a_contemplative_life wrote:Although I have thought from time to time about writing another sequel that involves their escape...
:shock: ... OMG!

Do want!

If any of your wonderful fanfiction needs a sequel it is this one. I think I might have mentioned once or twice that I didn't exactly appreciate Eli and Oskar living happily ever after in captivity. A sequel where they escape their comfortable prison would be more than welcome. No pressure :D .

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:34 am

Jameron wrote:
a_contemplative_life wrote:Although I have thought from time to time about writing another sequel that involves their escape...

Do want!

If any of your wonderful fanfiction needs a sequel it is this one. I think I might have mentioned once or twice that I didn't exactly appreciate Eli and Oskar living happily ever after in captivity. A sequel where they escape their comfortable prison would be more than welcome. No pressure :D .

Yeah, I just need a plot...that's the problem. Maybe combine it with zombie apocalypse story where all the guards die off from a zombie virus? :twisted:

Enly

Post by Enly » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:52 am

a_contemplative_life wrote:
Jameron wrote:

Do want!

Yeah, I just need a plot...that's the problem. Maybe combine it with zombie apocalypse story where all the guards die off from a zombie virus? :twisted:
Or maybe you do not get a zombie?)
It sounds like a new season of "The Walking Dead" :D

intrige

Post by intrige » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:15 pm

Or Rørelsen.
Suddenly, they find themselves out on the field with a bunch of campers!!
:D !!!!

No but seriously.

I always had an idea of Oskar and Eli having a following of people that they have met and not killed on tumblr. Hehheee. And they have this community blog where people send in how they met them and survived. Some of them are really bland, like: They followed me somewhere hand in hand, and then they just walked away. Or, I saw them hanging around the mall where I live for a while playing. But others are more interesting.

"I was being bullied on my way home from soccer practice during the evening and they killed them all, except me. The blond one said he had been bullied, and said and I quote: "You're welcome.""

"I am gay and walked with a rainbow headband on my way home from a bar and I got attacked by a bunch of dudes than these two little kids came and killed them all. They said they were biologically both boys loved each other and that I should stay strong. And not to tell the police."

"I was kidnapped on the streets when I was a kid and I was almost raped, but they came and killed the men involved and flew me back home. They told me to never say what had happened, and that it wasn't my fault."

"I got lost in the woods when I was a kid and they invited me to rest with them in a cave, they had a bonfire and told me stories about their lives and they told me where to go when the sun arose, when I woke up they were gone. I did hear purring from deep within the cave though, must have been a few cats. I made it home safely."

I mean this could be a thing. RIGHT?
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

Return to “Fan Fiction”