Once Bitten

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
dongregg

Re: Once Bitten

Post by dongregg » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:51 am

Right, Eik, this could be a thing. Let's see what folks come up with. :D

P.S.: If they're funny, they could go in Clubmeister's little Funny Fictions!

"You're what? You kill people and drink their blood? Ha ha ha! Oh, that's too funny."
"Oh yeah? Let's see how you laugh once we get these stupid wings folded up and out of the way."
"Er, by the way, the blood bank won't let me contribute, so maybe you want to think about it."
"What's wrong with your blood?"
"Nothing. It's just in the U.S., they won't take blood from you if you're not gender binary or something."
"Ha ha! The joke's on you, boychik! We aren't gender binary, either!"
"Oh well, while you fiddle with your bat capes or whatever they are, I'll just step into this tanning salon. See ya!"
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

intrige

Post by intrige » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:49 am

I see what you're trying to convey!

Buut..
Gender binary is the concept of only two genders, male and female, bi means two, a binary code for computers consist of only two numbers, 1 and 0. If anything Eli is outside the gender binary because he is gender neutral, in my eyes, and Oskar who clearly identifies as a boy is within it. If you want to refer to their sexualities, it is called orientation or sexual and/or romantic orientation. If anyone is anything but straight a common reclaimed word for it all is queer.

Do you guys want me to have a 101 on these kinds of things? Just to clear things up? I can do that!

Buut your contribution was funny anyhow!! A for effort dongregg :D
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:59 am

intrige wrote:I see what you're trying to convey!

Buut..
Gender binary is the concept of only two genders, male and female, bi means two, a binary code for computers consist of only two numbers, 1 and 0. If anything Eli is outside the gender binary because he is gender neutral, in my eyes, and Oskar who clearly identifies as a boy is within it. If you want to refer to their sexualities, it is called orientation or sexual and/or romantic orientation. If anyone is anything but straight a common reclaimed word for it all is queer.

Do you guys want me to have a 101 on these kinds of things? Just to clear things up? I can do that!

Buut your contribution was funny anyhow!! A for effort dongregg :D
Nah, no 101. As far as I'm concerned, the 7 billion people on earth are all on their own spot on the spectrum that is crudely described as gender. I suggest that there are other dimensions that nobody has thought about. By dimensions, I mean individual characteristics that are not on any binary or polar dimension.

So no, dear one, just roll on the floor laughing your fanny off and consider anything else as just storytelling for humorous effect.

Okay, I'll read it again.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeppers. that's what I thought. ;)
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

intrige

Post by intrige » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:37 pm

As you wish. :)
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:21 am

I enjoyed listening to my story over the last few days using a text to speech app on my phone. I might do the same thing with some of the other FF around here. Wish I could come up with some new material...

JuliusCZ

Post by JuliusCZ » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:58 pm

a_contemplative_life wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:21 am
I enjoyed listening to my story over the last few days using a text to speech app on my phone. I might do the same thing with some of the other FF around here. Wish I could come up with some new material...
How can you do that if Fan content area is not working? :roll:

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:13 am

Good question. No recent news from Woofy. I'm sitting on six months of changes to my novel-length "Set Me As a Seal upon Your Heart," and Gkmoberg1 has about 40 pages of "Serendipity," the little family on their stopover in Paris on the way to Barcelona.

I hereby request that anyone who wants to can send their email address in a PM to request a pdf of the story. With moby's permission, a pdf of "serendipity," too. :)

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:31 am

JuliusCZ wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:58 pm
a_contemplative_life wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:21 am
How can you do that if Fan content area is not working? :roll:
Most of my FF is at Fanfiction.net

https://m.fanfiction.net/s/5890188/1/Once-Bitten

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:58 am

And what good stuff it is! Thanks, a_c_l. :D

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:26 pm

dongregg wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:58 am
And what good stuff it is! Thanks, a_c_l. :D
You're welcome. Also happy to share a PDF of any of my stories for those who would prefer that, just PM me.

Return to “Fan Fiction”